Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feedback request from James Ohlen - In-game events

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Feedback request from James Ohlen - In-game events

chuixupu
12.14.2012 , 04:24 PM | #421
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
Does james ohlen even work at bioware anymore ???????, if he does i think they must have locked him in a cupboard or something and that lift sound we hear is him beating to get out. Cos we aint seen a peep from him since july.
Actual last I heard from him was discussing the more frequent patch updates around the time 1.4 came out, in September. But nothing since then. http://www.darthhater.com/tag/james-ohlen
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Vandicus
12.14.2012 , 04:26 PM | #422
Well we're on a stretch of PvP right now, perhaps he deals more with the PvE and Legacy type stuff?
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Vlacke
12.14.2012 , 05:33 PM | #423
I hope that James Ohlen is still around.
Telcontar Legacy

Thehellfire
12.14.2012 , 05:36 PM | #424
Quote: Originally Posted by Vlacke View Post
I hope that James Ohlen is still around.
I heard he got canned for insisting the in game events be free to subscribers. EA thought different

johnxtreeme
12.14.2012 , 05:37 PM | #425
Well according to wikipedia, he is still with the game.

CaptianFordo
12.14.2012 , 05:41 PM | #426
To whom it may concern at BioWare/EA:

Why not do a new world event forcing Imperial players and Republic players to work together against a common enemy? The whole, 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' thing. Seeing as we have the CHISS race, why couldn't we explore another possibility...? Why not a world event that pits the Empire and Republic against the Yuuzhan Vong?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yuuzhan_Vong

If the Chiss are somehow in this game thousands of years before their peak, why not have the Yuuzhan Vong play a role in this game in the form of a massive world event?

Thehellfire
12.14.2012 , 05:46 PM | #427
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptianFordo View Post

Why not do a new world event forcing Imperial players and Republic players to work together against a common enemy? The whole, 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' thing. Seeing as we have the CHISS race, why couldn't we explore another possibility...? Why not a world event that pits the Empire and Republic against the Yuuzhan Vong?

If the Chiss are somehow in this game thousands of years before their peak, why not have the Yuuzhan Vong play a role in this game in the form of a massive world event?
Because that would break the Lucas approved timeline of when they appeared

Vlacke
12.14.2012 , 05:50 PM | #428
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptianFordo View Post

Excellent suggestion.
I'm sure Lucas wouldn't mind because, well, he's got no saying in the matter anymore.
Telcontar Legacy

johnxtreeme
12.14.2012 , 05:58 PM | #429
I hate the Yuuzhan Vong with a passion and cannot wait until this stupid "ultra-evil overlord that is way more advanced than anything else" race is purged from the canon in the new trilogy.

CaptianFordo
12.14.2012 , 06:05 PM | #430
Quote: Originally Posted by Vlacke View Post
Excellent suggestion.
I'm sure Lucas wouldn't mind because, well, he's got no saying in the matter anymore.
Thanks! I think it actually is a great idea.

Quote: Originally Posted by Thehellfire View Post
Because that would break the Lucas approved timeline of when they appeared
The Chiss are already in the game and shouldn't be here yet. Why not add them? This could be their first expeditionary force that comes to this part of the galaxy, a first legion if you will. The rest come later (in the approved time frame).

Quote: Originally Posted by johnxtreeme View Post
I hate the Yuuzhan Vong with a passion and cannot wait until this stupid "ultra-evil overlord that is way more advanced than anything else" race is purged from the canon in the new trilogy.
Why not fell them by your own hand?