Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just joined a guild and now I'm the leader >_<

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Just joined a guild and now I'm the leader >_<

Ithilwen
12.14.2012 , 06:36 AM | #1
Hi, as the title says... I joined a guild and like 2 hours later the guild master handed it all over to me and jumped ship... Is there any way to change the guild name? It's called <ETERNAL WRATH> which I wouldn't mind if it wasn't all in caps >_<

Is there anything else I should know about guilds in this game? as a subscriber everything is unlocked, but it's been a while since I ran a guild, and this set up is new to me.

To be honest, I don't mind taking over the guild and building it up, but the name (being in caps) just gets on my nerves. Closing this one and taking the members I can to create a new one is an option, but it isn't really fair since I only just joined and the creator jumped ship... I guess atm I'm looking at my/our options.
Valkarah - Valania - Santiel
Dramorion - Onai - Ostana

Guancyto
12.14.2012 , 06:38 AM | #2
I think if the creator jumped ship and left his position to a total newbie, the guild members were pretty much expecting things to close down anyway. >.>

AsheraII
12.14.2012 , 06:38 AM | #3
I believe the name is permanent and can't be changed. So to fix that, you'd have to /gdisband and then recreate it.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

Fornix
12.14.2012 , 06:40 AM | #4
I'd say save yourself the hassle and pass it over, unless if you truly want to set up a guild, however in that case go for a specific focus, make certain choices and keep the financial aspects in mind as well (voice chat, guild website, etc) on top of the time investment of running a decent guild.
Member of <Helix>

Ithilwen
12.14.2012 , 06:50 AM | #5
Well, all the current members are newbies aswell. and chances are I'm the only subscriber... I had completely forgoten about websites and voice chats.
TBH, If I was to make my own guild It would only be small, as for websites, I really don't know a lot in that department and haven't really used them since the game launched...

Thanks for your replies
Now to just decide what to do
Valkarah - Valania - Santiel
Dramorion - Onai - Ostana

OddballEasyEight
12.14.2012 , 07:57 AM | #6
Clear out the guild bank.
Write down everybodys character names.
Disband guild.
Contact at least 4 of the now-previous members and start a new guild with your name of choice.
Invite all the previous members again.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Tomb-Stone
12.14.2012 , 01:06 PM | #7
If the guild leader handed over the reigns to a total stranger then he didn't think much of the members. It might be better to just divide the money and bank resources evenly among the members and move on. If these guildees were worth anything, then why would he hand over leadership to a complete stranger?

Cut your losses and start fresh. The previous guild leader probably made a drastic move for a reason.
Tomb-Stone
Common Sense Is Like Deodorant. The People Who Need It The Most Never Use It...