Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kabeone
12.12.2012 , 10:45 PM | #2381
The chronological and prompt archive/index is up to date and some very late responses. I'm caught up now thanks everyone for keeping me entertained the past week while I contributed little to nothing.

@LogicLoup I'm glad Maneera really did find her family, I was wondering if she would show up and be disappointed or if her mother would be dead. I know a reunion doesn't suddenly make everything OK but ergh I want her to have nice things! I loved the Parenthood short. Mama and Papa bear!
Also I can't seem feel sorry Corso (well maybe a teeny tiny bit), I truly hope that scene (an SGR related scene) is something we can see in game in the future.

@Striges I like Xathras, he's delightfully sithy. Talk about bad influence though
Rixik is just wonderfully awful, I haven't seen much of Mako but she does seem to have some curious blind spots in her otherwise encyclopedic knowledge of everything.
Your portrayal of Master Yuon felt very much like what I've experienced with her and is part of the reason I deleted my Jedi on tatooine. I'll try again someday but ugh Consular is so frustrating because they're so thick headed! Jurial seems to be a very thoughtful Padawan/Jedi it's too bad they don't let us explore those questions in the game as much as they could have.

@iamthehoyden I sympathize with Skari over Crae, "Always the stupid with that man." But he's just so... exactly like a snake, you think slimy but really they're cool, dry, and perfectly adapted to swallowing you whole. Terrifying.

@Ereiniel Oh goodness, that was a beautiful setup for Andronikos and the SI. It gave a whole new meaning to when he tells her not to ask where he got it. <3.

@Tatile I really hurt for Broan... but Jothar is a cad a Jedi-cad at that and Broan deserves better.

irishfino
12.13.2012 , 12:18 AM | #2382
Prompt: Night of the Living Prompt!: First Impressions
Characters: Ald; Quinn

Quinn on Ald

Spoiler

Ald on Quinn

Spoiler

Notes:

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Tatile
12.13.2012 , 12:31 PM | #2383
Quinn and Ald require more study time, I should say. Perhaps you should make them study partners?

kabeone
12.13.2012 , 01:15 PM | #2384
I'm going to take a moment for some holiday derailment. It is not related to writing but drawing so feel free to skip.

Spoiler

That's it. Carry on.

kabeone
12.13.2012 , 07:40 PM | #2385
Double post.

Night of the Living Prompt: I Love This Bar

Edit: JK End game spoilers

Scourge and Remi
Spoiler

Striges
12.13.2012 , 09:58 PM | #2386
Apologies. Busy week, I am behind on reading and responding. I will get caught up, I promise!

For your consideration:

Prompt: As Time Goes By

Character: Shen/Rixik (Bounty Hunter)

Notes:
Spoiler

Spoilers for Bounty Hunter Act One.

Content Warning:
Spoiler

Spoiler

iamthehoyden
12.13.2012 , 10:15 PM | #2387
Kabe, I love Scourge and Remi, you know this. But a drinking game based off the Chancellor's overuse of "together" and "bold plan" - omg. Genius. /bows Just genius.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
12.14.2012 , 06:55 AM | #2388
First prompts. Then a few story responses!

I'm sorry if the prompts seem a little disjointed this week. I do wish to continue the NotLP, and then I wanted to cross-pollinate with the SFC thread to help assure that prompts I keep intuitively writing for on one thread weren't actually only posted on the other. The actual original prompt this week is iamthehoyden's.

Week of 12/14/2012:
First Day on the Job: Some of our characters have very long, very colorful employment histories. Others picked a job or had it picked for them when they were very young. Pick one of the jobs your character has held and describe the day they came to it.
From the AU thread, Loyalty and Betrayal: Two loaded words that can have major impacts on a person's life. Which characters of yours always follow orders? Which never compromise in loyalty to their friends or cause? How do your companions (not just that one) deal with challenges to their loyalties?

Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675 .

@iamthehoyden, your Gault intrigues me. So much. I like what you do with him. And I sympathize with Skari's horror at the webs Crae has been busy weaving.

@Tatile, well done. I was assuming that he was just uncomfortable because, well, Jedi, conservative, inexperienced, guilty about being there in the first place. And then it turned into something wrenching

@irishfino, you wrote someone calling Quinn boring. Color me astonished.

@kabeone, the Saresh drinking game stopped me cold with laughter for a solid thirty seconds. Thirty seconds in which that Taris speech played in my head, again. Together.

@Striges, ouch, the idea of missing Rixik stories is the strongest motivator to date for me maybe getting off my *** and playing through the BH.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

iamthehoyden
12.14.2012 , 11:33 AM | #2389
Striges - Rixik and Andalar paint such different pictures of BH. I liked that Andalar didn't go into the Great Hunt, for someone with some serious honor, I can see how that would be problematic.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

LogicLoup
12.14.2012 , 03:28 PM | #2390
@Ereiniel - Both of the Andies are so wonderful, and the interaction between them was so wonderful... until it wasn't. And of course they're both so entirely convinced that the other isn't seeing the situation properly... *facepalm*

@hoyden - Wow. Just when I'm thinking Crae can't possibly be a bigger creeper, he stops being overtly creepy and BANG! much more disconcerting.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
LogicLoup - Good to see Maneera messing with Corso and, of course, some time with her parents, even if it is only short (Can we see more? )
Absolutely! Maneera's evolving relationship with the rest of her family is definitely something I want to explore.

@Tatile - Oh... poor Broan. Jothar just... argh. Urge to sucker-punch... rising.

@irishfino - I like that Ald goes into this realising fully that Quinn is a plant, but decides to play the game through just to see what's underneath.

@kabe - The Governor Saresh Drinking Game! Guaranteed to separate the men from... wait, no. The cyborgs from those without enhanced livers!

@Striges - Rixik is always a skeevy joy to read (that sounded much less like faint praise in my head, honest), but
Spoiler
takes all the prizes.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."