Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[Biochem] Best way to make $$ as Biochem? What sells ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Biochem] Best way to make $$ as Biochem? What sells ?

POPsi's Avatar


POPsi
12.14.2012 , 04:29 AM | #11
mid-evel implants and columi implants that I make money from mostly.... and of course the cash I spare with the reusable rakata stims/medpacks.

SPrime's Avatar


SPrime
12.14.2012 , 09:21 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Andar View Post
Mission discoveries for Diplomacy and Bioanalysis lowbie mats are very inexpensive. I find myself snatching a lot of these up and crafting purple lowbie implants, most of which sell from 15-25k easily. I'll usually net around 500k a week just selling implants.

Exotechs sell nicely, but with the rapid undercutting they're often listed below market price for the materials. In this case, it is more profitable to sell the mats alone or save the stims for an opportune time to sell them.
If you find the mats yourself it is like 4-5 times cheaper than to buy. The people undercutting are the ones who can afford to due to this. I make 250k a day just on stims. People have to buy them over and over. Implants are a one time purchase. With a business model like that, you would be eaten alive on dragons den/shark tank.

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
12.14.2012 , 11:33 AM | #13
There are also world locations with grade 6 biochem materials. You could send crew missions and gather materials while queued up for a warzone or HM FP.

Andar's Avatar


Andar
12.14.2012 , 07:14 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by SPrime View Post
If you find the mats yourself it is like 4-5 times cheaper than to buy. The people undercutting are the ones who can afford to due to this. I make 250k a day just on stims. People have to buy them over and over. Implants are a one time purchase. With a business model like that, you would be eaten alive on dragons den/shark tank.

Not exactly what I was saying. If 1 stim costs a theoretical 3k in mats self gathered to craft, it is still more profitable to sell for the mat's for market price rather than the stims undercut 15-17k price.

I make plenty on lowbie implants, so perhaps it is not as unsustainable as you might think.

VigDiath's Avatar


VigDiath
12.14.2012 , 07:19 PM | #15
I sell A LOT of purple and blue quality implants on my Shadow with BioChem. Got lucky and got a Columi implant drop that can sell upwards of 85k credits each time I decide to make them. I normally only sell low level items though from level 21 - 45 implants and health packs.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

SPrime's Avatar


SPrime
12.15.2012 , 03:56 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Andar View Post
Not exactly what I was saying. If 1 stim costs a theoretical 3k in mats self gathered to craft, it is still more profitable to sell for the mat's for market price rather than the stims undercut 15-17k price.

I make plenty on lowbie implants, so perhaps it is not as unsustainable as you might think.
You get 3 stims per craft. So on the low end its 15k so 45k for 3k of mats

JamieKirby's Avatar


JamieKirby
12.17.2012 , 10:08 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SPrime View Post
Nothing reverse engineer what you make and power to level 400 as fast as you can.
This is why the market is so fubar'ed. lol

SPrime's Avatar


SPrime
12.17.2012 , 12:59 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
This is why the market is so fubar'ed. lol
Endgame crafting is where the real money is. If you say it so fubared in the lowbie crafting. Why don't you fix it?? Probably because there is no credits to be made.

FYI you can level 1-50 just by quest rewards gearing up. Go to fleet after every planet and use those comms . Lowbie crafting to me is pointless. The thread was asking best way to make money. Consumable endgame stims is where it is at for biochem.

MDR_WeedKnight's Avatar


MDR_WeedKnight
12.17.2012 , 03:14 PM | #19
i craft blackhole and Hazmat implants and sell them for 1 mil and 2 mil a piece.

wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
12.18.2012 , 06:39 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by SPrime View Post
Endgame crafting is where the real money is. If you say it so fubared in the lowbie crafting. Why don't you fix it?? Probably because there is no credits to be made.

FYI you can level 1-50 just by quest rewards gearing up. Go to fleet after every planet and use those comms . Lowbie crafting to me is pointless. The thread was asking best way to make money. Consumable endgame stims is where it is at for biochem.
If you don't craft low-mid level stuff, you won't be making money with low-mid level stuff. Just saying.

I make a lot of money with purple and blue implants.
And while I do have the exotech schematics for stims and adrenals, I only craft those for me and my alts, friends and guildies. The time and costs for them are a lot higher than for low-mid implants. For me, implants = effortless money, stims = not worth the aggravation.