Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why IMPS are so bad? (PvP)

RattyRattail
12.14.2012 , 03:39 PM | #31
For me it's seeing the same names on the PuB side consistently... IMP side I get a new team everytime I play a WZ while hardly ever getting placed with people I know. That, and it just seems the IMP side is whoefullly under-geared in all WZs, it's sad when the DPS comes into the WZ with the highest HPs... hopefully this will be rectifed with the ease of getting WH gear now with the latest patch.

Also... does it seem like no one checks the freaking mini-map in games? Or check the health bars of people guarding Nodes? I know that's how I usually respond to a side before ever even hearing the call for help in ops chat... it's so easy... but it seems none of the new pvpers have learned this yet.

Barbie, you finally went PuB eh? It's fine... my guys all re-rolled to PuB too.
Makoan Legacy (Jedi Covenant)
Javán (Sniper), Cáde (Gunslinger), Nermall (Assassin), Dhiya (Shadow)

Garmose
12.14.2012 , 04:18 PM | #32
Yeah, I agree with the idea that there just seem to be a lot more "fresh 50" like-imps playing, versus a rotation of 8-16 pubs playing. Often when I queue (either solo or with guildies) I'll end up having the rest of the 4-7 spots in my ops filled with different people every round... but I seem to go up against LD50 every other WZ.

Whenever I play a game of full solo-queue PuG 50 imps vs solo queue PuG 50 pubs, the games seem to be a lot more even. There just seem to be a lot more solo-queueing under-geared players on imp side than rep side right now.
Furbies will rule the world. Just wait.

Garmose member of HYDRA - 50 Madness Sorcerer on Jedi Covenant
Tyraeon member of Pillars of Ashla - 50 Protection Guardian on Jedi Covenant

FailFitSloop
12.14.2012 , 08:37 PM | #33
I have run into a few better imp players recently, some assasins, still not many healers, but they don't preform the way pubs do. Often seen 3-4 ld50/Bloodline etc etc.

Its no surprise that imps get rolled vs preforms so why don't imps preform?
An eye for an eye makes everyone blind.

Assasin - Flipflops

Astraios
12.15.2012 , 06:42 AM | #34
Imp has been bad for a while. Actually this week so far has been a LOT better then the past few months, Im not sure why. I actually might get both my imp weeklies in one week !

Vasyel is right though, imps don't seem to play objectives as much.

Then you also have the idiots, like the guy who told me the other day that killing healers is pointless....

CloudOfBr
12.16.2012 , 07:06 PM | #35
I started playing on my marauder after a year break and the first like 15 warzones we got wrecked. Everytime we got civil war like 5 of my teamates would just all camp snow and get defender points. Ever since then though i've made a point to communicate in the chatbox and now I feel like i'm winning more than i'm losing. Even the matches we lose are close and it's not like when i first started where the most kills on my team would be something like 5 and hutball would end at 10-0. I feel like the guys on the imp side justs don't want to be the one calling all the shots, but if someone else is they're fine following directions.
Class: sith marauder, sorcerer

juleswinfield
12.16.2012 , 09:24 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudOfBr View Post
I started playing on my marauder after a year break and the first like 15 warzones we got wrecked. Everytime we got civil war like 5 of my teamates would just all camp snow and get defender points. Ever since then though i've made a point to communicate in the chatbox and now I feel like i'm winning more than i'm losing. Even the matches we lose are close and it's not like when i first started where the most kills on my team would be something like 5 and hutball would end at 10-0. I feel like the guys on the imp side justs don't want to be the one calling all the shots, but if someone else is they're fine following directions.

this... so many timid antisocial mute imps pugging. wont call incomings, no kind of discussion of plans, not even a "heh" response to jokes. only people who talk are the ******e guild premades

Mojitin
12.17.2012 , 01:41 AM | #37
Every WoW kiddie wants to be the evil horde-type guy shooting lightning and being evil, which is why Imperial pvp is pretty much a joke. Granted, Republic side has the 50 year-olds that want to RP Luke Skywalker, but they don't queue for warzones.
Moji - Jedi Shadow
LD50

Krozis
12.17.2012 , 07:57 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Mojitin View Post
Every WoW kiddie wants to be the evil horde-type guy shooting lightning and being evil, which is why Imperial pvp is pretty much a joke. Granted, Republic side has the 50 year-olds that want to RP Luke Skywalker, but they don't queue for warzones.
^ there you go. I'm not 50 but yea, I wish I was Luke Skywalker fighting the Empire instead of my current cruddy job... you can't hold that against me.

Imp-wise I say all the time, every kid and his dog wants to be the next Darth Maul. I was just in a warzone on the weekend vs LD50 and Bloodline. I look at my team, I gotta juggernaut with 300ish expertise. I beg him to put his "PVP chest piece on". He says 'Oops, I don't have one'.

We got beat like a government mule and me and the guildie were the only ones with any real 'numbers'. I said to my guildie we gotta start having a screenshot contest of these Darth Maul kiddies. This happens all the time.

One day I will get tired of punching myself in the face everynight, and I'll stop playing Impside all together... it was a rough weekend of thorough, and completely demoralizing beatings for me.

I hate to say this but I think population is up for the game. I think the game is doing WAY better than the negative 'experts' thought it would at this time, and it seems a lot of them went Impside.
̿̿'̿̿\̵͇̿̿\= Formerly from a big guild that is now hundreds of tiny guilds. =/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿
Krozis \ Vintego \ Vint

Bronaimeth
12.17.2012 , 08:06 AM | #39
I'd like to point out, that imperials aren't the only ones with baddies. We run into the same pug horribleness as everyone on imp side too.

darthgamer
12.17.2012 , 08:18 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
Nope :P And I think almost every pug thinks of wz's at death matches, the determining factor in a wz is how good your pugs are at actually deathmatching. The people who completely ignore objectives and try to run into a group and just kill people also tend to have lower numbers than the people who actually play smart. And if the death match mentality is as strong on the imp side as I'm lead to believe, I could understand why healers wouldn't want to queue. A healer is a walking medpack that increases the duration of conflict at a node, but are very bad at solo objective play. If your team is terrible, and you aren't, but you're stuck healing, it's really quite frustrating.
This people need to realize that its not a deathmatch and objectives are what matters ill guard idc aslong as we win it doesnt matter too me.
Squadron 11-11-11