Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

In pvp what are you putting out guys?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Sorcerer
In pvp what are you putting out guys?

Vladnar
12.13.2012 , 01:34 AM | #1
Can you heal for over 500k?

Can you damage for over 350k?

However much i play around, and without using aoes which i feel is more of a pve tactic so im more focussed where needed, i can hit 420k healing as a max and about 280k damage but im sure we should be able to reach the numbers above.

Are you and are you having to use aoe to do this? Can you share your tactics with fellow sorcs?

....or do we just need that extra little tweaking to get us up there.

Im full War Hero by the way, so it may well just be me too old and slow.

Vlad
The time of the Empire is now truly upon us

Eldriq
12.13.2012 , 05:01 PM | #2
I dps so I will only comment on that. I do reach over 350 frequently but almost always when I have a healer in group who is decent. Up time is the most important thing for dps with the sorcerer you are very unbursty so you need to stay up to see the good numbers.

1: I use AOE for insta kills keep your eyes out for anyone under 25 percent health then drop it on them.
2: If you can get in a group with a healer and make friends.
3: Move constantly do not stay in one spot and turret look for new positions.
4: Stay away on the fringes you are long range and need to use it "I have problems with this".
5: When focused run to your team they may peel or even focus fire your attackers for you. Do not run to the open space you will be followed and killed.

After that it gets spec specific what are you running?
El'drik - Sorcerer- War Hero - Harbinger Server Care Bear/White Knight
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. Friedrich Nietzsche

AdmiralParmesan
12.13.2012 , 06:46 PM | #3
The amount varies depending on the length of the match and the skill of who is being fought. Assuming I am fighting average players on longer match I average around 550k to 660k healing in the bubble corr/lightning hybrid, around 550k damage in full madness, 590k damage in hybrid (lightning/madness). Lightning in pvp varies alot, yesterday I hit 760k damage in full lightning on voidstar, but alot of its capability depends on multiple targets being nearby and if said targets live long enough for you to set up your burst. On average I say I usually hit around 450k damage in full lightning.

The tactics you use to hit high numbers vary based on the spec you are playing. In the bubble stun hybrid I heal mostly just by keeping bubbles up on everyone, and then using resurgence + innervate for burst healing as needed.

In the hybrid dpsI usually dot up several targets with affliction to maximize my chances at getting lightning barrage. You can use lightning barrage as an easy way to get extra wrath procs quickly while crushing darkness is on cooldown. While not technically a dps increase it gives you a chance at getting lightning storm proc. Using force strom on grouped up enemies is another "decent" way to get instant chain lightning. Combining Instant chain lightning and deathfeild gives us decent aoe pressure and burst.

I can give more specific information reguarding all the specs if need be
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

Washingtoon
12.14.2012 , 05:57 PM | #4
The numbers are not that important to me because it seems like the numbers on my main server are significally lower than on many other servers. That's atleast the impression I get from reading other peoples' post. I used to never be outside top 2 (was only not #1 on 5 occassions in my first 60 valors on sage) but ever since we got the hard stun on our bubbles I've played the objective more, as in solo guarding or single handedly occupied three enemies on their node, and that has brought down my dps a little. In a full lenght game I'm usually +400K damage (again, thats probably top 2 so compared to the rest of the players it's good) or +500K healing. Then there are games where I will dps all game and beat the second best with 300K, still not getting those huge numbers . Also, I'm always pugging, I do better with a supportive team around me.

It wasnt long ago that I did 600K damage in BH and 300K (2nd best in game) in a full set of greens that I bought for fun on gtn.

From what I've heard from others on my main server there's not a big difference in quality compared to for instance POT5 so I don't know why I dont see those big numbers more often. I know that some of the top rated players will reach 1 million, in rateds, every now and then but you can't compare that to a normal warzone. They have 7 good players around them, including healers, and in a stalemate they'll spend the majority of the game zerging one node.

tl:dr- Compare yourself to the people that are playing the same AC and spec as yourself instead of looking at the numbers.

Also, I'm foremost a single target player. I will stick to one guy and I rarely spread my dots thin. Infact, if it hadnt been for the fact that I have recklessness macroed to affliction (I figured that affliction is never a waste and it's a cheap ability) I'd probably never use affliction. Regardless of what other classes claim there's no way of "spamming" mind crush, due to the cd and how no sane person uses it off wrath, so I dont know where the whole "dot spamming" saying comes from. I'm also frequently using lightning strike, wrath pops quite frequently so I figure that it will probably proc again before MC is off CD.

fungihoujo
12.14.2012 , 10:43 PM | #5
Numbers mean little- what's more important is how useful you are in protecting/capping objectives, which is hard to quantify since objective points aren't given for a lot of very useful things.

Overall- objectives wise, I do quite well, mostly due to the stun bubble, in offense and defense- though am ineffective in stopping ball carriers.

Without the stun bubble/once nerfed, I can still defend nodes but on offense I would be useless compared to my PT and marauder.

Numbers-wise... I generally end with 200k healing, 100k damage- however, on my server that's pretty high- it's unusual to have players with over 350k damage or healing- and it's almost unheard of to have both in a match, and maybe every 10 games one player passes 500k.

fungihoujo
12.14.2012 , 10:45 PM | #6
If I ignored objectives and was playing a bad team that let me free cast- I could easily break 500k healing or 350k damage- but that would be playing poorly and against a team that allows me to get off those numbers.

Hairyzac
12.15.2012 , 10:39 AM | #7
The more challenging the game, the more numbers I push out. Not sure why it would be in reverse for you. When playing a team of bads, you don't need to heal or damage for nearly as much because your team is not taking much damage and your opponent is dying off very quickly. The matches are usually quick as well.

fungihoujo
12.15.2012 , 09:00 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Hairyzac View Post
The more challenging the game, the more numbers I push out. Not sure why it would be in reverse for you. When playing a team of bads, you don't need to heal or damage for nearly as much because your team is not taking much damage and your opponent is dying off very quickly. The matches are usually quick as well.
Good players know to focus fire, know how to dogged pursuit you, keep you stunned and interrupted. Bad players can still do plenty of damage- they just don't bother trying to stop a healer.

Vladnar
12.16.2012 , 01:49 AM | #9
Ive lately found matches aren't terribly even which i suppose stops me pushing out the numbers id like to see, if im at all worried about this kinda thing, don't get me wrong its doing the right thing in the right situation and having these things matter that interests me more. Thing is if youre team aren't being damaged cos they are too good and taking players down too quick OR poor and getting mashed real fast plus youre being stunned out by being pack hunted as a healer, as is right i guess, then either leads to lower figures.....but thanks guys for the good info.
The time of the Empire is now truly upon us

Hairyzac
12.16.2012 , 09:28 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
Good players know to focus fire, know how to dogged pursuit you, keep you stunned and interrupted. Bad players can still do plenty of damage- they just don't bother trying to stop a healer.
I understand how you are trying to logically show me your thought process, but it still doesn't make sense really. I guess if you are strictly a dps sorc, and you have absolutely no support from a single person on your team, and you are constantly being focused and not a single person is helping you in any way...then your numbers will suck. That is understandable and makes sense.

As a corruption hybrid though, my healing skyrockets when myself and teammates are being focused hard and properly. I'm taking way more damage and so are my teammates. I have to heal for a lot more, and even help with assisting on damage when playing a challenging game.

Something to think about is when I am being focused really hard, I always heal for a lot more because I have extra healing on myself from talents. I'm also constantly healing every second of the game if I am being focused religiously. Also good games last a lot longer than quick wins against bad players.

In a non-challenging game I will heal for 150-300k because there isn't much to be done. But in a challenging game I usually heal for 400-700k and do 75-125k damage.