Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My One Quarrel With Ancient Hypergate

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
My One Quarrel With Ancient Hypergate

cashogy
12.13.2012 , 01:52 AM | #21
the game engine can barely handle 8v8 combat. lets not get our hopes up for large group sizes in warzones
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Rincewend
12.13.2012 , 01:55 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
the game engine can barely handle 8v8 combat. lets not get our hopes up for large group sizes in warzones
^^ This is it, how many are still suffering lag spikes? CTD and FPS drops and that's on 8v8. What do you think would happen on 16v16? I would love to see bigger matches or even WZ balance by having a que system like SM OP and HM FP, only so many DPS, tanks go in so we do not get a stack of smashmonekys or bubble stuns.

GrandMike
12.13.2012 , 03:37 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DaedalusV View Post
You may be right.
It would be enjoyable with more diversity in numbers of opponents in some WZs, maybe *gasp* Bioware is planning something good with the direction they take PvP!

protip - not likely
They do plan - with less players like 3v3 or 4v4

More players - when they fix the engine, so pretty much - never.

ArchangelLBC
12.13.2012 , 03:52 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
This is the best WZ in my opinion:

1. it forces folks to do the objectives and punishes folks for death matching like in most other wz's
2. its anti AFK, you just cant take a node and sit there indef during the match.
3. it is much bigger which tends to be anti gank.
4. in my opinion and its just my opinion, it seems much harder for premades to steam roll pugs in that wz, premades need gang related kills and a mob mentality to function, due to the large size of AHG WZ its much harder for them to do that.

BW if you keep making more WZ's like this one you will certainly keep my sub. just tone down the CC's and fix the premade issue rolling pugs and add a cross server pvp que and most pvpers will be happy... well mostly happy / complain a tad less lol.
Fair enough on 4 being your opinion, but I tend to disagree. Right after the explosion is exactly when a team using good communication (hi2u voicechat) is going to be the difference between victory and defeat.

The more I play it, the more I like it.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

criminalheretic
12.15.2012 , 05:37 PM | #25
I don't play any stealth classes, so I was curious, if you are carrying one of the little energy orbs, can you stealth back to your pylon? Or is it like Huttball? I'll try force camo on my Sent, but frankly I think I've only had the WZ like 3x in the last 3 days.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

Blasphemerr
12.15.2012 , 05:52 PM | #26
... AH is the biggest deathmatch-map to-date. LawlerZerg the middle, click those sparkly things & defend your one side. Stealth bomb enemy side if you're daring.
Something pretentious.

Blasphemerr
12.15.2012 , 05:53 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
I don't play any stealth classes, so I was curious, if you are carrying one of the little energy orbs, can you stealth back to your pylon? Or is it like Huttball? I'll try force camo on my Sent, but frankly I think I've only had the WZ like 3x in the last 3 days.
The 'little energy orbs' disappear on stealth.
Something pretentious.

Hadyn
12.15.2012 , 08:24 PM | #28
The issue of why this is so frustrating is because everyone's still learning the strategy. I can't tell you how many times I've seen the opposing team leave their node undefended because they thought they were supposed to lolzerg the middle at the expense of everything else.

In the meantime I've witnessed some facepalm moments on my own team with undefended nodes and people racing past ball carriers to get into the middle.

Some people just get it faster than others. All you have to do is talk people through it for a week or so. There's a lot of rage chatters out there in PvP who whine and moan, this just happens to be the one good reason and week or so to have them.
Hadyn Gabriel - Bounty Hunter
Haylea Gabriel - Blue Sniper