Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

soft caps, do they exist?

Phill
12.17.2012 , 12:39 PM | #1
So I have heard that Critical rating has a soft cap of 35%, meaning anything above 35% has diminishing returns. In addition Crit Multipler (Surge) has a soft cap of 75%.

I hear people tossing these numbers around. First is the 35% soft cap buffed or unbuffed? So you really want to be at 40% when buffed or 35% when buffed.

How did these numbers come about?
"General, surely there must be SOMEBODY left who needs some killing, or some killing done for them."......."Sorry, Major. There's nobody left. You've killed them all. "

itsmymillertime
12.17.2012 , 12:47 PM | #2
http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/forum-5.html

Check the stickies for the graphs that show DR.

dipstik
12.17.2012 , 01:02 PM | #3
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/47/statscalingdr.png

there are also hard caps... when you get infinity points.

some ppl think they are not soft caps because in other games you hit those numbers and move on, but here they are all related so u want to have good ratios of stats, sot hey prefer stat weight to soft cap

Prysha
12.17.2012 , 01:02 PM | #4
ive taken a look at that forum.. WT F ???
people use mathematic formulas just to calculate the 0.01-3% more or less damage???
seriously some people need a girlfriend there..lol

i myself just kill things while using the best gear i can get frommissions and commendations.. and i win a majority of my pvps.. so... just add your stats as you feel... the whole mathematic calculation work just steals your time at this..lol

dont wanna offend anyone.. but i really dont get the pointat all.. the numbers are written on the items.. like "+22power" .. okay then i have 22 more power... good.. at what point i need mathematic formulas?

especially in a game like this where the PvE is focus and PvP is not really rewarding..lol neither is needed to get important stuff
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!