Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why are you people always attacking the toughest targets?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Why are you people always attacking the toughest targets?

A_nonymous
12.17.2012 , 02:13 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
I never follow that playstyle, i attack whichever one the tank attacks.

But i have learnt from experience that attacking the weaker ones first, ends in disaster, since the strong/elite totally rips you apart before the weaker enemies are dead....but then i was on my guardian at the time and dps guardians tend to lack survivability, believe it or not.
I disagree with that completely. I've always felt there were better results when the DPS guys took out the weaker ads first. Less bees stinging you. Ideally you stun the big guy first, take out the weakest guys while the tank draws aggro from the weaker ones and go up from there. That's my assessment. Mobbing the biggest guy doesn't make sense. First of all, he's going to do a bunch of damage to you all. Second of all, while he's dealing massive damage to you, the other adds are going to be doing damage to you as well so rather than being hit by just one guy, you're all being hit by multiple guys. If the tank is drawing aggro like he should, then the tank is being hit by all sides. So he gets wiped. Then the group gets wiped.
Gunwalker Legacy FTW.

DrewFromPhilly
12.17.2012 , 03:07 PM | #22
You can always tell if your healer PVPs at all by how well they react to this...

drfumblez
12.17.2012 , 03:07 PM | #23
I usually jump on any strong/weak that isn't being CC'd/tanked, and whittle 'em down ASAP. Once all the little buggers are down, then I beat the crap out of the elite.

Am I doing it right?

Sinapus
12.17.2012 , 10:58 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by drfumblez View Post
I usually jump on any strong/weak that isn't being CC'd/tanked, and whittle 'em down ASAP. Once all the little buggers are down, then I beat the crap out of the elite.

Am I doing it right?
That might work. I have noticed with my smugglers, the thermal grenade can do great damage to the weaker ones, sometimes finishing them off with a second grenade. Maybe on a flashpoint/group assignment, the gunslingers/scoundrels can open up by tossing their grenades at the clusters and maybe the combined blasts will take down some of the weaker enemies?
"You have no right to pass judgement on me!" "By your own actions, you appear to believe that might makes right." "I don't like where this is going." "Oh, good. I was hoping you wouldn't."
-Schlock Mercenary