Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pay2Win Space Missions ???

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dpwms
12.13.2012 , 02:31 PM | #631
Quote: Originally Posted by Durasturan View Post
You should change the first sentence to: Whatever changes they make will be for the betterment of their business and bottom lines..."
I debated chaning that right after I posted it, but in the scheme of things I think that profitibility and thus longevity is safe to lump into actions that are "for the betterment of the game."

Vandicus
12.13.2012 , 02:31 PM | #632
Uh no, as I pointed out, YOU MISREAD MY POST!
You are saying I said something I didn't say.
GO BACK AND READ MY POST YOU ARE WRONG
Read what I responded to. You went off on a completely unrelated tangent and acted as though it was a rebuttal in support of Slurmez's statement.

*EDIT

Unless you mean to say you have no issue with anything I originally said?
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Durasturan
12.13.2012 , 02:36 PM | #633
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
Read what I responded to. You went off on a completely unrelated tangent and acted as though it was a rebuttal in support of Slurmez's statement.

*EDIT

Unless you mean to say you have no issue with anything I originally said?
Here is what you said after quoting me.

"Good for you. Don't go around lying about what they said though(your previous claim that their announced plans were to expand this to pve and pvp gear when the exact opposite was true) if you're going to complain about unmet "promises".

Now, looking at the statement You quoted, where did I "claim that their ANNOUNCED PLANS were to expand this to pve and pvp"

My complaint, as I stated in the original post you quoted is.

They SAID they WOULD NOT have end game gear-
But in reality, they put items that are BiS up for real money.

Vandicus
12.13.2012 , 02:41 PM | #634
Here is what you said after quoting me.

"Good for you. Don't go around lying about what they said though(your previous claim that their announced plans were to expand this to pve and pvp gear when the exact opposite was true) if you're going to complain about unmet "promises".

Now, looking at the statement You quoted, where did I "claim that their ANNOUNCED PLANS were to expand this to pve and pvp"

My complaint, as I stated in the original post you quoted is.

They SAID they WOULD NOT have end game gear-
But in reality, they put items that are BiS up for real money.
I assumed you were rebutting my post. If you weren't, then I was incorrect in assuming you were supporting Slurmez's statements as part of a quote/rebuttal chain.

*EDIT

Olhen's statements actually only addressed pvp and pve gear specifically.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Costello
12.13.2012 , 02:48 PM | #635
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

We truly hope you enjoy the challenge of the new Heroic Space Missions and apologize again for what we hope is a small distraction.

Have you played any of the new space missions cause I get a feeling if you had you wouldn't be suggesting that. The Heroic Missions require you to have the grade seven gear which makes one hell of a grind or few cartel coins, to then complete them once for some space coms far far far less than spent on getting the gear and then complete again for some black hole coms. Which I am not sure anyone who can fly these missions would need any more given 3 ops runs (up to second boss) net closer to 40 a week.

For the fun of a railroad shooter, the difficulty of the missions, the gear required and the reward I can't see what the point of these missions was. And this is all we have to look forward to over the holiday season and likely for the next 9 weeks. What was the plan?

Vandicus
12.13.2012 , 02:53 PM | #636
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post

For the fun of a railroad shooter, the difficulty of the missions, the gear required and the reward I can't see what the point of these missions was. And this is all we have to look forward to over the holiday season and likely for the next 9 weeks. What was the plan?
You don't pvp I take it? You'll be in a longer than 9 week wait than. More like 15 weeks. Ilum is supposed to be the core of the patch following 1.6.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Durasturan
12.13.2012 , 02:54 PM | #637
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
I assumed you were rebutting my post. If you weren't, then I was incorrect in assuming you were supporting Slurmez's statements as part of a quote/rebuttal chain.

*EDIT

Olhen's statements actually only addressed pvp and pve gear specifically.
Your point, it's on their list of things to not do. I agree. It is on their list of things to not do. BUT that list is irrelevant. I don't believe anything they say. They said "won't put BiS PVE or PVP gear on CM.

But considering their long history of doing the exact opposite of what they say, and considering the fact that BiS gear IS ON THE CM RIGHT NOW. Ohlen's statement is... special.

Elear
12.13.2012 , 02:54 PM | #638
The Heroic Missions require you to have the grade seven gear
You'll find 2875 threads that prove it's not true.
Point - deliver diffcult mission that will take even experienced player at least few attempts to succed.

Vandicus
12.13.2012 , 03:02 PM | #639
Your point, it's on their list of things to not do. I agree. It is on their list of things to not do. BUT that list is irrelevant. I don't believe anything they say. They said "won't put BiS PVE or PVP gear on CM.

But considering their long history of doing the exact opposite of what they say, and considering the fact that BiS gear IS ON THE CM RIGHT NOW. Ohlen's statement is... special.
My only point in regards to Slurmez's post was that he was spreading misinformation about dev statements(which other people might then rely on). If you don't believe dev statements, fine, great, I couldn't care less. I just try and correct false information where I see it. The misinformation bit annoys me because we get rumors blown completely out of proportion all the time on these forums and its not too long before people start treating them as fact.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Pulpp
12.13.2012 , 03:03 PM | #640
Quote: Originally Posted by DAMossimo View Post
I don't know what just happened - did a thread get merged? what ever I was quoting was removed making my post pointless. Oh well, wasn't that important anyway.
The mods have deleted hundreds of posts today (this one will likely go eventually too ). That makes sense of course, since as the EA staff member said -- they value our feedback and are listening....*cough*damagecontrolsweepundertherug* cough*

lol!

Anyway, I find the official response here awesome. It's pretty clear that EA has no issue providing end game items in the shop (yes, for a "minigame" but I am not going to explain why that's not relevant again as mods will just delete it). The only issue, as they apparently see it, is that people are mad the alternative method of getting these items contain too extreme artificial barriers (comm grind) vs. store price. Enjoy the ride down the slope, folks.
--
Entitled whiners don't understand the new F2P model purposefully offers a stripped down version of the game to entice people to subscribe, because polls showed people were not willing to subscribe to the full version of the game (wait...what?!).