Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feedback request from James Ohlen - In-game events

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Feedback request from James Ohlen - In-game events

AboB
06.29.2012 , 11:05 PM | #411
I kinda didn't clue into the rakghoul event, and what it meant gear wise, but I did enjoy seeing people blow up randomly(lol). Really added an element of surprise to the gameplay. For future events, I would like to see another rakghoul event(so I can do something with this dna I have), a teranetek event of a sort, or perhaps a rakatetek/teraneghoul event? Seriously though, Tereneteks would be cool. Perhaps a pazaak or swoop race tourney?
...Or hey, maybe something about the Rakata still being around, maybe?

Jesira
06.30.2012 , 09:25 AM | #412
I'd love to see different types of events, the blowing up was funny and I loved how it just sort of randomly started and the news channel thing was there lol. I'd like to have ones that are big celebratory events that unlock cool titles and social gear etc.

MoobooMagoo
06.30.2012 , 09:42 AM | #413
I thought the event was really interesting story wise.

The only thing that bothered me was that it didn't go on long enough. I don't care about social gear, so it didn't really bother me, but if the event was going to have a new quest every day then it should have lasted longer to give people a chance to actually get everything done.
Explorer: 80% Achiever: 60% Killer: 47% Socializer: 13%

Daniel Erickson and the Amazing Technicolor Dream-Abs

Darth_Pants
06.30.2012 , 10:02 AM | #414
every single player who came from wow with me LOVED the plague. it was seriously fun, a good chance for players who play alot to do the dailys and get some rewards and also totally awesome for casuals to log in and see the carnage. it did not ruin anyone game experience as far as i could tell and was nothing but awesome

things i loved:

the tv screens with the videos. gave all the info needed without some stupid text based bollocks ruining the immersion. big fan of that

the slow turn into BOOM. loved it. if you wanted to AVOID turning others, you had plenty of warning. if you wanted to turn others, you had plenty of warning....and if you wanted to AVOID getting turned, you had plenty of warning....and the effects where short lived if you got pwned.

the lore. great way to add info on upcoming major events in swtor. really good. maybe add half decent rewards to encourage ppl to do the quests. wow did this with the thrall quest line in cata and it was good. just to make it clear, make the rewards come from ONE CHAIN. something that can be done in 2-4 hours. not days of dailys.

one thing i would add is on use effect trinkets. i know there are pets, and thats great, but an on use trinket to remember the even by 3 years down the track and turn yourself into w/e related to the event to say ';i was there"

Rafaman
06.30.2012 , 10:13 AM | #415
So... it begs the question, and I think a reason why this thread has come back to life, what's next? The patch is out, we are nearing the end for June, when can we expect the next event?

AboB
12.13.2012 , 01:27 AM | #416
...Hows about a new year event!?
Imagine... spending new year's with TOR

SlimsPicken
12.13.2012 , 04:53 PM | #417
Yeah my feedback is...events. yes. have them.

as opposed to not having them. Like now.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

Thehellfire
12.13.2012 , 05:23 PM | #418
Quote: Originally Posted by AboB View Post
...Hows about a new year event!?
Imagine... spending new year's with TOR
They cant even get a xmas event, something every mmo ever has done.

recsa
12.14.2012 , 07:07 AM | #419
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

This thread reminds me this other thread where James Ohlen asked for feedback about planets ... we said Dantooine, Yavin, Dagobah, Dathomir, Kashyyyk .... they took note and came up with ... Makeb

Now with the awesome life day and christmas events i have the same feeling.

Maybe im in the mood today, but im starting to see the humorous point on it, can't wait for the next round of feedback request
A long time from now, in a galaxy far, far away, fanbois will realize they hurt games they love in a way no troll could ever dream of.

Shingara
12.14.2012 , 07:09 AM | #420
Does james ohlen even work at bioware anymore ???????, if he does i think they must have locked him in a cupboard or something and that lift sound we hear is him beating to get out. Cos we aint seen a peep from him since july.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731