Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How does the new expansion affect PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How does the new expansion affect PvP

Lionflash
12.18.2012 , 09:56 AM | #21
5 extra talent points will allow my Arsenal Mercenary to get 'Power Shield'.

Energy Shield now further decreases ability activation pushback by 30% and makes you immune to interrupts.

SpaniardInfinity
12.18.2012 , 09:56 AM | #22
Yeah, I wonder how they will deal with the brackets and the PvP gear. Will you be able to wear the PvP sets 50-55 or only at 55? Are the brackets going to be 10-49, 50-55 or 10-54, 55 or something entirely different?

I think the biggest effect will be the opportunity for much needed class balance. 5 more levels probably means 5 more abilities for you class/advanced class. That means Bioware can get to work on helping the classes that need help the most. I suspect 1.7 if the rumors are true (it's supposed to be a major class update) will show us where they plan to bring the skill trees. I think the new abilities in the expansion will only build upon it.

Then there's the question if there will be more skill points...I know a few classes that may reach a new level of overpowered if they were given 5 more skill points.
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

Wainamoinen
12.18.2012 , 10:23 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
5 extra talent points will allow my Arsenal Mercenary to get 'Power Shield'.

Energy Shield now further decreases ability activation pushback by 30% and makes you immune to interrupts.
Good spot, that would be interesting.
Somewhere in the darkness, the Scrapper he broke even
Ilmarinen 60 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

JustinxDuff
12.18.2012 , 10:41 AM | #24
What they do with the 5 additional skill points will be interesting. They will either finish all sense of balance into the ground of they will fix sit and make it more diverse.

Here is to a Watchman buff!
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

Missandei
12.18.2012 , 11:11 AM | #25
The new expansion is expected to go live at 31, May, 2013.
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Biggilus
12.18.2012 , 11:28 AM | #26
I wouldn't be surprised if there is no new gear, not at the start anyway (depends when it goes live) and wouldn't be even further surprised if the next five levels you don't get any points to put into the talent trees. Maybe a new generic or new talent set perhaps which you spec into 50+ ?

And then being "bolstered" down to 50 for PvP!

Missandei
12.18.2012 , 11:34 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Biggilus View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if there is no new gear, not at the start anyway (depends when it goes live) and wouldn't be even further surprised if the next five levels you don't get any points to put into the talent trees. Maybe a new generic or new talent set perhaps which you spec into 50+ ?
http://www.swtor.com/rothc
Continue your Star Wars saga with a new level cap of 55! Earn new abilities, skill points, gear, and more as your character advances!
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

NoTomorrow
12.18.2012 , 11:34 AM | #28
Yes because hybrid asassins really need extra 5 skill points
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Missandei
12.18.2012 , 11:36 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Yes because hybrid asassins really need extra 5 skill points
I bet that all the cookies will go to the Knight/Warrior classes.. as always..

Biggilus
12.18.2012 , 11:38 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
http://www.swtor.com/rothc
Continue your Star Wars saga with a new level cap of 55! Earn new abilities, skill points, gear, and more as your character advances!
Who is to say those skill points won't be for an entirely different tree or subset?