Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Series: Darth Sidious vs Sith Emperor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Series: Darth Sidious vs Sith Emperor

Rayla_Felana
12.15.2012 , 05:14 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Theres also Shadow Stormtroopers, Storm Commandos, Terror Troopers, Storm Commanders(which were the equivalent to the ARC Commandos of the Clone Wars). MasterMe, you keep saying Vitiate has SF and while the SE has SF there is no detail of what those SF consist of. Lets take a look at a few of the GE's SF.
===========

Phase Zero Dark Trooper= Aged clone vets who have had their body parts replaced with cybernetics(some over 70% of their body) , with their experience plus their bodies they were deadly and effective. They carried Blast Cannons, SE-14r light repeating blasters and thermal detonators, also having a jump pack to move much more quickly.

Phase 2 Dark Trooper= Droid with reinforced phrik body, jump pack, an assault cannon capable of firing 400 plasma rounds and 20 missiles before reloading, it also had a deflector shield. A small number of these destroyed a Rebel base on Talay.

Phase 3 Dark Trooper= Dwarfing the Phase 2, the Phase 3 was sometimes known as a bipedal tank, with its amalgam of a clone's creativity, unpredictability and initiative combined with resilience and heavy firepower of a heavy droid. The exhoskeleton provided the wearer with increased durability, firepower and strength it coming equipped with a handheld assault cannon and two shoulder mounted missile launchers. They were issued frag grenades, thermal detonators and concussion grenades, their armor was made of the nearly indestructible phrik metal.

Some were also equipped with integrated weapons, including a pair of dual blaster cannons and 6 PLEX rocket tubes under the shoulder plates 3 per shoulder.

Shadow Stormtroopers= Elite Stormtroopers with black stormtrooper experimental cloaking armor which aloud them to disappear within any environment. They used this technology, to surround the enemy before they even had time to mount a defense, the armor was also laced with durasteel fibers which made them more resistant to energy and physical attacks. These were successors to the clone shadow trooper from the Clone Wars.

Storm Commandos= Expert in guerrilla tactics and countering them, they were also involved in siege breaking, sabotage, and even Base Zero Delta operations against hard targets(complete destruction basically). Their armor was black scout armor, though reinforced with reflec which deflected light and sensor energy which made them invisible to all but the most determined of scans. The armor also included a sound dampener, numerous concesled weapons, and a thermal detonator that a commando could use if faced with capture.

They were also sometimes known to use Evasive-226-R field disruptors, which were advanced versions in disrupting defensive energy fields. Their main weapon was the E-11 rifle, but they also have used the Oppressor flame thrower and the Imperial long-range rocket rifle.

Stormtrooper Commander= Descendants of the ARC trooper during the Clone Wars, the commanders were treated as a special forces unit and the most elite warriors in the military. Their commitment to the Empire was so great, they would fight no matter the condition until death. Their armor had a built-in shield generator, which protected them from just about any attack including some Force based attacks, they were also armed with handheld blaster cannons equipped also with a powerful stun setting.

Emperor Shadow Guard= Silent and enigmatic warriors who took orders only from Palpatine himself, they were often sent to eliminate suspected jedi and other Force Users. They also demonstrated Force Powers of their own, capable of using Force lightning, Force Repulse, Force Choke and Force Maelstrom, though they were so strong in the Force. Their armor provided them a great deal of protection, and their primary weapon was the lightsaber pike but they did also have a heavy blaster pistol and a utility belt with a medpac, comlink(long range and holo capacity.)

Imperial Sovereign Protector= These were among the most elite in the guardsmen, only the best of the best were chosen. Extreme standards were set for combat fitness, stamina, strength, mental acuity, reaction time, loyalty and intelligence. They also received rudimentary training in using The Force, although not enough to stroke independence or ambition, the most exceptional were trained as Dark Jedi.
========

So really...what are the Sith Empire's Special Forces? You keep saying that they have SF MasterMe, and they do...but how do they stack up against those?
Excellent post Wolf, I didn't know half of that, very informative.

Edit: 100th poster. :P

Wolfninjajedi
12.15.2012 , 05:26 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post

Huh, that was the 100th post..neat. But which half?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
12.15.2012 , 05:29 PM | #103
Theres also Shadow Stormtroopers, Storm Commandos, Terror Troopers, Storm Commanders(which were the equivalent to the ARC Commandos of the Clone Wars). MasterMe, you keep saying Vitiate has SF and while the SE has SF there is no detail of what those SF consist of. Lets take a look at a few of the GE's SF.
===========

Phase Zero Dark Trooper= Aged clone vets who have had their body parts replaced with cybernetics(some over 70% of their body) , with their experience plus their bodies they were deadly and effective. They carried Blast Cannons, SE-14r light repeating blasters and thermal detonators, also having a jump pack to move much more quickly.

