Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch Client stuck

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OwenBrooks
12.15.2012 , 12:02 AM | #71
DxDiag's are designed to give an overview of your system's configuration, this will enable to analyze your computer.
1.Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time.
2.Type in ‘DxDiag’ and press ‘OK’.
3.This will open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool box.
4.At the bottom of the box is a ‘Save All information’ button. Press it.
5.This will open a ‘Save As’ box. Please ensure the text file is named ‘DxDiag’.
6.Save this to your desktop.
7.Open the saved file, hit Ctrl+A (select all), and then Ctrl+C (copy).
8.Paste that information at the bottom of your post. Please use code or spoiler tags. If you don’t use these then your DXDiag will fill up the page making it hard to navigate your thread.

Menis_SC
12.15.2012 , 12:07 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
DxDiag's are designed to give an overview of your system's configuration, this will enable to analyze your computer.
1.Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time.
2.Type in ‘DxDiag’ and press ‘OK’.
3.This will open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool box.
4.At the bottom of the box is a ‘Save All information’ button. Press it.
5.This will open a ‘Save As’ box. Please ensure the text file is named ‘DxDiag’.
6.Save this to your desktop.
7.Open the saved file, hit Ctrl+A (select all), and then Ctrl+C (copy).
8.Paste that information at the bottom of your post. Please use code or spoiler tags. If you don’t use these then your DXDiag will fill up the page making it hard to navigate your thread.
Was referring to how to post the DXDiag.txt to the post, but I figured it out. Please check my post again for it.

OwenBrooks
12.15.2012 , 12:11 AM | #73
Ok lets see what happens when you re-install the game, if it fails post up your launcher log.
Only suggestion I have at this point without know what motherboard you have is check the manufacturers website and have the latest bios and chipset drivers installed.

Menis_SC
12.15.2012 , 02:19 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Ok lets see what happens when you re-install the game, if it fails post up your launcher log.
Only suggestion I have at this point without know what motherboard you have is check the manufacturers website and have the latest bios and chipset drivers installed.
I'm in shock... after 4 days it finally updated without a stall / error and I was finally able to get back in the game!

Not a clue as to how it worked but I'm not complaining!

Thanks for your attempts to assist, it was much appreciated!

OwenBrooks
12.15.2012 , 02:24 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Menis_SC View Post
I'm in shock... after 4 days it finally updated without a stall / error and I was finally able to get back in the game!

Great to hear you are back in the game

Praxeum
12.15.2012 , 11:42 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Menis_SC View Post

Me too! Thank you for your help Owen. Awesome you took the time to respond.

For those still having issues, the method I used was a complete uninstall, re-install, go to safe-mode, get updates/patch. Took me twice. On previous attempts, I had done a chkdsk and uninstalled curse client, but those didn't have effect on the failed patch attempts. There was something screwy with this patch with so many faults going on.
CE VIP - 7/21/11 1:33 AM
I was there 12/4/11 11:59 PM CST - Boots n' Belts