Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

-=Darc=- The Harbinger 2500 Rated DPS Sorc PvP stream

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
-=Darc=- The Harbinger 2500 Rated DPS Sorc PvP stream

Deimosmp's Avatar


Deimosmp
12.11.2012 , 08:38 PM | #1
I have recently established a livestream with twitchtv. My overall goal is to promote PvP on my server by streaming server PvP events and Rated warzones. The video quality is sub par but I am upgrading my internet and will be adjusting it soon. Feel free to stop by, hang out, and ask questions if you have any. I will update my twitch bio when I have a set streaming schedule. But until then most streams will be shown Thursday through Sundays.

http://www.twitch.tv/darcington

I am a 2500 rated DPS sorcerer on The Harbinger in the guild Ascendancy.
Here's a sample of my gameplay verses random pugs. 817k damage (1044dps) with the next guy behind me at 211k damage. =]

http://www.twitch.tv/darcington/c/1771937

Enjoy!

-DarÁ
DarÁ - The Harbinger - Ascendancy

I'm not sending subliminal messeges.

AdmiralParmesan's Avatar


AdmiralParmesan
12.11.2012 , 11:39 PM | #2
Nice. There needs to be more good sorc footage up. You seem to crit fairly often on your force lightnings even without recklessness.
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

theRaiders's Avatar


theRaiders
12.12.2012 , 11:48 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Deimosmp View Post
I have recently established a livestream with twitchtv. My overall goal is to promote PvP on my server by streaming server PvP events and Rated warzones. The video quality is sub par but I am upgrading my internet and will be adjusting it soon. Feel free to stop by, hang out, and ask questions if you have any. I will update my twitch bio when I have a set streaming schedule. But until then most streams will be shown Thursday through Sundays.

http://www.twitch.tv/darcington

I am a 2500 rated DPS sorcerer on The Harbinger in the guild Ascendancy.
Here's a sample of my gameplay verses random pugs. 817k damage (1044dps) with the next guy behind me at 211k damage. =]

http://www.twitch.tv/darcington/c/1771937

Enjoy!

-DarÁ
Mind sharing your build/specs? I typically roll full madness....at highest got 759k once...do you lessen ur crit and go more power/alacrity?
Swingin'richard II 55 Sage II The Harbinger II Intrepid

http://www.geekalerts.com/u/Mug-Life-T-Shirt.jpg

xIphonex's Avatar


xIphonex
12.12.2012 , 11:49 PM | #4
this guy sucks, jk jk love you darc <3

-chukles

Digimanbyte_ID's Avatar


Digimanbyte_ID
12.13.2012 , 07:59 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by theRaiders View Post
Mind sharing your build/specs? I typically roll full madness....at highest got 759k once...do you lessen ur crit and go more power/alacrity?
I think he is hybrid focusing on force crits through talents and willpower augments.

Deimosmp's Avatar


Deimosmp
12.13.2012 , 04:29 PM | #6
I currently use this hybrid spec
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...Rr0zZcMcRsMz.2

You may or may not need the two points of crit in the corruption tree. I have them because I sacrificed a lot of crit in my gear to stack power. These two points put me at 30% crit when I have the Agent buff.

However if you have your heart set on Madness I highly recommend using this spec
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201G0bZbZcMfRsrkRfz.2

You have very high burst potential with this spec. But beware, you will often find yourself consuming health to regenerate force. Also keep in mind your biggest threats as a sorcerer, marauders and assassins, can potentially have decreased damage verses AoE damage based on their spec. Deathfield will not be as potent.

I hope to see more visitors on my stream. Feel free to drop by and ask me questions about specs, gear, anything related to Sorcerer game play.

-DarÁ
DarÁ - The Harbinger - Ascendancy

I'm not sending subliminal messeges.

Eldriq's Avatar


Eldriq
12.13.2012 , 04:43 PM | #7
Would be awesome if you updated the thread when you are online and steaming. I find myself checking the stream but never knowing if you are on. Either way thanks for sharing your stuff.
El'drik - Sorcerer- War Hero - Harbinger Server Care Bear/White Knight
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. Friedrich Nietzsche

Deimosmp's Avatar


Deimosmp
12.13.2012 , 06:12 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Eldriq View Post
Would be awesome if you updated the thread when you are online and steaming. I find myself checking the stream but never knowing if you are on. Either way thanks for sharing your stuff.
I'll do my best to setup a schedule for streams. But for now the best thing to do is to follow my stream and receive email notification when my stream becomes live each day.
DarÁ - The Harbinger - Ascendancy

I'm not sending subliminal messeges.

TheRealLuxford's Avatar


TheRealLuxford
12.14.2012 , 02:14 AM | #9
nice vid, those guys seemed squishy and where r all the leapers at?.

Krozis's Avatar


Krozis
12.14.2012 , 08:31 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Deimosmp View Post
I currently use this hybrid spec
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...Rr0zZcMcRsMz.2

You may or may not need the two points of crit in the corruption tree. I have them because I sacrificed a lot of crit in my gear to stack power. These two points put me at 30% crit when I have the Agent buff.

You have very high burst potential with this spec. But beware, you will often find yourself consuming health to regenerate force. Also keep in mind your biggest threats as a sorcerer, marauders and assassins, can potentially have decreased damage verses AoE damage based on their spec. Deathfield will not be as potent.

I hope to see more visitors on my stream. Feel free to drop by and ask me questions about specs, gear, anything related to Sorcerer game play.

-DarÁ
I enjoyed your video. I thought when originally watching it that you were playing the exact same hybrid I am, but it's not quite the same. I'm wondering do you every feel like you're running on empty with force? Also why a point in Lightning Spire over taking Lightning Barrier? I guess I am a bit more defensive because I find I am hunted by Warriors/JK's a LOT.

Also I was a bit surprised (as some one else mentioned) how often you crit in that video.

Madness is nice for solo queuing, but I run out of force so often... I have to die, just to catch my breath. I truly enjoy the hybrid spec but I still do more damage with Madness personally.

One day, I'd love to go full Lightning (successfully). I see the odd person pull it off but it does remind me of Arsenal Mercs... a lot of standing around hoping no one notices you.

Good video though, and thanks for sharing the information.
̿̿'̿̿\̵͇̿̿\= Formerly from a big guild that is now hundreds of tiny guilds. =/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿
Krozis \ Vintego \ Vint