Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Pay2Win Space Missions ???

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Urael's Avatar


Urael
12.14.2012 , 02:08 PM | #731
Quote: Originally Posted by LUCASCASADEIS View Post
This is not P2W Because this is a Mini-Game
They are testing the waters to see what they can get away with. I don't see why you and others can't see this.

Shoogli's Avatar


Shoogli
12.14.2012 , 02:09 PM | #732
Quote: Originally Posted by dpwms View Post
Lobscouse, actually.
Well english isn't my primary tongue so I had to look it up on an online dictionnary, here's what I got :

No translation found for 'Lobscouse'.
Did you mean :
  • Obscure
  • Longhouse
  • Couscous
  • Hibiscus
  • Discourse
  • Luscious
  • Viscose
  • Viscous
  • Libelous
  • Because



Quote: Originally Posted by LUCASCASADEIS View Post
This is not P2W Because this is a Mini-Game
Just because it's "mini" doesn't mean you can't win or can't loose : it's still a game...
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

Kophar's Avatar


Kophar
12.14.2012 , 02:38 PM | #733
This is a very dangerous path theyre following and we as subscribers and F2P's + Freemiums need to be aware and raise our voices, so we can be heard in BW.
Reguardless if this method is atm only applyed to a mini-game its still wrong not allowing players to fully buy every single piece of grade 7 on the starship upgrade vendors.
We can argue that this will not put anyone in an advantage position to another player, and in fact it wnt, at least in a direct way but the point is that atm u can only buy all pieces of grade 7 for your ship on the cartel market and that is a very dangerous slope. We arent talking about cosmetic gear anymore here, we are referring that you need those g7 gear iot to at least try to complete space combat and alltough it is a mini-game, players can still grab good bucks from this and get BH comms + molecular stabilizers. So we have some paying iot have them and others not paying and not being able to have the same advantages ingame as the buyers. Those completing the space combat missions cause they have grade 7 are having more benefits than those that arent paying cartel coins to have the full gear thus they cant at all complete the new space combat missions. And in that point this is totally unfair.
I dnt like it, i dnt like it at all.
I saw a dark explosion. I sensed a power within. I felt the urge, the rage, the power... I AM REBORN!!

dpwms's Avatar


dpwms
12.14.2012 , 02:40 PM | #734
Quote: Originally Posted by Shoogli View Post
Well english isn't my primary tongue so I had to look it up on an online dictionnary, here's what I got :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scouse_(food)

dpwms's Avatar


dpwms
12.14.2012 , 02:45 PM | #735
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
And your opinion in this case is demonstrably wrong else the counter statement I offerred is "true" which would be ridiculous.

You are wrong because you are assigning "intent". You are also wrong because your view doesn't support the "original rules set" nor the "morphed rules set". If anything my counter example offered in reductio ad absurdum is closer to reality.
Your reply bears no connection to the matter at hand. You can fight it all you want, but the anti-p2w people are the ones who painted themselves into this corner. I'll restate it one more time since you are having difficulty. Subscribing is the equivalent of paying to win (by their own definitions) because it is not required to play the game to the "end" and gives one a number of advantages, conveniences and means of circumvention in exchange for cash.

Urael's Avatar


Urael
12.14.2012 , 02:51 PM | #736
Quote: Originally Posted by dpwms View Post
Your reply bears no connection to the matter at hand. You can fight it all you want, but the anti-p2w people are the ones who painted themselves into this corner. I'll restate it one more time since you are having difficulty. Subscribing is the equivalent of paying to win (by their own definitions) because it is not required to play the game to the "end" and gives one a number of advantages, conveniences and means of circumvention in exchange for cash.
No this is blatenly false. The F2P system as implemented by EAware is a PENALTY SYSTEM. You are PUNISHED for NOT SUBSCRIBING. The blame rests with EAware and EAware alone. Those that subscribe are paying for the features that warrents a subscription. Those that CHOOSE NOT TO PAY by the F2P system EAware has implemented have CHOSEN to INCUR a PENALTY or a DEGRAGED experience for NOT PAYING the subscription.

They CHOSE to be PUNISHED. They have an optioin to avoid the penalties: SUBSCRIBE or play something else.

dpwms's Avatar


dpwms
12.14.2012 , 02:57 PM | #737
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
No this is blatenly false. The F2P system as implemented by EAware is a PENALTY SYSTEM. You are PUNISHED for NOT SUBSCRIBING. The blame rests with EAware and EAware alone. Those that subscribe are paying for the features that warrents a subscription. Those that CHOOSE NOT TO PAY by the F2P system EAware has implemented have CHOSEN to INCUR a penalty or a DEGRAGED experience for NOT PAY the subscription.
You can make that argument, but you are wrong because the core game includes everything that is necessary to proceed from the beginning to the end. That is all available in the F2P game. Everything that a subscriber gains for their cash falls into one of several categories that have been defined (not by me) as p2w features: conveniences, means of circumventing gameplay, and gear. I'm not the one that put them in this position--in their struggle to justify their extreme position they have inadvertantly made themselves guilty of the behavior they claim to abhor.

Please understand that this is not a defense of EA, Bioware, or the Cartel Market. I was happy as a subscriber before F2P happened.

Urael's Avatar


Urael
12.14.2012 , 03:06 PM | #738
Quote: Originally Posted by dpwms View Post
You can make that argument, but you are wrong because the core game includes everything that is necessary to proceed from the beginning to the end. That is all available in the F2P game. Everything that a subscriber gains for their cash falls into one of several categories that have been defined (not by me) as p2w features: conveniences, means of circumventing gameplay, and gear. I'm not the one that put them in this position--in their struggle to justify their extreme position they have inadvertantly made themselves guilty of the behavior they claim to abhor.

Please understand that this is not a defense of EA, Bioware, or the Cartel Market. I was happy as a subscriber before F2P happened.
This is false since the subscription model

a) Came First
b) Is actually Preffered by EA.

The F2P is a CHANGE. If anything subscribers should feel outraged that Freeples are getting so much for free. In the end SWTOR won't have a long shelf life. The games strength is "the story". You need never play with another person or utilize any of the common features of an MMORPG to successfully play through this content. You don't need more than 4 action bars, you don't NEED purples, you aren't doing OPS or WZs or Space to complete this content. SWTOR is a trivial game. It is made no harder on the Freeple by having said penalties. The penalties are only for those that want to play the end game for free. The content you keep goin on about DOESN"T NEED ANY OF THE FEATURES THAT YOU A QQing about. YOU DON"T NEED THEM. The SWTOR levling game is SO FREAKING EASY as to be LAUGHABLE. There are NO HARD ENCOUNTERS on the way up to level 50 for ANY class. SWTOR is a "training wheels" MMORPG for harder games. If anyone finds SWTOR hard they really need to think about another hobby.

TL;DR: Again your QQ is baseless. What you are QQing about is not NEEDED to successfully navigate one's way from level 1 to 50 in the leveling game.

monkgryphon's Avatar


monkgryphon
12.14.2012 , 03:09 PM | #739
I believe there are more MUD MMORPGs than any other kind, so the average would be set by them... unless you mean Graphical MMORPGs, which you should state.

dpwms's Avatar


dpwms
12.14.2012 , 03:17 PM | #740
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
This is false since the subscription model

a) Came First
b) Is actually Preffered by EA.
The current state of the game with respect to P2W is what is being debated. What came before or may come in the future is not relevant. It makes sense that subscription is what EA would prefer, because they want to collect the 'pay' part of P2W.