Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Launcher Issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ExarKunxx
12.13.2012 , 04:48 PM | #1
When patch 1.6 came out i attempted to update my launcher as I usually do, but this time it didn't work, it would stop halfway through and say i needed to repair my launcher, so i would go and repair and that froze about a fourth of the way through. So after about 8 attempt at this i decided to uninstall my game and re-install, however, when i go to install Main Assets 1 it freezes at around 50 percent. I'm getting very frustrated.

AGuyWithABlaster
12.13.2012 , 04:50 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by ExarKunxx View Post
When patch 1.6 came out i attempted to update my launcher as I usually do, but this time it didn't work, it would stop halfway through and say i needed to repair my launcher, so i would go and repair and that froze about a fourth of the way through. So after about 8 attempt at this i decided to uninstall my game and re-install, however, when i go to install Main Assets 1 it freezes at around 50 percent. I'm getting very frustrated.
You are not alone my friend. I feel your pain. I have the same issue. To be honest, I can see this whole mess as a reason why the Doctors left the company

Beesodd
12.13.2012 , 04:52 PM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi ExarKunxx,

Can you please post up a copy of your most recent launcher log?

You can find your launcher logs at one of these default locations:

- For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs
or
- For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs

Launcher logs look like this: “launcher_112610.txt”

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

ExarKunxx
12.13.2012 , 05:18 PM | #4
Spoiler

Beesodd
12.13.2012 , 05:24 PM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks for that.

AS a preliminary step, please check that you have a copy of the setup file. I assume you do from the recent reinstall, but I want to be sure.

Please restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking, and see if it will then patch.

If it still stalls, shut down the launcher and check that it's gone from the Task Manager, then please navigate to the game directory and delete the following files:

- "Patch" folder
- "Patcher_-1toXX" or similar folders
- "assets_swtor_XXX_XXX" or similar folders (do not delete the folder named "Assets")
- "Patcher.version" file
- "Launcher.settings" file
- "Launcher.exe" file

At that point run the setup file above, and see if it patches.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

ExarKunxx
12.13.2012 , 06:56 PM | #6
I had to delete the folders and now it's patching again, this is a large patch so it will take several hours. When it finishes ill alert you if the patching worked.

CordArklighter
12.13.2012 , 07:02 PM | #7
I've been having a ton of issues with this since 1.6 as well. Just discovered my issue was FRAPS running!!

if you have Fraps, shut it down and try again.

ExarKunxx
12.13.2012 , 07:59 PM | #8
No it wasn't Fraps, I couldn't even get past the patch haha

ExarKunxx
12.14.2012 , 05:37 PM | #9
Trying the download in safe mode didn't work, neither did downloading in safe mode after deleting the files, and neither did downloading in safe mode after another complete uninstall. I just don't know what to do anymore, it always freezes while installing main assets 1.

Here's my most recent Launcher Log

Spoiler

ExarKunxx
12.14.2012 , 06:16 PM | #10
This makes day 4 of No Swtor