Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Launcher Issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vanceh
12.14.2012 , 06:25 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ExarKunxx View Post
This makes day 4 of No Swtor
We're in the same boat. It sucks.

ExarKunxx
12.14.2012 , 09:31 PM | #12
bump.

OwenBrooks
12.14.2012 , 10:00 PM | #13
bump.
Can you post up your dxdiag so have an idea of your hardware and OS and can you tell me how you are connected to the net. thx

ExarKunxx
12.14.2012 , 10:18 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Can you post up your dxdiag so have an idea of your hardware and OS and can you tell me how you are connected to the net. thx
Spoiler

I'm also trying to install via the game discs then patch, i'll see how that works out.

OwenBrooks
12.14.2012 , 10:25 PM | #15
Spoiler

I'm also trying to install via the game discs then patch, i'll see how that works out.
If installing by disk do not use the launcher included on the disk after install, redownload the latest from swtor.
I sent you a private message as well

OwenBrooks
12.14.2012 , 10:29 PM | #16
was this done in safe mode ?

The dxdiag has no video drivers installed and sound is disabled

ExarKunxx
12.14.2012 , 10:49 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
was this done in safe mode ?

The dxdiag has no video drivers installed and sound is disabled
Yes I did this in safe mode, sorry, in still in it from trying to patch. What's the deal with updating with tr one from the website first? I'd rather just have it patch from the original disk and see how it goes. If this doesn't work ill respond to your pm

Vanceh
12.15.2012 , 07:39 AM | #18
Yes I did this in safe mode, sorry, in still in it from trying to patch. What's the deal with updating with tr one from the website first? I'd rather just have it patch from the original disk and see how it goes. If this doesn't work ill respond to your pm
I've tried installing from CDs. You will be able to install all gamedata but then you'll have to repair like 60 files(which takes a looooong time) and after all that trouble the installer will be stuck installing the first patch.

OwenBrooks
12.15.2012 , 07:55 AM | #19
I do know the launcher on the website is a newer version then the one on the disks.
Not sure if that will make a difference or not with your patching issue, i belive the issue with the disk version had to do with displaying the eula screens.

Praxeum
12.15.2012 , 11:27 AM | #20
I ended up (with Owen being a bigger help, than non-existent support mind you) uninstalling completely, re-installing from disk and then applying patch in safe-mode. The second time it finally took (I cheered once I hit 50%), but I don't think I was applying the patch in safe-mode after the re-install the first time.

So uninstall completely, re-install but don't patch, then go to safe-mode and start patch. I had done a chkdsk as part of the first failed re-install, who knows if that helped.
CE VIP - 7/21/11 1:33 AM
I was there 12/4/11 11:59 PM CST - Boots n' Belts