Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Share Your 1st Anniversary Celebration Moments with the community!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Share Your 1st Anniversary Celebration Moments with the community!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Goretzu
12.14.2012 , 09:46 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
I agree with a lot of people that the Life Day stuff was nothing but a greedy cash grab by EA/Bioware.... I think they saw a lot of subscribers spending money on the cash shop when it first came out and figured we would continue to spend on items normally given free to subscribers in other MMO's.
Indeed, they saw the cash and basically Jumped The Shark with the Cashshop less than 2 months into "F2P".
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

ShadowWes
12.14.2012 , 10:11 AM | #102
Wait, this is just a trick right? They'll do something really cool on Xmas day...right?

Guys?

*crickets*

Lucyfer_Infinity
12.14.2012 , 11:12 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowWes View Post
Wait, this is just a trick right? They'll do something really cool on Xmas day...right?

Guys?

*crickets*
There was a dev post allready stating they won't do anything.

Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hey folks!

While we're definitely excited about the new Life Day items in the Cartel Market, I wanted to make sure that you all knew that we do not have an in-game event planned for this. However, this doesn't mean that we don't have any in-game events planned for the future! We'll have more information for you sometime after the holidays.

Thank you!
Here you go.

AngryAmerican
12.14.2012 , 11:53 AM | #104
My favorite moment in SWTOR was when the balloon ride on Tatooine was 45 minutes long, and it would glitch and drop you just shy of the sandcrawler, so you couldn't get those 2 datacrons. It lasted just a few days, but people were going nuts, myself included.

Pulpp
12.14.2012 , 01:37 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by AngryAmerican View Post
My favorite moment in SWTOR was when the balloon ride on Tatooine was 45 minutes long, and it would glitch and drop you just shy of the sandcrawler, so you couldn't get those 2 datacrons. It lasted just a few days, but people were going nuts, myself included.
That bug actually still exists, and has existed since beta. Happy Life Day.
--
Entitled whiners don't understand the new F2P model purposefully offers a stripped down version of the game to entice people to subscribe, because polls showed people were not willing to subscribe to the full version of the game (wait...what?!).

danpen
12.14.2012 , 01:41 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Pulpp View Post
That bug actually still exists, and has existed since beta. Happy Life Day.
Why do they not fix it then?
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

Sharne
12.14.2012 , 02:11 PM | #107
The anniversary will certainly be remembered, but not perhaps for the right reasons.

I'll share my celebration moment;

Coming back to the game after a while away to find a massively angry forum community.

Well played EA/BW, well played indeed.

As an aside, the Fairy-lights STAP is a thing of wonder, are you going to introducing wearable cherub wings anytime soon - another small nail in the coffin of immersion?

Happy Life Day.

Axott
12.14.2012 , 11:37 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by QuetzoCyote View Post
Dear EA/Bioware,
In celebration of OUR accomplishment of one full year of subscription, you have decided to bestow upon us fireworks and thank you kindly for those. However i find that they are quite worthless. I fired 4 of them.
It's especially joyous when my character just stands there when i fire off the firework, doing his/her normal lookaround shuffle idle thing. You can't even tie a /cheer into it, make it so we clap hands and squeal or something (yes in the future all emotes must cost us CC, but you could have recycled existing ones at least) It would be nice if there was at least some imaginary simulated delight going on somewhere, over this trumped up, much heralded and celebrated firework.
Joy upon Joy, i have fired a firework, when all of my Characters were given an even more useless flare gun at the start of their simulated lives...

I know those "I quit" posts are soooo annoying to people, but I get them now. I gotta say this somewhere, and this thread is asking for it. You want input as to how I am celebrating our 1 year anniversary.
I am celebrating by downloading Secret World and moving on. My subscription has been cancelled.
This whole event is a blind cash grab to squeeze us, subscribers or not, and it as transparent as glass. You guys are just riding high off the cash you have raked in since going F2P.
I hope that one day I can come back and not be repulsed by the in-your-face greed you exhibit, but something tells me that this behavior is just getting started. Maybe it's the miles worth of wasted text in these forums i have been too fanboyish to pay real attention too. Wish I did sooner.

SO LONG SUCKTOWN!
-Q
The deed is done. I too have just cancled my sub...
I'm in it for the credits. You just happen to be my credits.

swtordrz
12.14.2012 , 11:55 PM | #109
Even if it was a permanent Fireworks Launcher instead of Fireworks consumables to celebrate our one year anniversary... ...is any of this making sense to anyone in Management?

Only been here a few months, this game has much to offer, the true ongoing value to any successful MMO is its community, since respect is a two-way street, share your genuine passion for our game with us and we will do the same.

Am an optimist, congratulations on our first year, looking forward to many more fun memories.

RuDarthPatrick
12.15.2012 , 12:25 AM | #110
Fireworks? Orly? 1 year celebration, and only fireworks... Well, that sucks
I am truly honored to serve such a personage as you, Master. History will remember your name. Not mine, but definitely yours.