Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Commando is useless at warzone pvp !!! THX TO BIOWARE

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Trooper > Commando
Commando is useless at warzone pvp !!! THX TO BIOWARE

AlistairC
12.11.2012 , 05:15 PM | #31
Move down Concussive Force (or whatever the talent is called that makes Stock Strike stun/immobilize the target) to the 2nd tier. That would be a start.
The longer knockback-talent could be reworked and the added distance from the talent made baseline..

I dont really want an ability that is ONLY defensive. I want options. The class is a bit too stale as it stands right now.
Hell, give us a charge (an ability that brings mobility/offensive/defensive power depending on the situation). Fits the soldier-theme and it would give us some options beyond limping forward for 2 seconds before succumbing to the army of glowsticks.

Gannacus
12.14.2012 , 08:19 AM | #32
Heres some ideas with suttle changes as opposed to wholesale changes to make combat medics a bit more 'longer lasting' in pvp

Add in a longer duration reactive shield ability for 25% dmge reduction but with a crit chance to 50% when activating

Mobile AMP/MP with supercharge cells activated

Full auto has the same effect as Sith Assassin jolt ability - or a knockback like Smuggler aimed shot - or a combo of the two

Good old cryo grenade with 30m range and 6 second length

Sticky bomb has stun effect before detonation on all enemies except bosses, not just weakish ones

And agreed, as most posts say its about the team. Some days you pump out the med probes with a sentinel flying round taking some of the heat off you and your a hero. Other days you'll spend all your time on the speeder and feeling like your firing charged bolts more than healing probes. Thats PVP.
Negotiation through superior firepower

If you leave now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you.... and I will kill you.

KeyboardNinja
12.14.2012 , 12:22 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
And for the love of all that is holy, don't run Gunnery spec in PvP....especially if you're on Ebon Hawk. I will seek you out and destroy you over and over just to prove how gimped that spec is for PvP. Go Assault, or go home.
Eyvan runs Gunnery in PvP on The Ebon Hawk and pretty much always gets top damage. He doesn't queue solo though. He LoSes obsessively and isn't afraid to call for help.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)

Akomo
12.17.2012 , 07:30 AM | #34
Commando useless at wz pvp IN THE HANDS OF WRONG PLAYER! Fixed.
Super Muppet Extraordinaire!

schooch
12.17.2012 , 03:02 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Akomo View Post
^ +1 agreed
Markoss-Commando medic

Loryk
12.17.2012 , 09:48 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Akomo View Post
Totally agreed. I've been able to get at least 200k damage (in sucky BM gear) in pug groups. I've seen others get over 500k as Gunnery.

SW:TOR On Mac OS X 
Bootcamp Tutorial/thread!

Aaoogaa
12.18.2012 , 12:09 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Loryk View Post
Totally agreed. I've been able to get at least 200k damage (in sucky BM gear) in pug groups. I've seen others get over 500k as Gunnery.
Sweet you have seen gunnery get 1/2 of what others get in warzones...epic. If the best gunnery is getting 500k and the best of the rest are getting 800k-1mil then gunnery needs a buff. Even thinking dps commando is competative for rated in its current form is laughable. Slow pathetic ramp up damage for about 2/3 the burst of what a assault vanguard gets frontloaded.
-I would rather pay for a great game than play a poor game for free.
-Viable and worthwhile are not the same when it comes to class design.
55 Commando - 50 Gunslinger - 50 Guardian
Beta tester...loved the game, hate what it has become.

Jherad
12.18.2012 , 07:57 AM | #38
Woah, a WHOLE 500k? /sarcasm

Here's me getting 830k...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_XCyThkTeM

Here's a 770k match:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLdKcHFPWHI

Or 668k from the other night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EAWIM1uZLY

I tear apart puggers - and yet, as probably the top commando on my server, I am still utterly outmatched by the top players of other classes.

At the top end of competitive PvP, DPS Commandos, whether assault or gunnery are outclassed by... well, pretty much everything else. That you, like many other 'commandos are fine!' folks haven't SEEN the top end doesn't mean it isn't a problem.

If you haven't been in matches where the LOWEST total damage from a non-healer was 400k, you haven't seen anything. I'm not attacking you, as you clearly don't know - but I'm sick of having our problems glossed over because for some, mediocrity is enough.
WFW - Waiting For Wildstar
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

Loryk
12.18.2012 , 09:45 AM | #39
I know were are nor that great (normally) mainly because people refuse to try. Though I do agree that we need a PvP buff.

SW:TOR On Mac OS X 
Bootcamp Tutorial/thread!

Jherad
12.18.2012 , 11:27 AM | #40
I know were are nor that great (normally) mainly because people refuse to try. Though I do agree that we need a PvP buff.
It isn't that people refuse to try either. There are bad players in every class - and arguably more of them in the FOTM classes/specs.

The *only* factor in play is that any given player will do worse with a commando in PvP than they would with something else. Sure, if they 'try harder' they can beat at least some of the odds stacked against them - but that falls down as a solution if a vanguard, or a sentinel, or a shadow or whatever that 'tries harder' is still head and shoulders better than us.
WFW - Waiting For Wildstar
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol