Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

rlamela
12.13.2012 , 10:17 PM | #1801
Cant believe this thread is still going. I got banned twice for replying in this thread. Good memories. Love playing against premades. Like hearing their virtual tears as we pug stomp them all over the map. 65% win rate as solo queuer.

Jenna'syyde aka Pro Solo Queuer

Arlanon
12.14.2012 , 11:50 AM | #1802
I know, right? I have 3 infractions, probably all from this thread and the numerous pages that got deleted.

I can't believe this isn't front page today. You'd almost think intelligent people play this game! Bumping because we know better!

NoTomorrow
12.14.2012 , 08:11 PM | #1803
Red Eclipse, 15 games in a row during prime time. Won only one. The republic is fielding premades over and over again. I am sick of this. Just a game, lord of the drinks, tactical wookes, dxun rising. Jeez it must be a good thing to play easy mode republic these days.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

DarthRaika
12.15.2012 , 12:39 AM | #1804
Lol at the people saying everyone against the current system is stupid. You must be beyond ignorant if you can not even see that there is a problem with the current system for both casual players and for hardcore players that want competition.

Do you really believe that the average person new to 50 pvp will stick around after getting pugstomped again and again? Sure they will be a weight on their team no matter what but at least with premade matching they wouldn't get completely stomped most matches.

Do you really believe that most good pvp'rs enjoy pugstomping over and over and over again?

Newsflash.... you probably suck at pvp and you have finally found a game with a low enough softcap for skill, large enough gear imbalance, healer/guard set ups, premades accounting for half of a team, and no real matching system to speak of. So you finally feel like a good player. You are not and you never will be as long as the extent of your experience is pugstomping. Support premade matching and actually become a good pvpr.

DarthSabreth
12.16.2012 , 07:28 PM | #1805
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
Lol at the people saying everyone against the current system is stupid. You must be beyond ignorant if you can not even see that there is a problem with the current system for both casual players and for hardcore players that want competition.

Do you really believe that the average person new to 50 pvp will stick around after getting pugstomped again and again? Sure they will be a weight on their team no matter what but at least with premade matching they wouldn't get completely stomped most matches.

Do you really believe that most good pvp'rs enjoy pugstomping over and over and over again?

Newsflash.... you probably suck at pvp and you have finally found a game with a low enough softcap for skill, large enough gear imbalance, healer/guard set ups, premades accounting for half of a team, and no real matching system to speak of. So you finally feel like a good player. You are not and you never will be as long as the extent of your experience is pugstomping. Support premade matching and actually become a good pvpr.
I agree totally with your point with new players not wanting to stick around. The premades are out of control on my server, they are now running non stop gearing up all their alts. I highly doubt any F2P players will buy the unlocks and if pvp is their game i doubt that they will sub with the current set up, the stuns and the premades are way out of control.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

SajPl
12.16.2012 , 08:35 PM | #1806
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Red Eclipse, 15 games in a row during prime time. Won only one. The republic is fielding premades over and over again. I am sick of this. Just a game, lord of the drinks, tactical wookes, dxun rising. Jeez it must be a good thing to play easy mode republic these days.
2 reality check premades, 2 drop it like its hoth premades, at least one spaceballs premade, peace is a lie premade, imps are not fielding premades?

HaLeX
12.16.2012 , 08:50 PM | #1807
Of course this is an issue. It drives away new players, yet the same old premades never go away. What pages were deleted from this thread and why? An infraction for what exactly? I am curious.

DarthSabreth
12.17.2012 , 02:09 PM | #1808
Quote: Originally Posted by HaLeX View Post
Of course this is an issue. It drives away new players, yet the same old premades never go away. What pages were deleted from this thread and why? An infraction for what exactly? I am curious.
Your right about it driving away players, I was able to get 2 of my friends to do the F2P thing, they like to PVP and when they tried the pvp in this game their thoughts were 1. the CC is not fun and 2. the premades are just stupid and not fair. sadly to say they will not sub to this game nor are they still playing this game, they are now playing black ops 2 and will never come back to this game. They are really big fans of Star wars and they loved KOTOR. BW will never learn from their mistakes sadly and they will never realize a fustrated customer is likley an unsubbing customer.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Feskitt
12.17.2012 , 09:05 PM | #1809
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
You must be beyond ignorant if you can not even see that there is a problem with the current system for both casual players and for hardcore players that want competition.

They do see it. Hell, they depend on it.

It's obvious -- the same type of "person" who fears competition is the same one who spends every moment lobbying against a legitimate PreMade bracket and/or matchmaking system.

They're scared of facing other PreMades. That's part of why many of them had to run to make a premade to begin with.

And they don't want to feel that way again -- being in a PreMade and farming PUGs lets them tell themselves they're good. And I suspect winning in a video game lets them feel things they can't get in real life.

(just imagine the real life of a FOTM PreMade OP fully geared farmer. Ugh.)
Tracer Missile wasn't even close to a Merc's most powerful attack.
Suckwads spammed it, other suckwads lost to it.
Most apparently didn't even know they had an interrupt. Smart nerf, BW!

CommanderKeeva
12.18.2012 , 06:21 AM | #1810
Just a quick update on this increasingly arid thread.

I managed to convince a few of my friends who used to play SWTOR PvP but are all avid GW2 PvP'ers now, to come back and try F2P PvP for a while. We played for a few hours and their impression was:

1. They don't want to run into server best premades in match after match.
2. They don't want gear gap to impact their performance (GW2 has no gear gap now)
3. They don't want to play without cross-server queues and a reasonable match-making system.
4. They don't want to play a game with dead ranked and no tournament ladders and guild v guild matches.
4. They thought cc was out of control.

We played as a premade team but it wasn't optimal by far because they were wearing outdated gear (Champion, Battlemaster) and I only had a few EWH pieces myself and our team did not have a tank. In fact we did not have any OP classes we had a Sage healer, an Assault Commando DPS, a Sharpshooter Gunslinger and a Balance Sage.
As such we won some matches, lost some matches but it was really annoying when we had to go against the server best premades literally like 5 or 6 times in a row.

Overall, their impression was that SWTOR PvP was just not well-designed enough for them, it suffers from a myriad of problems, has lackluster rewards, doesn't reward serious competition and overall encourages a playstyle that is not fun for either casuals or serious, hardcore PvP'ers.

So premade, cc, ranked warzones, xserver problems aside, my biggest concern is that SWTOR PvP just simply does not have enough appeal for new players. Already established, well-geared players who love easy kills and easy victories and imbalanced matches can't make up a playerbase forever.

And the funniest part is when they preach that "oh we all had to go through the stomping at 50 suck it up until you can stomp others", they rarely if ever actually go through that process. They farm gear for their alts with their valor 70,80,90 characters and send it over via legacy gear and skip the most painful part right off the bat.

Do we really want to cater to these people at the cost of losing many many more potential players?
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?