Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Ancient Hypergate - Thoughts?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ancient Hypergate - Thoughts?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
12.17.2012 , 10:43 AM | #31
Meh...as others have said, it's the same ol cap/hold we have in 2 other WZ's already. When people were first talking about it, I expected more.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

WaywardOne's Avatar


WaywardOne
12.17.2012 , 10:50 AM | #32
My first couple runs were confusing but after that I had it down and was having fun. There's skill and objective play involved and no cheap cc trap/fall kills. My only complaint would be that the map and mechanics are very video-gamey/artificial but that's a small gripe outweighed by the fun. I'm very happy it's not another Huttball (I'm told I'm very good at HB but I still hate it).

Seengularity's Avatar


Seengularity
12.17.2012 , 01:41 PM | #33
Hey all - Here's my thoughts on The Hyper-gate:

I like it. It's on par with the other WZs we have, if not better. Please make sure you play it several times and understand it!!

On the flip side, there's several places where you cannot force leap an opponent, even if you're in range and you should be able to force leap to them. I'm specifically talking about the surrounding areas by the pylons; that corridor from the power up buff --> toward the pylon. (FIX IT DAMN IT!!)

-Seeng

JovethGonzalez's Avatar


JovethGonzalez
12.17.2012 , 01:46 PM | #34 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello,
I wanted to clarify that we are aware that defensive medals are not being granted to players defending pylons. Thanks to your reports, we will be adding this to our Known Issues list and working on a fix for this in a future patch. Thank you for your patience.

cashogy's Avatar


cashogy
12.17.2012 , 01:50 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hello,
I wanted to clarify that we are aware that defensive medals are not being granted to players defending pylons. Thanks to your reports, we will be adding this to our Known Issues list and working on a fix for this in a future patch. Thank you for your patience.
so will this be fixed within 2 months. good to know

rawfox's Avatar


rawfox
12.17.2012 , 02:11 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hello,
I wanted to clarify that we are aware that defensive medals are not being granted to players defending pylons. Thanks to your reports, we will be adding this to our Known Issues list and working on a fix for this in a future patch. Thank you for your patience.
It seems, the warzone counter isnt updating the delivered orbs.
I saw it "counting" the deliverance in the little circles around the pylon green in some picture, but not life at all

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
12.17.2012 , 04:08 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
so will this be fixed within 2 months. good to know
Optimistic I see
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Lintman's Avatar


Lintman
12.17.2012 , 04:34 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hello,
I wanted to clarify that we are aware that defensive medals are not being granted to players defending pylons. Thanks to your reports, we will be adding this to our Known Issues list and working on a fix for this in a future patch. Thank you for your patience.
Yay in the future no more finishing with only 2 medals due to guarding.
Guardian Tank Vengeance Juggernaut
Sharpshooter Gunslinger Hybrid Tanksin
and a litany of alts Healer Operative
It's not about playing the best class spec, but about playing the one you find fun.

Pvtcarnage's Avatar


Pvtcarnage
12.17.2012 , 04:36 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by JackNader View Post
Are you people on crack? It's the best warzone Bioware has come up with and it is the best for 1 reason alone. "You get punished severely for being a stupid ****."

*The map is even. It takes the same amount of time to get from the spawn to each pilon as it does for the enemy faction.

*You can't see how many people are going to each node until you are committed to taking a side.

*Holding 2 pilons is always better than holding 1 and trafficing orbs or landing kills. Taking 2 pilons is not easy. You can also take 1 pilon and then attack their pilon and stall their cap for the entire round by playing smart. This also can blow up in your face especially if you are severely outnumbered.

*People can solo defend a node from 1 attacker by standing a good distance away from the pilon. 1 stealth can take the node from you with ease if you are standing right next to the node.

*The round resets periodically re-balancing the fight.. The strongest team can lose at any point if they **** up.
I agree, tons of fun.
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

Pvtcarnage's Avatar


Pvtcarnage
12.17.2012 , 04:42 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by JackNader View Post
Are you people on crack? It's the best warzone Bioware has come up with and it is the best for 1 reason alone. "You get punished severely for being a stupid ****."

*The map is even. It takes the same amount of time to get from the spawn to each pilon as it does for the enemy faction.

*You can't see how many people are going to each node until you are committed to taking a side.

*Holding 2 pilons is always better than holding 1 and trafficing orbs or landing kills. Taking 2 pilons is not easy. You can also take 1 pilon and then attack their pilon and stall their cap for the entire round by playing smart. This also can blow up in your face especially if you are severely outnumbered.

*People can solo defend a node from 1 attacker by standing a good distance away from the pilon. 1 stealth can take the node from you with ease if you are standing right next to the node.

*The round resets periodically re-balancing the fight.. The strongest team can lose at any point if they **** up.
I agree, tons of fun.
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane