Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anyone else annoyed by crowded planets?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Anyone else annoyed by crowded planets?

Rhinzual
12.17.2012 , 08:04 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Temad View Post
Its not really a problem past Nar Shaddaa. By the time you hit Quesh its back to 20 or less most of the time. The early planets are all the folks trying for free....it is clear many are not making it much past 20.
Quesh is a tiny hiccup of a planet anyway.

scullzomben
12.17.2012 , 11:57 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
I'm going to guess he is on Jung Ma.
Jung Ma is an EXTREMELY populated server in comparison to Master Dar Nala

Urael
12.18.2012 , 12:01 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by scullzomben View Post
Jung Ma is an EXTREMELY populated server in comparison to Master Dar Nala
TBH, Jung Ma is lacking compared to what it was mid summer. I can atest that my guild (the one that I am in) on that server is languishing.

Goretzu
12.18.2012 , 06:29 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
Maybe decrease the instance caps to under 200?
Yeah I think so, some of the zones that have 200 caps currently, aren't really functional as zones quest-wise with even 100 people in them.

Performance-wise they are ok with up to 200 in, but if all your doing is waiting around with decent perfomance it's a bit silly.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

FROIDBUSTER
12.18.2012 , 06:46 AM | #85
Its' really the irony of the STWOR instance process.

Populated zones do mean more potential for player interaction, group-finding, etc which is good empty zones get rather stale. But they also make just running around for quest objectives rather tedious either because you're waiting for quest-objectives to respawn, or because they have no cooldown and you have like 5 copies of the same mob running around.

To me the most sensible answer would just be to create many more instances when needed, and leave the chat channels global. There's already a system in place for joining custom channels across world, so I can't imagine making a global world chat would be very hard.

In an ideal world this would probably also be accompanied with a method for automatically joining whatever instance your group leader is in if you get invited to a party from chat.

But in general more instances, and cross-instance (or even server-wide) type LFG, Trade, General, chats would do wonders for SWTOR.