Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Request to Bioware regarding Taral V - HM


rob_y's Avatar


rob_y
12.13.2012 , 01:24 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
Yes, I understand what you mean. I have argued about this on the forum for some time now.

I hope they listen, because the way things are now the "fast run comm farmers" are turning the HM flashpoints into a empty room with a boss in the end.

And in your case not even a boss in the end.
The funny thing is, sometimes I think it'd be easier to just kill some of the trash or bosses people skip than to go around. Some trash mobs die in one AOE. It's better than sliding past and then having the last guy pull and then having to go back and clean it up.
Yan (55 - Scoundrel) Silch (50 - Guardian) Hoeven (50 - Commando)
Thith'yan (50 - Sorceror) D'lamia (50 - Marauder) Brazo (55 - Powertech)
RIVAL
The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five

Ruskaeth's Avatar


Ruskaeth
12.14.2012 , 01:12 AM | #22
I think people should consider the minute or two consuming small bosses on FPs to get the daily com from those. It's very efficient and easy way of accumulating extra daily coms. Contrary to the popular believe, daily commendations are of use. Dread Guard relics are not that bad and I am guessing there will be more of goodies on the way, with higher prices. I've grinded flashpoints with 5 alts since the BH rewards and for me, skipping everything has become the ultimate boredom and really meaningless. I'd rather kill a few bosses more -just for fun. Personally, BH coms translate into molecular stabilizers and nothing else.

Zamppa's Avatar


Zamppa
12.14.2012 , 02:09 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
So just because I want to finish it in 10 minutes and he doesn't, and if the majority in the flashpoint group also agrees with me, you don't think it's the OP shoving his choices down my throat? It has nothing to do with selfishness either, you don't know me. Wishing to complete a flashpoint as soon as possible has nothing remotely to do with selifishness.
Let me ask a dumb question from you. Why do you play the game and probably pay for playing it if all you want is to get through areas with minimal effort and only get the prizes without really doing anything to earn them? This is a roleplaying game based on knowing your character, building it to mirror you, and using his/her abilities. If you want to jump over enemies and platforms Mario is the game for you...
"What can you say - I'm a talented individual"
- Revan to Bastila on Taris

Ephesia's Avatar


Ephesia
12.14.2012 , 09:16 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Zamppa View Post
Let me ask a dumb question from you. Why do you play the game and probably pay for playing it if all you want is to get through areas with minimal effort and only get the prizes without really doing anything to earn them? This is a roleplaying game based on knowing your character, building it to mirror you, and using his/her abilities. If you want to jump over enemies and platforms Mario is the game for you...
Let me give an answer to your dumb question. Because I have already been through, chewed, digested that content. The new gear I want to obtain to access higher content goes through doing that same content 100 times, before presuming how I should play, learn how this game works.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Zamppa's Avatar


Zamppa
12.15.2012 , 12:51 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
Let me give an answer to your dumb question. Because I have already been through, chewed, digested that content. The new gear I want to obtain to access higher content goes through doing that same content 100 times, before presuming how I should play, learn how this game works.
Cool story, bro, really cool! The only problem here is that you are the selfish brat here. We understand you have gotten all the drops you need from that said Flashpoint but some of the people in the random created group may have not and that's why clearing all the bosses, which in these instances are the ones to kill to get the drops, would be very nice for the group. Simply thinking and shouting "I don't need any drops from here so skip,run,spacebar, skip, run, spacebar so I can save 5-10 minutes of my time" makes you only look like a childish and selfish jerk. Those instances are for 4 people groups, they AREN'T just for YOU. So if you have that big problems clearing all the bosses in Flashpoints do us people a favor and quit your sub, or atleast do those "run, skip.spacebar"-runs with your guildies so you won't ruin the game for other people who actually want to play the game as it is designed to be played.
"What can you say - I'm a talented individual"
- Revan to Bastila on Taris