Phase 2 Dark Trooper= Droid with reinforced phrik body, jump pack, an assault cannon capable of firing 400 plasma rounds and 20 missiles before reloading, it also had a deflector shield. A small number of these destroyed a Rebel base on Talay.

Phase 3 Dark Trooper= Dwarfing the Phase 2, the Phase 3 was sometimes known as a bipedal tank, with its amalgam of a clone's creativity, unpredictability and initiative combined with resilience and heavy firepower of a heavy droid. The exhoskeleton provided the wearer with increased durability, firepower and strength it coming equipped with a handheld assault cannon and two shoulder mounted missile launchers. They were issued frag grenades, thermal detonators and concussion grenades, their armor was made of the nearly indestructible phrik metal.

Some were also equipped with integrated weapons, including a pair of dual blaster cannons and 6 PLEX rocket tubes under the shoulder plates 3 per shoulder.

Shadow Stormtroopers= Elite Stormtroopers with black stormtrooper experimental cloaking armor which aloud them to disappear within any environment. They used this technology, to surround the enemy before they even had time to mount a defense, the armor was also laced with durasteel fibers which made them more resistant to energy and physical attacks. These were successors to the clone shadow trooper from the Clone Wars.

Storm Commandos= Expert in guerrilla tactics and countering them, they were also involved in siege breaking, sabotage, and even Base Zero Delta operations against hard targets(complete destruction basically). Their armor was black scout armor, though reinforced with reflec which deflected light and sensor energy which made them invisible to all but the most determined of scans. The armor also included a sound dampener, numerous concesled weapons, and a thermal detonator that a commando could use if faced with capture.

They were also sometimes known to use Evasive-226-R field disruptors, which were advanced versions in disrupting defensive energy fields. Their main weapon was the E-11 rifle, but they also have used the Oppressor flame thrower and the Imperial long-range rocket rifle.

Stormtrooper Commander= Descendants of the ARC trooper during the Clone Wars, the commanders were treated as a special forces unit and the most elite warriors in the military. Their commitment to the Empire was so great, they would fight no matter the condition until death. Their armor had a built-in shield generator, which protected them from just about any attack including some Force based attacks, they were also armed with handheld blaster cannons equipped also with a powerful stun setting.

Emperor Shadow Guard= Silent and enigmatic warriors who took orders only from Palpatine himself, they were often sent to eliminate suspected jedi and other Force Users. They also demonstrated Force Powers of their own, capable of using Force lightning, Force Repulse, Force Choke and Force Maelstrom, though they were so strong in the Force. Their armor provided them a great deal of protection, and their primary weapon was the lightsaber pike but they did also have a heavy blaster pistol and a utility belt with a medpac, comlink(long range and holo capacity.)

Imperial Sovereign Protector= These were among the most elite in the guardsmen, only the best of the best were chosen. Extreme standards were set for combat fitness, stamina, strength, mental acuity, reaction time, loyalty and intelligence. They also received rudimentary training in using The Force, although not enough to stroke independence or ambition, the most exceptional were trained as Dark Jedi.
========

So really...what are the Sith Empire's Special Forces? You keep saying that they have SF MasterMe, and they do...but how do they stack up against those?
Its a mystery why the Empire didn't use these against those pesky Ewoks

But seriously, very interesting. You seem to be pretty knowledgeable on this subject - but what about numbers? No doubt any of these SF could rival Sith, especially in numbers. But do they have the numbers to tackle every Sith in the Empire? Cause lets face it your average Stormtrooper is going to be nothing short of bantha fodder for the Sith.
At a minimum there were 30 Super Star Destroyers, at the height of Imperial power, they would undeniably change the course of any battle, especially if it is the Executor with Death Squadron.

Also the Ravager was deemed basically unusable because you yourself stated because Nihilus wasn't a part of the Revan vs Traya a battle, then it doesn't have the same effectiveness as if Nihilus was commanding it, I think it is only fair the same applies here.
Your correct here, I must admit. But even without Karrid its still a formidable weapon - and its perfectly plausible to say another Sith could pilot it, so I don't think this decreases its abilities very much.

Rayla_Felana
12.15.2012 , 05:32 PM | #104
Huh, that was the 100th post..neat. But which half?
I knew about basic Dark Troopers and the Stormtrooper commanders, also about the elite guard, even stuff like how a lot of the guard were the best of the best of Mandalorian mercenaries and stuff, but nothing else.

Rayla_Felana
12.15.2012 , 05:34 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Your correct here, I must admit. But even without Karrid its still a formidable weapon - and its perfectly plausible to say another Sith could pilot it, so I don't think this decreases its abilities very much.
I think it does lose the knowledge and experience that Karrid had commanding it, at least IMO.

Aurbere
12.15.2012 , 05:38 PM | #106

I agree. I only knew of the Dark Troopers, some commando units and the Shadow Guard and Sovereign Protectors. In my opinion, the SE is just completely outmatched. Sure the Sith will be able to do some good, but the guys Wolf mentioned will turn the tide.

Didn't even notice how quickly the post count was going. Usually only see this on a Revan thread lol.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Aurbere
12.15.2012 , 05:45 PM | #107

But seriously, very interesting. You seem to be pretty knowledgeable on this subject - but what about numbers? No doubt any of these SF could rival Sith, especially in numbers. But do they have the numbers to tackle every Sith in the Empire? Cause lets face it your average Stormtrooper is going to be nothing short of bantha fodder for the Sith.
Arrogance on the Emperor's part perhaps?

In this case, numbers aren't everything. Look at the Phase 3 Dark Trooper. Those things are walking tanks. I have no doubt just one of those could take out quite a few Sith. I'm sure the Sith's precognitive abilities will help in dealing with the Shadow Troopers, but would it do so in the heat of battle? We could see an Order 66-esque deal with the Shadow Troopers involved.

As for Karrid. I think the ship's capabilities might be decreased, but not too badly. I'm thinking the Executor and sheer number of SSD's and Battlecruisers (Praetor and such) would be more than enough to overwhelm the Spear and the SE fleet.
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Wolfninjajedi
12.15.2012 , 05:52 PM | #108

It was just a strikeforce on Endor, and the Emperor sent his best legion there. But anyway to your question, the numbers they are never really specified. The Dark Phase 3 were only created in small numbers, though only due to cause Kyle Katarn shut it down...and seeing as these two factions are at full power they could just crank out a lot of Dark Phase 3 troopers.

A unit of Storm Commandos could go from 4 to 40 in strength, so take that as you will. All in all, the numbers are never really specified but seeing as both sides are at full strength and no outside involvement(meaning the Alliance never existed) then they could proceed with their Dark Trooper program. The Imperial Guard, could also do some damage too there are some notable members that have done some crazy things.

IE: Kir Kanos and Carnor Jax as examples of an Imperial Guardsmen/Soveregin Protector
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
12.15.2012 , 06:21 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
As for Karrid. I think the ship's capabilities might be decreased, but not too badly. I'm thinking the Executor and sheer number of SSD's and Battlecruisers (Praetor and such) would be more than enough to overwhelm the Spear and the SE fleet.
I would be so sure. The Executor is massive compared to the Ascendant Spear which is around the same size as a Star Destroyer. And with over 5,000 turbolasers the Spear is kinda outgunned... However, the Spear has a huge advantage in terms of maneuverability. The Spear had a class 0.5 hyper-drive with 0 being the fastest and 6 being the slowest. While the Executor had a standard Class 2 and was a lot bigger anyway which would further impede its movement - basically its gonna be stock still in any fight. So that Spear can literally run rings around the Executor. (Consider this, the Spear has the same hyperdrive as the Millenium Falcon which made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parasecs ) It could easily dodge and avoid the Executor's attacks while making precise and hard hitting attacks like in the Battle of Endor and take down the Executor's shields - then all it takes is one blast at the command tower to take that thing down.

However the Spear would probably have the whole of Death Squadron to contend with... however 1v1 the Star Destroyers don't stand a chance, or any other ships. So all it takes is a bunch of Harrowers to keep them busy and the Spear can literally cleave its way to the Executor. But that's just my opinion.

Aurbere
12.15.2012 , 06:29 PM | #110
I would be so sure. The Executor is massive compared to the Ascendant Spear which is around the same size as a Star Destroyer. And with over 5,000 turbolasers the Spear is kinda outgunned... However, the Spear has a huge advantage in terms of maneuverability. The Spear had a class 0.5 hyper-drive with 0 being the fastest and 6 being the slowest. While the Executor had a standard Class 2 and was a lot bigger anyway which would further impede its movement - basically its gonna be stock still in any fight. So that Spear can literally run rings around the Executor. (Consider this, the Spear has the same hyperdrive as the Millenium Falcon which made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parasecs ) It could easily dodge and avoid the Executor's attacks while making precise and hard hitting attacks like in the Battle of Endor and take down the Executor's shields - then all it takes is one blast at the command tower to take that thing down.

However the Spear would probably have the whole of Death Squadron to contend with... however 1v1 the Star Destroyers don't stand a chance, or any other ships. So all it takes is a bunch of Harrowers to keep them busy and the Spear can literally cleave its way to the Executor. But that's just my opinion.
Tractor Beam? It might be able to maneuver away from the tractor beams, but the Executor and other Star Destroyers have quite a few tractor beams. And the Spear is bigger than the Falcon so it won't be as maneuverable as the Falcon.

It may be able to do some damage, but Death Squadron would handle the Spear just fine, imo.