Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Best Deception Build - PVE?

Lord_O_Death_Joe's Avatar


Lord_O_Death_Joe
12.13.2012 , 01:57 AM | #1
Hey, I'm fairly new to the game and can only seem to find good material on Madness builds for PVE. I'm not sure if this is because they work the best, or deception is just not complicated. Any advice would be good, I'm level 26 and tank some, but mostly focus on dps. I use stealth and mindtrap heavily.

So is deception playable for PVE and group flashpoint? If so, what's a good build?

Thanks.
-
*.....*.,,....Lv fr r d lk pr....,,.*......*
.......,~,.....Srh hrugh Awsmss.....,~,.......
.._.~;`~._,;~,................... Joe ....................,~;,_.~`;~._..

Shadowsite's Avatar


Shadowsite
12.13.2012 , 07:31 AM | #2
Hey dude this is a good Deception build. That many people in my guild use, and they do quite a bit of damage


http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200bcbZfuMRkfbRroZc.2
A man that hides isn't a coward, he is the smartest man alive.
A man that fights is not brave, he is foolish
A man that walks away is the strongest of them all

Exiled-Phoenix's Avatar


Exiled-Phoenix
12.14.2012 , 08:03 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadowsite View Post
Hey dude this is a good Deception build. That many people in my guild use, and they do quite a bit of damage


http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200bcbZfuMRkfbRroZc.2
Thats a horrible build...

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...fMrRkfbRroZc.2
I use to be a Deception Assassin, then I took a Dev comment to the face!
Now i'm a Mercenary healer.......

murshawursha's Avatar


murshawursha
12.14.2012 , 10:24 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadowsite View Post
Hey dude this is a good Deception build. That many people in my guild use, and they do quite a bit of damage


http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200bcbZfuMRkfbRroZc.2
Swelling Shadows does nothing for Deception. SS only affects Dark Charge, Deception uses Surging Charge. Switch those two points into Electric Execution.

BigjoeHoe's Avatar


BigjoeHoe
12.14.2012 , 11:56 AM | #5
PLEASE PEOPLE I CAN NOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH Hybrd Maddness for Asssassin does x2 more DPS hte only thing is its much harder to play becouse you have to Micro Mange DOTS and look for Procs.

Heres my spec 8/5/28

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200bc0cZfZcMfRrbkrc.2

Exiled-Phoenix's Avatar


Exiled-Phoenix
12.15.2012 , 07:03 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by BigjoeHoe View Post
PLEASE PEOPLE I CAN NOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH Hybrd Maddness for Asssassin does x2 more DPS hte only thing is its much harder to play becouse you have to Micro Mange DOTS and look for Procs.

Heres my spec 8/5/28

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200bc0cZfZcMfRrbkrc.2
Thats great but the guy asked for a deception build.
I use to be a Deception Assassin, then I took a Dev comment to the face!
Now i'm a Mercenary healer.......

spond's Avatar


spond
12.23.2012 , 11:59 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by murshawursha View Post
Swelling Shadows does nothing for Deception. SS only affects Dark Charge, Deception uses Surging Charge. Switch those two points into Electric Execution.

I'm so glad you caught that. I looked at that build and couldn't believe I saw two talent points wasted like that. Deceptions have absolutely no room to blow points on skills that don't contribute to dps and/or force.