Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Slicing] Bad moneymaker?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Slicing] Bad moneymaker?

Nneinn
12.13.2012 , 05:20 PM | #1
I'm feeling like slicing is a terrible moneymaker, mostly because there's such a huge competition for the stuff that we sell.
Anyone feel the same? Should I just unlearn it and learn a different crew skill?

MonkeyCannon
12.13.2012 , 10:17 PM | #2
I learned slicing to make my own augments, currently while I'm leveling. But I do see tech parts being sold on the GTN for more than what it costs to farm them. Also, you don't have to run a single slicing mission if you simply harvest nodes on planets. That is a good way to make slicing profitable.

Andar
12.14.2012 , 12:41 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Nneinn View Post
I'm feeling like slicing is a terrible moneymaker, mostly because there's such a huge competition for the stuff that we sell.
Anyone feel the same? Should I just unlearn it and learn a different crew skill?

1 Make 3-4 alt slicers.
2. Log them on before your main, every time, and send them out on rich grade 5's and abundent grade 6's for chances at mission discoveries.
3. Profit

Rerednaw
12.14.2012 , 09:10 AM | #4
Slicing is the simplest way to never having to worry about cash, well unless you buy a full new set of gear at every planet or at the GTN.

My level 50s with slicing ended up with around 1.5-2 million at level 50. That's just from picking up money boxes. Not from slicing missions. Now I am not nearly as rich as regular auctioneers, and the 50 dailies now net you around half a mill but I never ran out of funds for training or the occasional splurge at the GTN.

uniz
12.15.2012 , 10:15 AM | #5
its great for leveling up and picking nodes as you go or at 50 getting nodes too . also for players who dont want to craft as it gives them something to do and allows them a trickle of credits.

you only need one for getting mats for augments. soon you will have stacks of blues which dont sell. i still have 12 stacks in my bank after giving a lot away and making augments.

only the ut and scavenging missions sell well. biochem might but i never had a need to buy any ever. others dont.

everyone has one on a alt so selling missions are not what it used to be. i haven't bought a mission since last june.

Holinyx
12.15.2012 , 04:46 PM | #6
Slicing is a huge moneymaker. by doing them you get missions for free plus money back. at 50 you can run around the north lake in Ilum and make 10k in like 5 minutes. Slicing makes alot more money if you have alts that are 400 in mission skills so you can mail them to alts and run your own missions. you can easily run a 340 mission for like 3k and sell what you get for 15k+. heck the 340 slicing missions themselves sell for 50k easy on my server.

i mostly stopped after i made 10 million. i just got bored making money. lol.
Not all Bounty Hunters die screaming like a 4 yr old girl.

JamieKirby
12.17.2012 , 10:04 AM | #7
Slicing is a good money maker, i personally send all available companions on moderate yield slicing missions while questing and try to pick up every lockbox i find, the only downside is that crafters overcharge SEVERELY for items they make, i mean that if i could stomach crafting, i can make that same item for like 1k or something like that and they are trying to sell it for like 15k, i mean thats just over kill.

I know, crafters need to make a profit, but what most of them do charge is just freaking overkill, its gotten to the point where i just can't even play the game because the only things sold for low prices are the crappy greens and even some of those are severely overpriced.

I mean, at level 15, i shouldn't have to pay 15-25k for a blue quality colour crystal or 30-40k for a level 15 blue quality hilt/barrel, i pay reasonable prices, nothing more, nothing less.