Ephesia's Avatar


Ephesia
12.17.2012 , 08:02 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Zamppa View Post
Cool story, bro, really cool! The only problem here is that you are the selfish brat here. We understand you have gotten all the drops you need from that said Flashpoint but some of the people in the random created group may have not and that's why clearing all the bosses, which in these instances are the ones to kill to get the drops, would be very nice for the group. Simply thinking and shouting "I don't need any drops from here so skip,run,spacebar, skip, run, spacebar so I can save 5-10 minutes of my time" makes you only look like a childish and selfish jerk. Those instances are for 4 people groups, they AREN'T just for YOU. So if you have that big problems clearing all the bosses in Flashpoints do us people a favor and quit your sub, or atleast do those "run, skip.spacebar"-runs with your guildies so you won't ruin the game for other people who actually want to play the game as it is designed to be played.
You are in no way to judge how people should play, you are in no position to force your gaming choices on other people. If Bioware agreed with your pitiful logic they would have made the bosses unskippable a long time ago. Alas, that is not so. So long as they are skippable a group of people will skip them. Not everyone is playing this game for your imaginary group of people who want full runs (No one, ever asked me to do full runs, and I did perhaps hundreds of HM FP ones so far, if they probably kindly asked I wouldn't mind unless I have urgent business)
This isn't just about you, get off your high horse.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Zamppa's Avatar


Zamppa
12.17.2012 , 10:55 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
You are in no way to judge how people should play, you are in no position to force your gaming choices on other people. If Bioware agreed with your pitiful logic they would have made the bosses unskippable a long time ago. Alas, that is not so. So long as they are skippable a group of people will skip them. Not everyone is playing this game for your imaginary group of people who want full runs (No one, ever asked me to do full runs, and I did perhaps hundreds of HM FP ones so far, if they probably kindly asked I wouldn't mind unless I have urgent business)
This isn't just about you, get off your high horse.
Yeah it's not about me, but it certainly is not about you either! As you may have noticed I said you can skip bosses if you want but I would recommend you to do that with your guildies as random created groups may have people who want to do the bosses. And I'm quite sure most people expect and assume to kill bosses when they do FPs, Heroics or stuff like that. The bosses have been put into the game for a reason, they are there because of the challenge for the group.
"What can you say - I'm a talented individual"
- Revan to Bastila on Taris

Icebergy's Avatar


Icebergy
12.17.2012 , 11:02 AM | #28
OP, first off, nothing is stopping you from finding a guild/friends who want to do it your way.

Second, even if you are a new 50 and undergeared, fast comm runs are still the most efficient way for you to gear up, especially now that Bioware is handing out free Tionese to every level 50. This is equivalent gear of most of the drops in HMs, the end bosses drop Columi, but other than that, you get the gear just from hitting level 50 now, so really there is no reason NOT to skip them.

Third, don't be selfish. Just because you want it one way doesn't give you the right to try to force it on others.

EDIT: Also, ASK YOUR GROUP! Most people are reasonable enough that if it is someone's first time, and they are polite about it, the group will slow down for a new person. Polite communication goes a long way.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

Icestar's Avatar


Icestar
12.17.2012 , 11:11 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Second, even if you are a new 50 and undergeared, fast comm runs are still the most efficient way for you to level up,
Wrong, it is not the fastest way regarding what the OP writes.

He speaks about a bosskill in Taral V that takes around 5 minutes to do. Two of my characters got their columni gloves on the first run for example. According to your statement it takes shorter time to get gloves from comm runs then killing a boss that takes 5 minutes, that is not logical at all.

Besides if you get the gloves you can get another piece by using comms so in any way, killing the boss for those that needs can shorten the time to get good gear considerably.

The designflaw to be able to bypass a final boss that drops columni and be forced to beg the team to kill the boss is gamebreaking.
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"
- Nikola Tesla

Ephesia's Avatar


Ephesia
12.18.2012 , 10:33 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Zamppa View Post
Yeah it's not about me, but it certainly is not about you either! As you may have noticed I said you can skip bosses if you want but I would recommend you to do that with your guildies as random created groups may have people who want to do the bosses. And I'm quite sure most people expect and assume to kill bosses when they do FPs, Heroics or stuff like that. The bosses have been put into the game for a reason, they are there because of the challenge for the group.
I never once claimed, like you, that there is only a single way to do flashpoints with pugs. I have presented multiple choices, just like how the game mechaanics present them. How do you manage to think that I think it's all about me is really beyond me at this point. You are the one who is saying my way or ****, I am the one who is saying no there are several ways to go about it. As I said, and as many people said beforehand, communication is key. Ask politely and you may get groups to do full runs. Please stop thinking at this point that your method and choices of gameplay are the only righteous way to go about it. That's just absurd and if you don't see it, there's nothing I can do or say to you, just stay far away from me.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst