Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nightmare Kephess, a Guide

Denchet
12.15.2012 , 04:08 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaqen View Post
The area you were referencing to earlier, isnt behind the walker, isnt in a corner of the room; but is in the middle of the area where the second saturation fire lands. It is an exploit in my eyes based off the fact there isnt a plausible reason why you would be safe in that spot. I have come across that spot on a few occasions in the past, when i was slacking and standing in fire, and felt that it was odd that i didnt get hit.

Line of sighting the Gift of the Masters, isnt much of an exploit, based on the fact that doing so usually gimps the raid dps in some sort and actually making the enrage a little bit tighter. You're trading a situation where more healing will be needed with a situation where more dps isnt needed.

EDIT: Found a video of what i consider to be an exploit in this fight. You can see a decent example of it at 2:27
I haven't seen anyone in this thread refer to that area. I didn't even know it existed. Its hard to see it in the video you posted because they cut to someone else right at 2:27.

It looks like he is firing cone 3 there (the middle one) and they are just on the edge. I think this is a case of the graphic being larger than the actual effect.

Chaqen
12.15.2012 , 04:23 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Denchet View Post
I haven't seen anyone in this thread refer to that area. I didn't even know it existed. Its hard to see it in the video you posted because they cut to someone else right at 2:27.

It looks like he is firing cone 3 there (the middle one) and they are just on the edge. I think this is a case of the graphic being larger than the actual effect.
I wasnt calling you out, and sorry if you felt like i was. My original post talking about the said exploit was in response to:
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
There is a few safespots that range DPS and healers can stand so they dont get hit by it, try out difference positions to see if you can find it and then use it during the entire fight. We normally have me (shadow/assassin) and a DPS (senti/mara) on the droid just in front of the walker, that area will be hit by the AoE and when it come my DPS just pops guarded by the force/undying rage and I pop force shroud/resilience and it gives our healers no problem at all.
I do think what is going on is that the graphic is larger then the actual effect (which is somewhat opposite of all of the other cones), and i call it an exploit because if you were standing there without prior knowledge you would be expecting to be hit.
-La'Mis Legacy- Proud Member of Hatred and PUGS

Biskibis-Operative -- Kemenotic-Marauder -- Chaqen-Darksin -- Wallabe-Sniper -- Belsapher-Mercenary

Denchet
12.15.2012 , 04:29 PM | #23
I wasnt calling you out, and sorry if you felt like i was. My original post talking about the said exploit was in response to:
I do think what is going on is that the graphic is larger then the actual effect (which is somewhat opposite of all of the other cones), and i call it an exploit because if you were standing there without prior knowledge you would be expecting to be hit.
No worries.

I think that guy was referring to the various spots around the edges of the field where people can stand. I could be wrong though. Even still, there are so many effects in the game where the graphic doesn't match up that I would have a hard time calling it an exploit. Sometimes they work in your favor (like this one), but usually they work against you (like the red circles where Kephess lands). To each their own, I guess.

Darth_Dreselus
12.15.2012 , 11:49 PM | #24
It almost feels like I'm in a different fight as we always have the Trenchcutters aggro on the healers after a few seconds of spawn tank aggro (even through after guarding them just to make the switch slower) and never the Warriors. Obviously the healer just explodes if the trenchies aren't AoE taunted in time and we are pretty much ****ed on the last group.

Another thing I have noticed is that the walkers skips a phase of saturation fire when downed. I.e. If it was shooting right (his right so away from the entrance) then goes down he will shoot mid after he goes back up rather than diagonally between right and mid, anybody else seen this?
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

Denchet
12.16.2012 , 12:34 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Dreselus View Post
It almost feels like I'm in a different fight as we always have the Trenchcutters aggro on the healers after a few seconds of spawn tank aggro (even through after guarding them just to make the switch slower) and never the Warriors. Obviously the healer just explodes if the trenchies aren't AoE taunted in time and we are pretty much ****ed on the last group.

Another thing I have noticed is that the walkers skips a phase of saturation fire when downed. I.e. If it was shooting right (his right so away from the entrance) then goes down he will shoot mid after he goes back up rather than diagonally between right and mid, anybody else seen this?
Whats happening here is the walker is just barely beginning to start shooting cone 4 (the middle right one, as you call it) as he is getting knocked down. If he starts casting this at all it means he will use cone 3 (the middle one) next after he gets up. Beating the calibration droid phase slightly faster should make it so he does NOT start cone 4 before he gets downed, and will make him use cone 4 after he gets back up. You just need to squeeze out a bit more damage on the droid phase.

