Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pay2Win Space Missions ???

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

grallmate
12.13.2012 , 06:32 PM | #671
[QUOTE=Clevelandboy;5575346]
Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post
These are meant to be tough space missions to test more advanced players and have a weekly mission tied to them as an incentive to complete them. They are not meant to be dailies, they in the same league as Ops or HM FPs. I know they're harder, I believe the word I used was "BRUTAL" and I love them. It actually feels awesome when you down one."

They are "Brutal" Spent 3 hours last night and still have not managed to down one. But I have got closer to doing it and not mad at all love the challenge.
Yep, I've only downed 2 and I'm still working on the rest.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

darklordpotter
12.13.2012 , 06:36 PM | #672
personally I'm more worried about this:

"It is not our intent to make the Cartel Market the “way to play" the game—we want you to feel that both the Cartel Market and earning gear in game are viable options as far as value goes, neither being far more efficient or effective than the other."

Ie the plan as stated here is the Cartel Market is as effective as playing the game for gaining equipment certainly a statement that as it stands tends to imply the long term plan is to sell end game equipment sets through the Cartel Market. Further clarification is required as a matter of urgency.

Note that in the 6? months since the announcement it has gone from

1. Cosmetic items only to
2. Some blues available to
3. Purple leveling gear available to
4. BiS Slot crystals available 40 lvls before they are attainable through gameplay to
5. BiS upgrades for the minigame being effectively only available through the Cartel Market for the majority of players

This does not currently present a pretty picture and makes me wonder what they will be selling in another 6 months

Radzkie
12.13.2012 , 06:37 PM | #673
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
You cheapened the integrity of the market once you started putting top tier gear (of any kind) for sale on the Cartel Market.

That is the fundamental problem here. If you guys want to start selling more top-tier gear on the Market... and I don't care what the cost is...just come out and say it so that I can unsub because that isn't the MMO I signed up for.
Pretty much this. Except I'll play until the "doomsday" date. The game will become utter dung if/when they start selling PVE/PVP gear.

I don't play MMOs that you can just log on, buy everything endgame with real money then be done with it. When you don't have to earn anything on the game anymore, there's no point to play it.

Deep down I sort of hope they just get it over with soon. It kind of sucks waiting in fear of the day the game is going to be ruined...the day to "rip off the bandaid" and move along to another MMO...

Glzmo
12.13.2012 , 07:08 PM | #674
If Cartel market isn't the way to play the game, why aren't there any other level 10/level 34 color crystals with +41 stats (including expertise, which unbalances low-level warzones) obtainable in the game then?

Costello
12.13.2012 , 07:20 PM | #675
I would be really interested to find out how many players are completing these missions and if it was worth the development time put into them.

The diffculty of the missions seems dialed up too high and I can't see the reason for it. It really isn't balanced for the reward but thats only the tip of the problem. The incredible gear grind to get to the point of just being able to fly them must be a massive turn off for all but hard core space fans (unless you use the cartel market or gtn from the cartel market). But then I don't see where the fun comes repeating the same mission learning where all the enemies come from (its a rail shooter they never change) and then by trial and error and a lot of luck getting through.

The control is so limited in a rail shooter there is no feeling of a difficult dog fight against an ace its pew pewing at targets hoping they will go down and I would love to see the metrics of the game and how much this has added to the star wars experience.

DAMossimo
12.13.2012 , 07:45 PM | #676
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
I would be really interested to find out how many players are completing these missions and if it was worth the development time put into them.

The diffculty of the missions seems dialed up too high and I can't see the reason for it. It really isn't balanced for the reward but thats only the tip of the problem. The incredible gear grind to get to the point of just being able to fly them must be a massive turn off for all but hard core space fans (unless you use the cartel market or gtn from the cartel market). But then I don't see where the fun comes repeating the same mission learning where all the enemies come from (its a rail shooter they never change) and then by trial and error and a lot of luck getting through.

The control is so limited in a rail shooter there is no feeling of a difficult dog fight against an ace its pew pewing at targets hoping they will go down and I would love to see the metrics of the game and how much this has added to the star wars experience.
No completions here. Not even close with all T6 gear. Total massacre in under 30 seconds in most of them. Tried each of them at least a couple times. This after running the previous 3 level 50 missions almost daily with only one hand, using peripheral vison only, and watching tv.

Not interested enough to hack off both left limbs in order to finance the T7 parts required for a real attempt at finishing them. The rewards suck too; it would take months just to recoup the cost of getting set up to run them assuming you could complete them with T7 parts.

Total negative experience for me.

Blackardin
12.13.2012 , 08:40 PM | #677
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

I've spoken to the design team about the issue of Grade 7 ship upgrades and the cost in game (resources and time) versus the cost on the Cartel Market, since this concern was raised by a number of people on our forums.

Our Lead Designer for the game, Damion Schubert, has this to say:

Unfortunately, there is, in fact, a great disparity between these two costs. We want to apologize for this, as there was a miscommunication internally on how valuable these upgrades were, how challenging they should be to earn, and how fast a player should be able to earn them.

We are currently looking at solutions that cause the least amount of frustration for all players affected, while keeping the integrity of both the Cartel Market and the game intact.

It is not our intent to make the Cartel Market the “way to play" the game—we want you to feel that both the Cartel Market and earning gear in game are viable options as far as value goes, neither being far more efficient or effective than the other.

We truly hope you enjoy the challenge of the new Heroic Space Missions and apologize again for what we hope is a small distraction.

I want to reiterate that we are actively looking at solutions and they will be communicated to you as soon as we have a solid plan.

Thank you for your patience.

They do exist! Passes out. ;p
May the Schwartz be with you....

Sydexlic
12.13.2012 , 08:41 PM | #678
I reckon they were testing the waters with this idea. They've already put p2w items in the market already with the lvl 10 and lvl 35 high grade colour crystals which are clearly pay to win as they are BiS for any sub 50, especially for the pvp twinks. A couple of threads were made in protest, but not many people really cared, sub 50 pvp is a side show, nothing more.

Now they've added in a BiS set of items to the cartel store, but for a part of the game no one really gives a flying fudge about, just to gauge the reaction.

You have your answer EAware, DO NOT WANT.

Blackardin
12.13.2012 , 08:47 PM | #679
Quote: Originally Posted by Rogoo View Post
Now the real question is why are they even obtainable in the cash shop in the first place ?

No purple items should be there. Period.
They are there because there are people such as myself that play the game and can afford the nine dollars it cost to buy them but do not have the time to run every mission, every day for 60 days....and I enjoy them.

Some of us don't live the game, some do. If you would rather earn them in game, then earn them in game. I'll do a little of each as time permits. How I play does not affect you at all.

Bottom line here is that you are not the only one playing the game and though I can respect your opinion, I disagree with it, or your contention that because you do not want to buy them, no one should be able to. I personally do not enjoy mind numbing grinding. We are not in direct competition in space as we would be in PvP so no harm no foul.

You play your way, I'll play my way. That is what they are allowing to occur.
May the Schwartz be with you....

DAMossimo
12.13.2012 , 09:05 PM | #680
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackardin View Post
My buying them with CC does not affect crafting at all as they are already on the GTN and going for 300k and up.
Absolutely untrue. The mats alone to make a single ship part cost nearly $1 million credits.

None of the parts on the Jedi Covenant Server are crafted; they are all put there from straw purchases off the Cartel Market. How could I tell? No crafter name tag on a single one of them. Why would a crafter even bother when they are undercut by 70% of breaking even?