Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

WORKAROUND - Flashpoint Crashing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
WORKAROUND - Flashpoint Crashing
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OwenBrooks
12.14.2012 , 02:08 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by TexasMarine View Post
or you could FIX the issue...but fat chance on that
It may not be a simple solution, their is currently roughly only 50 posts in this thread on this issue, but lets just look at figures being very very conservitive lets say there is 250,000 people playing even at 0.25 % of players get this issue that is 625 people, factor in the odds between issues with peoples hardware and drivers or the game.
No 2 machines are alike and so while one solution works for one person it may not work for another.

If there is an identifiable bug I am sure the Devs are working on fixing it.

darnaol
12.14.2012 , 03:23 AM | #52
actually i was looking the internet for the same problems, only to find out that i m not the only one... at least i feel reassure about my pc.

OwenBrooks
12.14.2012 , 03:31 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by darnaol View Post
actually i was looking the internet for the same problems, only to find out that i m not the only one... at least i feel reassure about my pc.
please post up a dxdiag so they can look for commonality, below is how to do a dxdiag

DxDiag's are designed to give an overview of your system's configuration, this will enable to analyze your computer.
For troubleshooting technical issues, please post your DXDiag report and the relevant logs. 1.Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time.
2.Type in ‘DxDiag’ and press ‘OK’.
3.This will open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool box.
4.At the bottom of the box is a ‘Save All information’ button. Press it.
5.This will open a ‘Save As’ box. Please ensure the text file is named ‘DxDiag’.
6.Save this to your desktop.
7.Open the saved file, hit Ctrl+A (select all), and then Ctrl+C (copy).
8.Paste that information at the bottom of your post. Please use code or spoiler tags. If you don’t use these then your DXDiag will fill up the page making it hard to navigate your thread.

MagicTastic
12.14.2012 , 06:00 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by kitno View Post
It still works for me. You must be doing something wrong. As long as you don't see the hyperspace animation on screen it won't crash. You have to alt+tab(fullscreen) or minimize(windowed) immediately after talking to Harken, before the animation. You also need to wait long enough for it to finish. I just ran Esseles again and it still works.
It still doesn't work for me, see my game crashes as a run up to Harken to START the final dialogue, its even crashed in the middle of speaking to him. So yeah i dont even get to the hyperspace animation before mine crashes. You tell me what im doing wrong because i seriously dont know.

kitno
12.14.2012 , 02:58 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by MagicTastic View Post
It still doesn't work for me, see my game crashes as a run up to Harken to START the final dialogue, its even crashed in the middle of speaking to him. So yeah i dont even get to the hyperspace animation before mine crashes. You tell me what im doing wrong because i seriously dont know.
Then that's obviously not the same issue that this thread is for. Sorry. Of course it won't work for you if you have a different issue, I think that would be pretty obvious.

kitno
12.14.2012 , 03:00 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Can people start posting up their dxdiags please.
Please don't. There is already a sticky thread for that. This is a workaround, not a report your bug thread.

Post in the sticky.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=550315

Axesness
12.16.2012 , 07:02 AM | #57
Yesss!! finally thanks. Alt/Tab is the solution

Kloud_Almasy
12.16.2012 , 09:00 AM | #58
Is this bug actually going to get fixed at all ??? If this was my game it would be on a high priority list due to this one reason alone... If I was a F2P player this would put me right off the game straight off the bat. As I would wonder how it could get any worse as I progress thru the levels.

It's been nearly a month & a half since this first appeared. I see on the In-game known issues list that this
>>> •Flashpoint: The Foundry: Players will expereince a client crash after the conversation with Helm Officer Martos. This only occurs in Hard Mode.
Has been added to the list but it is not just one flashpoint that has this issue & it isn't just in HM as my low lvl chars who run the esseles also crash on the jump to lighspeed animation. Which is def not a HM FP !!!

I would just like to thank Beesodd for at least linking a workaround in a few other threads. As this bug made alot of people in my guild irritable when we got the daily pop & knew this was coming.

Please could we get this uppdated properly on the in-game issues list & an update on where the fix is at..

Would be greatly appreciated.

rpgweb
12.16.2012 , 09:19 AM | #59
Same issue here. I did not change my nvidia drivers, what made it crash is a bioware swtor update because my swtor game never crashed before. I am running it on the same machine i always did.

And i must say it is very frustrating to have everyone in your group look at you disconnetting while they wait for you to reconnect to end the esseless FP over and over.

Ambient occlusion is off, but it crashes anyway.
--
Steven

Mercyflush
12.17.2012 , 09:42 AM | #60
This crash has just started happening to me after the last set of patches and latest game update. Never happened to me before. While the alt/tab may work for some, it takes almost as long just to log back into the game.
Location: CA, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Local Cluster, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy