Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ebon Hawk Advanced * 26/27 Craftable List

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Ebon Hawk
Ebon Hawk Advanced * 26/27 Craftable List

wadecounty
12.14.2012 , 10:33 AM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by Satedbuffalo View Post
I will say that many (most?) of us who craft for free don't have an stake in the stabilizer market (which should be crashing any day now, dude to WH RE's). <The Silent Council> has schematics that no one else on the server can make, and we still made the decision to craft for free for the server. We were not 'undercut': we never offered these schematics for sale. We are not especially interested in playing PvP with the market: we do this as a service to the server. The benefit to us is in earned goodwill. It's the same reason we regularly offer free access to the +10 datacron.
That's fair, and more power to you guys for doing so.

Quote:
If someone wants to make money off their unique schematics, more power to them. But the animosity toward those who offer a free service to the server doesn't make sense to me.
But being realistic for a second here, there's no animosity directed towards you for crafting for free. Its something most everyone ends up doing at some point. The animosity is clearly being directed at people charging a premium for new schematics. The only thing I was doing was explaining one of the reasons that some parties do craft for free, although I'll concede good will is a legitimate reason as well, but not the ONLY reason.

The issue is that so far in this thread, charging money for an item is considered evil, and doing it for free makes you an angel, and that isn't always the case. There's a multitude of reasons things cost what they do, and its unfair to judge anyone for what they charge without knowing all of the details.

Bombbuster
12.14.2012 , 10:43 AM | #162
That was a perfectly reasonable explanation for why someone might charge a 4 mil crafting fee.

Let me offer another possible explanation: Greed.

Regardless, free markets eventually settle on prices based on the true value of things, and the fools-and-their-money and the profiteers who take advantage of them are both soon gone.

Back on topic, I didn't see Advanced Battle Enhancement 27 on the list yet. Anyone crafting that yet? I could use a couple to fine tune my build.
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
ZoŽ: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Ariellia
12.14.2012 , 11:00 AM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by kloma View Post
why is he costing so high? because he knows that as soon as he release a few into the wild, big guilds like empire, etc will buy a load, RE them and learn the schematic themselves.
Actually everything we learn is from drops, everything we buy and trade for gets equipped and used.

Though there are definitely a few people out there on this server that do get things crafted just so they can learn them.
Airi - Empire

The Diamond Legacy

kloma
12.14.2012 , 12:15 PM | #164
sorry you were the first big guild i could think of lol.

changed it

silvershadows
12.14.2012 , 06:20 PM | #165
Isad'ia (Republic) crafting Advanced Deft Mod 26

Free with your mats, tips appreciated though!

(yeah yeah it's only a 26 but I'll learn the others eventually!)
IllusiaApocalypsaAvatia
JuggernautMercenaryAssassin
Project Mayhem
The Ebon Hawk

Decipere
12.15.2012 , 03:04 AM | #166
The thread has been updated.

Now that we have the Might Hilt 27, I think all major schematics are covered. I understand we are still missing a few things such as "Quick Savant" and "Battle". But both of those are harder to acquire and the stat points can be achieved by shuffling certain things around such as mods and enhancements. However, should anyone RE it, it will certainly be great for the server.

Regarding the prices listed by crafters. I've mentioned this before, but crafters can and should charge what they like. It is not an easy process to acquire new schematics so if they wish to be monetarily rewarded for their efforts, that is their prerogative. Personally, I hope with better gear will come more progression for guilds, which will naturally lead to a decrease in price.

Keep up the hard work everyone!

DaBong
12.15.2012 , 02:42 PM | #167
Firemessiah (imp)
Advanced Resilient Mod 26
no fee, just mats

Stanimir
12.15.2012 , 03:45 PM | #168
Narodnik will make the Black Hole Foestopper's Mk-1 package for free with mats.

rhoule
12.15.2012 , 05:08 PM | #169
Zalakai knows the potent mod 27 Republic Side
Ralakai - 50 Sage Zalakai - 50 Scoundrel
Dalakai - 50 Vanguard
<Anger Management>
Guild Master

Remamian
12.15.2012 , 06:55 PM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by Decipere View Post
The thread has been updated.

Now that we have the Might Hilt 27, I think all major schematics are covered. I understand we are still missing a few things such as "Quick Savant" and "Battle". But both of those are harder to acquire and the stat points can be achieved by shuffling certain things around such as mods and enhancements. However, should anyone RE it, it will certainly be great for the server.

Regarding the prices listed by crafters. I've mentioned this before, but crafters can and should charge what they like. It is not an easy process to acquire new schematics so if they wish to be monetarily rewarded for their efforts, that is their prerogative. Personally, I hope with better gear will come more progression for guilds, which will naturally lead to a decrease in price.

Keep up the hard work everyone!
Commando Barrel 27 and Weighted Mod 27b would be amazing as well! ... Please? ... =P