Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Cybertech] Grade 7 Parts on Cartel Market: Greed before Crafters

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Cybertech] Grade 7 Parts on Cartel Market: Greed before Crafters

Tatumsa
12.16.2012 , 01:30 PM | #21
I was annoyed they put them on the cartel market as I had grinded to get the items and schems in time for patch day. It took another day to get the last bit. I was even more annoyed when a guilie poopooed my effort by going on about P2W. Which this is.

JamieKirby
12.17.2012 , 09:53 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by SomeJagoff View Post
hmm, this is definitely unfair to crafters, I see less of an incentive to grind for the schems now. Though, for 1300 cartel coins for the full set per toon, it's a pretty steep price to pay with RL money. Then again, that is the idea behind "Pay" to win, so I guess we'll see how the market is for these in the coming weeks. I have been rather surprised by how much RL money people have spent on stuff though, several of my guildies have dropped cash on cartel coins like it's candy and they're subs too. Bioware must be making a ton of money since the F2P launch, or EA, rather.
You mean the crafters actually crafted?? wow, unless it was on every other server except mine?.......though i agree, it is taking the pee.

Icebergy
12.17.2012 , 09:54 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Wow, do you really believe this?
Yes.

(message too short)
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

Khevar
12.17.2012 , 10:27 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Yes.

(message too short)
Are you a complete failure as a crafter and have to take it out on others?
Do you have no idea how to sell anything on the GTN?
Do you hope the communists take over the GTN and dole out the contents to the players for free?

Spartanik
12.18.2012 , 12:39 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by SomeJagoff View Post
hmm, this is definitely unfair to crafters, I see less of an incentive to grind for the schems now. Though, for 1300 cartel coins for the full set per toon, it's a pretty steep price to pay with RL money. Then again, that is the idea behind "Pay" to win, so I guess we'll see how the market is for these in the coming weeks. I have been rather surprised by how much RL money people have spent on stuff though, several of my guildies have dropped cash on cartel coins like it's candy and they're subs too. Bioware must be making a ton of money since the F2P launch, or EA, rather.
Off course thats how Free to play works. it is intended to work that way. Its a way to capitalize on the product.
Not giving up on it. To be honest i was suprised to see this game released without F2P model.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

ekimmak
12.18.2012 , 05:10 AM | #26
Are you really surprised? This is the company who still have scavenging materials in a synthweaving recipe.
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.

Manahawkin
12.18.2012 , 11:32 AM | #27
There is a nearly 90 page thread on this here:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...569897&page=89

Despite a dev response (pg 55)... 1.6.1 hit with no changes. If they are looking for a better solution, they should raise the CC price in the meantime.

Let's see if we can get to 100 pages, and maybe something will change.

/holds breath

AhaziBorn
12.18.2012 , 04:13 PM | #28
Meh. Ship parts were never a big profit to me so I never bothered with them on my cybertech. But, I don't see how people could not expect this from EA, and make no mistake, it is EA's doing. To be honest, this is barely P2W. Win what exactly? Single-player space missions? No space pvp? No space co-op? Let em have it. I make more selling Mats than I do with anything else.
Thank you, Japan, for rescuing America from the brink of caring about Soccer - Stephen Colbert