Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1900 dps

theRaiders
12.11.2012 , 02:47 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruskaeth View Post
What are your stats (bonus damage, crit, multiplier) stimmed and buffed?
Roughly my bonus damage is like 1005 - Crit Chance @ 35% and Multiplier @ 77%
Swingin'richard II 55 Sage II The Harbinger II Intrepid

http://www.geekalerts.com/u/Mug-Life-T-Shirt.jpg

LoL-K-Noob
12.13.2012 , 01:57 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Dreselus View Post
Just out of curiosity have you tried this? http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#60...0bZsMbRsrkrc.2
I did a quick parse of it (in healer gear) and it did about 150 DPS more, just wondering what you could do with it.
Rotation is pretty much the same just no Sever Force.
I have gave it a shot last night and my parses run 1800-1840 with it and got lucky a couple of times hitting 1876 and 1896 all with NO armor debuff. I tried two different methods: Using project when a DoT or FiB is about to wear off in 1 second and NOT using project but canceling Telekinetic throw when a DoT wears off or FiB is available except when I get the proc for a fast telekinetic Throw.

Now with Full Balance I ran three parse in a row hitting 1848, pretty much zero variation unlike the hybrid but didnt get a ridiculous number like 1876 and 1896. I think The proc hit very often to give me a quick TK throw which resulted in those high parses for hybrid.

So I concluded Hybrid is great for force management and can hit way higher than full balance if the procs come often, but not a stable dps and can do way less then the guaranteed damage like full balance. Then again I may be using project wrong Im still not sure if you are suppsoe to use it or not in Hybrid spec

Khevar
12.13.2012 , 03:53 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by LoL-K-Noob View Post
I have gave it a shot last night and my parses run 1800-1840 with it and got lucky a couple of times hitting 1876 and 1896 all with NO armor debuff. I tried two different methods: Using project when a DoT or FiB is about to wear off in 1 second and NOT using project but canceling Telekinetic throw when a DoT wears off or FiB is available except when I get the proc for a fast telekinetic Throw.

Now with Full Balance I ran three parse in a row hitting 1848, pretty much zero variation unlike the hybrid but didnt get a ridiculous number like 1876 and 1896. I think The proc hit very often to give me a quick TK throw which resulted in those high parses for hybrid.

So I concluded Hybrid is great for force management and can hit way higher than full balance if the procs come often, but not a stable dps and can do way less then the guaranteed damage like full balance. Then again I may be using project wrong Im still not sure if you are suppsoe to use it or not in Hybrid spec
I'm not an expert in this (read: I cannot yet reach your level of dps ) but the folks at mmo-mechanics spent some time working out sage/sorcerer dps rotations:

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/thread-947.html

Hybrid is discussed about halfway down the page. Their suggested rotation mentions that Shock (Project) is inefficient DpE wise but is useful when you need to be mobile. Also their hybrid build includes two points in Chain Shock (Upheaval) which would increase the average dps of Project over time.

MisterMuse
12.13.2012 , 07:09 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by LoL-K-Noob View Post

To optimize the hybrid spec you'll want more critical rating than the other specs as you're down 2% from the tree and you're reliant on Weaken Mind crit procs to get the 50% reduced cast. As of that I was just wondering, whats your gear getting those numbers?
Raysho - Hybrid Sage
FahÚr - Combat Sentinel
JahÝr - Vigilance Guardian
SahÝr - Assault Vanguard

LoL-K-Noob
12.13.2012 , 07:26 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterMuse View Post
To optimize the hybrid spec you'll want more critical rating than the other specs as you're down 2% from the tree and you're reliant on Weaken Mind crit procs to get the 50% reduced cast. As of that I was just wondering, whats your gear getting those numbers?
With Rakata Stim and buffs:

Bonus Damage: 1027.2
Crit: 36%
Surge: 75%
Power: 895
Crit Rating: 208
Alacrity: 285
Surge: 285

rlamela
12.13.2012 , 10:03 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
I'm not an expert in this (read: I cannot yet reach your level of dps ) but the folks at mmo-mechanics spent some time working out sage/sorcerer dps rotations:

Hybrid is discussed about halfway down the page. Their suggested rotation mentions that Shock (Project) is inefficient DpE wise but is useful when you need to be mobile. Also their hybrid build includes two points in Chain Shock (Upheaval) which would increase the average dps of Project over time.
I dont see how project isnt worth using. Granted all i do is pvp and I dont hit dummies cause dummies no hit back. But my project crits for 2.8 - 3k plus another 1.4 - 1.5k when it procs a 2nd rock. I run many different full Balance specs and I find Project to be very useful.
Jenna'syyde

Khevar
12.14.2012 , 01:29 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by rlamela View Post
I dont see how project isnt worth using. Granted all i do is pvp and I dont hit dummies cause dummies no hit back. But my project crits for 2.8 - 3k plus another 1.4 - 1.5k when it procs a 2nd rock. I run many different full Balance specs and I find Project to be very useful.
Jenna'syyde
I'd recommend reading the post I linked. It didn't say not to use Project, it's just low on the priority list.

It has an excellent explanation for why.

Truescopes
12.14.2012 , 01:33 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post

Yes, ofcourse it is inefficient DPE wise, but the thing about the hybrid spec is it costs very little force to use. So throwing in those extra 10 or so projects in a 5 minute fight really don't effect force too much.

MisterMuse
12.14.2012 , 03:59 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by rlamela View Post
Jenna'syyde
It cost to much force to be useble in PvE long term. In PvP there is brief moment you're out of combat and have higher energy regeneration and therefore can use more draining abilities, in PvE you'll need to constantly manage force. The use for project in PvE I think is more as a filler when you don't want to cast TK Throw but can't apply dots or FiB yet and is very good as such.
Raysho - Hybrid Sage
FahÚr - Combat Sentinel
JahÝr - Vigilance Guardian
SahÝr - Assault Vanguard

AuZZieCxC
12.17.2012 , 07:14 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
Because the developers put relics in the game without explaining their mechanics.

Some very goddam important details you need to know are:

1) The procs use your Crit Multiplier

2) The procs use your Crit Rating... but...

The hilariously not released information is that:

Kinetic & Internal use Tech Crit % (troopers and scoundrels)

Energy & Elemental use Force Crit % (consulars and knights)

Came to the conclusion in a thread on the commandos forum where kinetic would use our tech crit rate but elemental would crit for way waaaay less, 15% less on massive parses.

The reason? It's using the force crit rate which is much lower on a commando since ofc aim doesn't give anything to it.

Wish i was told that BEFORE i bought the damn internal Relic, What wasted 300 daily comms...

Having seen this thread ive now respec to balance having been doing telekinetic with lousy dps. Although i have Cleared first two bosses in TFB HM with the TK spec.

Currently on 3/7/31 Full balance Spec

1034.1 Bonus Damage
35.49% Crit Chance with rating of 205
77.42 Surge Rating of 345
7.35 alacrity rating of 228

Thats With all buffs and rakata stim
How goes this comparison with your stats. Should i drop anything or increase anything too?
The Harbinger

Am'ras | Alphros | Greyflood