As for the Trenchcutters I don't know what to tell you. They always run right for me and ignore the healers, and we don't have the healers guarded. Back before we switched to this strat we tried to have DPS single target the warriors down, then kill the Trenchcutters. Doing this caused me to lose threat on the trenchcutters because it took too long for me to be able to attack them. Using the behind the walker, tank guarding other tank strat we don't have this problem though.

Ansalem
12.16.2012 , 01:30 AM | #26
trenchers automatically pop with double aggro on tanks. Helps for them to pick up the trenchers and seperate from the warriors. This phase is easy peasy if you just have your melee dps burning warriors while the trenchers run to the tanks and your ranged aoe them down.

rphebus
12.16.2012 , 07:00 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
trenchers automatically pop with double aggro on tanks. Helps for them to pick up the trenchers and seperate from the warriors. This phase is easy peasy if you just have your melee dps burning warriors while the trenchers run to the tanks and your ranged aoe them down.
Heres some numbers for those wondering: Tanks get 200 threat each when warriors and trenchcutters first spawn each time. So the first group always comes to tanks since there isnt anything else going on. As you get into group 2 and 3 though, they are spawning while healers are pumping out pretty decent hps, so thats when you see them breaking off for healers after a few seconds. And just to clarify if people dont know, healing threat is [(total healing done*.5)/number of active targets]. Talent multipliers can alter the .5 depending on how many points they have in it.

Quote:
23:14:09.999 Maeday gains 200 threat on Trandoshan Trenchcutter.
23:14:10.000 Maeday gains 200 threat on Trandoshan Warrior.
23:14:10.002 Maeday gains 200 threat on Trandoshan Trenchcutter.
23:14:10.003 Maeday gains 200 threat on Trandoshan Trenchcutter.
23:14:10.054 Maeday gains 200 threat on Trandoshan Trenchcutter.
23:14:10.056 Maeday gains 200 threat on Trandoshan Warrior.
23:14:10.057 Maeday gains 200 threat on Trandoshan Trenchcutter.
<Suckafish> Guild Site
Suckafish Youtube Channel
Phebus Sorc Healer Maeday PT Tank
Khabal Jugg Tank Teknowhor Merc DPS

RikuvonDrake
12.16.2012 , 08:17 AM | #28
The area you were referencing to earlier, isnt behind the walker, isnt in a corner of the room; but is in the middle of the area where the second saturation fire lands. It is an exploit in my eyes based off the fact there isnt a plausible reason why you would be safe in that spot. I have come across that spot on a few occasions in the past, when i was slacking and standing in fire, and felt that it was odd that i didnt get hit.
That is not correct, the spot I am referring to is in between the first two saturation fires, if you think of both areas that are hit as two circles, then the spot is just behind those two circles. If you look at the fire on the ground were the saturation fire hits you are able to see a lot of these spots.

I made a very very bad picture in paint to illustrate what I meant: http://i.imm.io/PkkF.jpeg
Dread Master - Deposer of The Dread Masters - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Riku - Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rikache - Rikachacha - Rikache
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Ansalem
12.16.2012 , 10:51 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by rphebus View Post
Heres some numbers for those wondering: Tanks get 200 threat each when warriors and trenchcutters first spawn each time. So the first group always comes to tanks since there isnt anything else going on. As you get into group 2 and 3 though, they are spawning while healers are pumping out pretty decent hps, so thats when you see them breaking off for healers after a few seconds. And just to clarify if people dont know, healing threat is [(total healing done*.5)/number of active targets]. Talent multipliers can alter the .5 depending on how many points they have in it.
havent had a problem with groups 2 or 3 of that phase in the fight. The mobs are dead before the next group spawns so no massive heals being tossed around and the mobs run straight to our tanks everytime.

Denchet
12.16.2012 , 04:29 PM | #30
Quote:
23:14:09.999 Maeday gains 200 threat on Trandoshan Trenchcutter.
23:14:10.000 Maeday gains 200 threat on Trandoshan Warrior.
23:14:10.002 Maeday gains 200 threat on Trandoshan Trenchcutter.
23:14:10.003 Maeday gains 200 threat on Trandoshan Trenchcutter.
23:14:10.054 Maeday gains 200 threat on Trandoshan Trenchcutter.
23:14:10.056 Maeday gains 200 threat on Trandoshan Warrior.
23:14:10.057 Maeday gains 200 threat on Trandoshan Trenchcutter.
I know they all spawn with the same threat on tanks and healers (200 and 100), but for some reason it seems like the Warriors and Trenchcutters build threat differently. They always will all start out running towards me (tank), but the Warriors quickly get aggroed by the healers and the Trenchcutters do not. They keep running right at me.