Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Commando Heals Need Small Tweak for Ops

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Trooper
Commando Heals Need Small Tweak for Ops

WooduckAUS
12.12.2012 , 01:36 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by atschai View Post
Playing a commando heal myself I can say I have no problems healing with a sage or a scoundrel at my side. Two commandos on the other side - is very tough to do.
Pretty much every combination of healers is viable in Ops, even 2 sages or 2 scoundrels except 2 commando healers. I think that pretty much says it all.
I'd accept that challenge. I'll come heal with you and we can see how good we go.

I'd love to run 2 Commando's together FTW!!

LuciferinDNA
12.17.2012 , 09:23 AM | #22
Ok, ,so I lvl'ed up a commando, just to take a closer look way this AC's heal tree is so infamous. (pvp player here)
Because its a big crap!! lol
I have lvl 50 scoundrel and two lvl 50 sage. Compared to this classes, commando's heal skills are useless trash, what is good for only one thing - support party in pve rides (to call it good is maybe way to much, but in that play ground its maybe viable..)

combat support cell's healing hammer shoot can't heal the commando it self (hes super heal skill is the scoundrels scan minus self use, what scoundrel use just to reload energy??? lol)

Trauma probe 10 charge?? lol for that amount of heal?

With his 2 minute shield with -30% interruption he can survive till he has energy, but just survive and wait for help lol : D - scoundrel can survive with emergency mad pack free + its insta + he can move and fight till that time.

I don't know if kolto bomb is bugged or what but it seems that it has 2m of range not 8 : D

I would say, this AC's heal tree don't need a small tweak, it has to be rebuild from the ground!

By the way, when I started to play at the launch and saw a player using "hammer s heal "in wz, I thought that its a visual bug it looks so bad!

I don't think that I will play my commando in the future.

Some positive experience - you can build up a nice dps from him (but you can do it with any other class as well...)

I always saw that they are week, but now I see way.

schooch
12.17.2012 , 02:58 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by LuciferinDNA View Post
Ok, ,so I lvl'ed up a commando, just to take a closer look way this AC's heal tree is so infamous. (pvp player here)
I have lvl 50 scoundrel and two lvl 50 sage. Compared to this classes, commando's heal skills are useless trash, what is good for only one thing - support party in pve rides (to call it good is maybe way to much, but in that play ground its maybe viable..)

combat support cell's healing hammer shoot can't heal the commando it self (hes super heal skill is the scoundrels scan minus self use, what scoundrel use just to reload energy??? lol)

With his 2 minute shield with -30% interruption he can survive till he has energy, but just survive and wait for help lol : D - scoundrel can survive with emergency mad pack free + its insta + he can move and fight till that time.

I don't know if kolto bomb is bugged or what but it seems that it has 2m of range not 8 : D

I would say, this AC's heal tree don't need a small tweak, it has to be rebuild from the ground!

By the way, when I started to play at the launch and saw a player using "hammer s heal "in wz, I thought that its a visual bug it looks so bad!

Some positive experience - you can build up a nice dps from him (but you can do it with any other class as well...)

I am going to keep this short. ^L2P
Markoss-Commando medic

Targarion
12.17.2012 , 03:22 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by BalphoWan View Post
I feel like Commando heals are gimped when it comes to end game operations. We are built for single target healing, i.e., tank healing. But the problem is that operations in swtor aren't geared toward needing a tank healer and a raid healer like in WoW. So that renders Commando healers inferior to Sage healers in most raid encounters. I have yet to encounter an Ops boss that does not favor a Sage's ability to raid wide heal with Salvation.

However, I think there is an easy fix for this. I think the Devs should get rid of the limitation on the number of players healed by Kolto Bomb. And that is really not a buff at all. Back in 1.3 or 1.4, they changed our Kolto bomb so that it worked on everyone in a 4 man group (i.e., limitation went from 3 players to 4). That was basically aimed at making the Commando a little more effective of an aoe healer. Well, that did us litte good in a raid environment, when you need to heal 8 or 16 plyers at a time sometimes. I feel like if our Kolto Bomb could heal everyone in the raid, just like a Sage can with Salvation, it would level the playing field more. It also would not have an effect whatsoever in anyhting except raid encounters where there are more than 4 players.

I was wondering what other Commando healers thought about this idea?

Of course, I do not PVP, so if someone wants to chime in to give their thoughts on how this would not be possible with respect to balanced PVP, then I am all ears.
My thoughts as an experience Commando healer, is our class heals just fine in any given situation. It would be nice to have a stronger AOE but that wouldn't be fair to sages who go into battle with light armor and the slowest force regeneration of all the classes. Sages need a strong AOE because they must hurt themselves to keep their force up. We commandos are walking tin cans that can take a beating and keep on healing. Our DPS out put is very high for a healing class as well.

A commonado healer is focused on sustain healing over time, with large crit burst. So throw on kolto bomb, prob and hammer shot and just keep yoru tank stable. You must throw on kolto bomb every 15 seconds or after every cool down to keep the 15% bonus heals up. And just heal like a boss.

I played ECHM, TFB progression raids in PVP gear and was able to keep all my teammates alive. I love commando healer, because of our strong focus heals. One the group takes damage at the same time, you should be able to two shot heal some one to 100% health while throwing out your AOE and field aids.

PVP commandos healers are a mf beast. The average hit on heals is 500k plus. You will see a sage hit 800K heal per game. But keep in mind that includes their self heals that they depend on to stay alive. Because we have a better survivalbility, a large portion of our heals are keeping up teammates alive.

Ultimately commandos are the hardest healers to master, but when you do, you are the healer that will turn the tide of the game.

Targarion
12.17.2012 , 03:33 PM | #25

Wow so wrong on all accounts.

Most people plant their commandos in one spot and try to deal out heals like a sage. Then you will see people try to run around like an operative throwing out heals and running away. Ugh.

People just don't understand the class, because it is utility heavy.

When players suck at any calls, they blame the class instead of themeslves. Sages are easier to heal with, but are not better IMO

LuciferinDNA
12.17.2012 , 08:23 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Targarion View Post
Wow so wrong on all accounts.

Most people plant their commandos in one spot and try to deal out heals like a sage. Then you will see people try to run around like an operative throwing out heals and running away. Ugh.

People just don't understand the class, because it is utility heavy.

When players suck at any calls, they blame the class instead of themselves. Sages are easier to heal with, but are not better IMO
I know how channeling works , )
I made examples with scoundrel, but I play sage as well how I mentioned it, here is a vid 5:18-6:50 what I made with my 2. sage (don't wanted to waist ranked coms on my mains till 1.5 so I rolled a 2. one : P)

ok its a shadow + a powertech but can you imagine, that commando/ merc would survive? no way man : D
Your AC needs upgrade and if you play it like a main I can't imagine way you argue (the reason could be that its not your main , ))

LuciferinDNA
12.17.2012 , 08:28 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by schooch View Post
I am going to keep this short. ^L2P
wow! The master of the class (in the forum lol)
What I should learn? Do you think, that this game is complicated? You don't even have to aim,,,.Do you think, that any one who lvl up an AC is not familiar with its rotations?
But any way, your replay is like a boss! No doubt : D

schooch
12.17.2012 , 08:52 PM | #28
wow! The master of the class (in the forum lol)
What I should learn? Do you think, that this game is complicated? You don't even have to aim,,,.Do you think, that any one who lvl up an AC is not familiar with its rotations?
But any way, your replay is like a boss! No doubt : D
well at least according to you I am at least a master of the class on the forum, where as you are horrible in game and on the forum. 1 point me, 0 for you.

And yes it is complicated, button smashing gets you no where. 2 points me, 0 for you.

Apparently lvl'ing up a AC did not teach you how to play the class, 3 points me, 0 you.
Markoss-Commando medic

LuciferinDNA
12.18.2012 , 04:46 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by schooch View Post
well at least according to you I am at least a master of the class on the forum, where as you are horrible in game and on the forum. 1 point me, 0 for you.

And yes it is complicated, button smashing gets you no where. 2 points me, 0 for you.

Apparently lvl'ing up a AC did not teach you how to play the class, 3 points me, 0 you.
Look guys, schooch earned a bunch of point right here! Lets celebrate him a bit, but then we should jump back to our issue, coz 1.6.1 still didn't came out with any upgrade for the AC's healing tree.

By the way Schooch, this 3 : 0 was epic! I hope you frapsed it : D gg!

Targarion
12.18.2012 , 03:43 PM | #30
I know how channeling works , )
I made examples with scoundrel, but I play sage as well how I mentioned it, here is a vid 5:18-6:50 what I made with my 2. sage (don't wanted to waist ranked coms on my mains till 1.5 so I rolled a 2. one : P)

ok its a shadow + a powertech but can you imagine, that commando/ merc would survive? no way man : D
Your AC needs upgrade and if you play it like a main I can't imagine way you argue (the reason could be that its not your main , ))
Nice vid. Well I can't speak for the people you fought, where they as geared as you? Did they know their class? There are many factors your vid doesn't show, but from my experience open world pvp I pawned tanks with my commando healer. Dps forget about it, I owned them all. I lost one match in open world pvp to a guardian tank when I lost control of my toon through a keybinding mishap. Long story short, my character got stuck on auto turn and I was doing figure eights all over the place lol.

My commando healer is my main, and I never found my heals lacking in any situation.