Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

WORKAROUND - Flashpoint Crashing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
WORKAROUND - Flashpoint Crashing
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Elysith
12.11.2012 , 11:00 AM | #41
Concering HM The Foundry, I just found out, that if I let the Hyperspace Animation finish (so not "spacebarring" around) then I can pass the dialogue phase who would otherwise crash.

If I spacebar thru the dialogues, then the game crashes at the holocom dialogue part.

So if someone has a crash with HM Foundry, he may try that workaround too of not skipping but watching completely the Hyperspace animation before reaching the holocom part.

MagicTastic
12.11.2012 , 03:00 PM | #42
The workaround from the OP does not work for me.

Not being able to complete either The Esseles or The Black Talon is excruciatingly frustrating.
Get your DEV team to do something useful and fix these bugs! Instead of bringing out more new stuff, fix the old stuff first.

Elysith
12.12.2012 , 08:43 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by MagicTastic View Post

Not being able to complete either The Esseles or The Black Talon is excruciatingly frustrating.
Get your DEV team to do something useful and fix these bugs! Instead of bringing out more new stuff, fix the old stuff first.
It works for me for The Black Talon but not the The Esseles.
(Edit: The workaround does not work anymore for the Black Talon since 1.6 for me)
And yes it's very frustrating and still not fixed, and I'm starting to think it will never be fixed

OwenBrooks
12.12.2012 , 08:59 AM | #44
Can people start posting up their dxdiags please.

imsoemokthx
12.12.2012 , 09:59 PM | #45
This problem has been going on for (as far as I know) 2-4 weeks at this point. How hard is this to actually fix/do something about. It's frustrating taking to the time to go through an entire instance and then being unable to gain the rewards for doing so. Do something about this, Bioware.

Missandei
12.13.2012 , 12:44 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by imsoemokthx View Post
This problem has been going on for (as far as I know) 2-4 weeks at this point. How hard is this to actually fix/do something about. It's frustrating taking to the time to go through an entire instance and then being unable to gain the rewards for doing so. Do something about this, Bioware.
Be calm. The next new items in Cartel Market will include the «Esseles/BT crash fix pack» for 1250CC!
Account wide fix will cost 2500CC
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

imsoemokthx
12.13.2012 , 01:51 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
Be calm. The next new items in Cartel Market will include the «Esseles/BT crash fix pack» for 1250CC!
Account wide fix will cost 2500CC
No dice, the Cartel Market is also not working.

kitno
12.14.2012 , 01:15 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by MagicTastic View Post

It still works for me. You must be doing something wrong. As long as you don't see the hyperspace animation on screen it won't crash. You have to alt+tab(fullscreen) or minimize(windowed) immediately after talking to Harken, before the animation. You also need to wait long enough for it to finish. I just ran Esseles again and it still works.

TexasMarine
12.14.2012 , 01:19 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Thanks for the provided workaround, kitno.

Hopefully it will be useful while we're looking into the issue with Hyperspace animations that some players are seeing.
or you could FIX the issue...but fat chance on that

kitno
12.14.2012 , 01:55 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Elysith View Post
It works for me for The Black Talon but not the The Esseles.
(Edit: The workaround does not work anymore for the Black Talon since 1.6 for me)
And yes it's very frustrating and still not fixed, and I'm starting to think it will never be fixed
I just ran BT, picked return to fleet, and crashed. Reopened the game, picked return to fleet, alt+tabbed out, waited, opened back up, mission complete. So it still works for me.