Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why IMPS are so bad? (PvP)


Krozis's Avatar


Krozis
12.17.2012 , 08:22 AM | #41
I play both sides. Of course baddies are everywhere, but on a daily basis there is no comparison. The difference in my win/loss ratio between the two sides is unbelievable.

BTW you (Xanas?) were in the very game I was referring to. I was on my sorc Odynom, and with Bombud the assassin.

I'll tell you one thing... the only thing I ever see changing (and this would be of course in a non-ranked environment) is so many of the Darth Maul super-kids get sick of getting their sabers pushed in, that they swap sides.

*IF* this timeline of the star wars universe continues in this direction, then in the far distant future Alderaan has NOTHING to worry about because the Deathstar will have about 21 Expertise, be armed with a cool level 10 green 'Superlaser', and have about 14,000 health. This Deathstar will be one uber Smash and a Dispatch away from rage-unsubscribing.
̿̿'̿̿\̵͇̿̿\= Formerly from a big guild that is now hundreds of tiny guilds. =/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿
Krozis \ Vintego \ Vint

RefugeASSASSIN's Avatar


RefugeASSASSIN
12.17.2012 , 12:28 PM | #42
I guess I dont get the "Darth Maul Kiddies" comment. Are they Darth Maul because of class? Because of the armor they wear? Because they role play and say the 3 lines he had in the movie?
Keefan Noonan
Darkness Tankasin
Jedi Covenant

Mojitin's Avatar


Mojitin
12.17.2012 , 01:00 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronaimeth View Post
I'd like to point out, that imperials aren't the only ones with baddies. We run into the same pug horribleness as everyone on imp side too.
Some of the Republic baddies don't even like free wins, either. I don't know if Imperial pugs like seeing good premades on their team but at times we are met with things like this.
Moji - Jedi Shadow
LD50

totherkins's Avatar


totherkins
12.17.2012 , 01:21 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Mojitin View Post
Some of the Republic baddies don't even like free wins, either. I don't know if Imperial pugs like seeing good premades on their team but at times we are met with things like this.
Not even pubs like LD50 weird and I'm sorry . And to answer your question I myself get a tad bit wet when I see try hards or uncensored.
Tötherkins - 50 tank Juggernaut
Ultimate Individual Class PVP Records 2.0
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...78#post6184878

dego-harmonium's Avatar


dego-harmonium
12.17.2012 , 02:27 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by RefugeASSASSIN View Post
I guess I dont get the "Darth Maul Kiddies" comment. Are they Darth Maul because of class? Because of the armor they wear? Because they role play and say the 3 lines he had in the movie?
he means that imperials attract a certain element that pubs don’t we tend to get much more of the casual crowd and it is still the most popular faction so our pool of bads is greater,
I picked Imp because I thought there would be alot of casuals drawn to "jedi" aspect, also TBH I also went imp the same reason I went horde in WoW, most of the better pvp'ers were horde on my server and later on battle group, so I just stuck with the same theme it worked for me last time.....
I just hope the next big MMO is factionless, I never understood segregating a giant potion of your population from each other
Arterial

randiesel's Avatar


randiesel
12.17.2012 , 03:32 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by dego-harmonium View Post
he means that imperials attract a certain element that pubs don’t we tend to get much more of the casual crowd and it is still the most popular faction so our pool of bads is greater,
I picked Imp because I thought there would be alot of casuals drawn to "jedi" aspect, also TBH I also went imp the same reason I went horde in WoW, most of the better pvp'ers were horde on my server and later on battle group, so I just stuck with the same theme it worked for me last time.....
I just hope the next big MMO is factionless, I never understood segregating a giant potion of your population from each other
This is highly dependent on the server that you play on.

I'm currently starting up on POT5 and Imp is the dominant faction there. BW has done nothing in terms of server transfers or cross server pvp, so it'll always be dominated by pubs on JC.

Cross server pvp would solve so many problems...

Utopii's Avatar


Utopii
12.17.2012 , 03:41 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by mojitin View Post
some of the republic baddies don't even like free wins, either. I don't know if imperial pugs like seeing good premades on their team but at times we are met with things like this.
lol :d
LD50
Lethal Dose Fifty - GM
Recruitment | Apply | Roster
www.ld-fifty.com

PlaceAdHere's Avatar


PlaceAdHere
12.18.2012 , 01:54 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Astraios View Post
Then you also have the idiots, like the guy who told me the other day that killing healers is pointless....
Killing healers is pointless. They just respawn and heal again you noob. Focus the tanks first, that way you negate their guard and taunt. Then you kill the dps and now the healer has nothing to do but tickle you. See! Killing healers is a bad idea, especially sages.
Space Available
<Goon Squad>
Placeadhere - Chemist - Marie'curie
<That's No Goon>
Call for more information.

SpaniardInfinity's Avatar


SpaniardInfinity
12.18.2012 , 09:50 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by PlaceAdHere View Post
Killing healers is pointless. They just respawn and heal again you noob. Focus the tanks first, that way you negate their guard and taunt. Then you kill the dps and now the healer has nothing to do but tickle you. See! Killing healers is a bad idea, especially sages.
It is a known fact that killing healers is outlawed by the Geneva Conventions. Clearly politicians are better at games than half the server.
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

Shreb's Avatar


Shreb
12.18.2012 , 09:57 AM | #50
It's safe to say that there are baddies on both sides of the field. I do tend to believe that more of the solid imps will not q solo in pugs. I posted this in a different thread, but I give Powertaco credit because I see him solo q'ing often. I solo q on Devildog and Cheerleader all the time. I usually stick around until the end unless the team is full of fail and I either have to leave or /slit. I know some good PVPers that were horrible at one point. Who didn't believe in recruit gear at one point. Who ignored objectives at one point. Everyone starts somewhere and there's only one way to learn... get smacked around some and yelled at.

When I PVP, I always check to see if someone in the guild is pvping first or a friend on my list. It's more fun that way because you can work together. Plus... Winning > Losing. I will say that the friends from my list are friends because I solo q'ed and pugged... so there is benefits there as well. I do tend to believe that there is quality on both sides of the field, but I think there are more dedicated and active PvPers on the Rep side.

Last point... if you want to run with the solid PVPers... make an effort to get to know them.. but more importantly... learn your class... spec the right way... put out numbers. When I PvP on Devildog, I spec Assault 99.9% of the time. THe only time I don't is if I forget to respec after a raid. I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing a tracer missile/grav round spammer... cause they are easy kills. Speccing correctly is very important. Some people prefer a certain spec because it's fun... but its utility is zero in a warzone.
Devíldog, Cheerleader, Shreb, Redskín, Devildög, Magnanimous
<The Doofenschmirtz Legacy>