Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pay2Win Space Missions ???

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iamthehoyden
12.13.2012 , 02:21 PM | #621
Quote: Originally Posted by Thehellfire View Post
I doubt it they just got caught with there hand in the proverbial cookie jar and are backtracking to save face.
Either way, they're paying attention to the fuss. I'll take that and see what comes of it.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Durasturan
12.13.2012 , 02:22 PM | #622
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Thank you for communicating our concerns. That act goes a long way towards regaining some good will. I will look forward to seeing a fair solution that maintains the integrity of the game.
"Hey guys, since these items are so important to the ONLY real content we released this patch we meant to charge you $20000 per bundle, not $5. It's not P2W if we charge so much only rich people can afford it!"

Honestly, his post doesn't actually say anything; here it is parsed:

Internal miscommunication about how much these should be charged for (He does not say they don't belong on the market at all, just that the price is in question.)

They will start TALKING about doing something (don't say what they will do or when.)

dpwms
12.13.2012 , 02:24 PM | #623
Quote: Originally Posted by Satanski View Post
Do you by any chance think they will make changes becouse of their good will?
Whatever changes they make will be for the betterment of the game, however they percieve it, not out of good will. The good thing is that most of the time businesses make the right decisions to balance profit and customer satisfaction, though we usually only hear about the spectacular failures.

The success of the store will ensure that we retain non-grind options to a good degree, I believe.

Thehellfire
12.13.2012 , 02:24 PM | #624
Quote: Originally Posted by Durasturan View Post
"Hey guys, since these items are so important to the ONLY real content we released this patch we meant to charge you $20000 per bundle, not $5. It's not P2W if we charge so much only rich people can afford it!"

Honestly, his post doesn't actually say anything; here it is parsed:

Internal miscommunication about how much these should be charged for (He does not say they don't belong on the market at all, just that the price is in question.)

They will start TALKING about doing something (don't say what they will do or when.)
Meanwhile everyone is buying these in the store still, not a oops we will remove this right awayy. No its a well we can charge even more!

SickTag
12.13.2012 , 02:26 PM | #625
It seems some of the items are not available on the fleet but only in the content ship pack, which I ended up buying so I could find out how failing difficult and UNFUN the new missions are.

Vandicus
12.13.2012 , 02:28 PM | #626
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
Okay, you could be right about that, but this is the very same company that may changes to the Marauder Annihilation tree and said it was a DPS increase, but many people showed them the math that it wasn't an increase.

So BW is either inept or lying with that response. Does either one sound like someone you want to trust?
I am objectively correct about what Bioware's statements on this matter have been. Slurmez erroneously claimed that their statements previously indicated their intent to release end game PvE and PvP gear on the Cartel Market.

I have no guarantee for anyone that they'll stick to what they said previously. Regardless, the objective truth of what their statements were remains the same, and spreading blatantly false information about their statements contributes nothing(only serving to discredit the person making incorrect claims).

*EDIT

Durasturan went off on a rant about lying and such, completely unrelated to my original points.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Durasturan
12.13.2012 , 02:28 PM | #627
Quote: Originally Posted by dpwms View Post
Whatever changes they make will be for the betterment of the game, however they percieve it, not out of good will. The good thing is that most of the time businesses make the right decisions to balance profit and customer satisfaction, though we usually only hear about the spectacular failures.

You should change the first sentence to: Whatever changes they make will be for the betterment of their business and bottom lines..."

AAA titles have increasingly moved away from developing quality products in favor of relying on heavy handed marketing techniques and expenditures to drive sales. Don't believe me, go check out Activision and EA's quarterlies the for the last two fiscal years in a row. Each quarter they have pumped MORE money into marketing than into development. If that doesn't tell you what they think of "consumer satisfaction" then I don't know what does.

dpwms
12.13.2012 , 02:28 PM | #628
Quote: Originally Posted by SickTag View Post
It seems some of the items are not available on the fleet but only in the content ship pack, which I ended up buying so I could find out how failing difficult and UNFUN the new missions are.
Agree on the unfun part, but I think that everything is available outside of the CC, you just have to go to different places to get them. Fleet vendor, daily vendor, GTN for the stuff that can only be crafted.

Lostpenguins
12.13.2012 , 02:29 PM | #629
Quote: Originally Posted by Thehellfire View Post
Meanwhile everyone is buying these in the store still, not a oops we will remove this right awayy. No its a well we can charge even more!
Well, I don't think it would be right for them to remove them now so that only the few who jumped on it got it. I think they would anger more people if they did that then leaving it as is. I'm not happy that they did this at all, but I'd like to let them know if they continue this trend, then I'm gone.

Durasturan
12.13.2012 , 02:30 PM | #630
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
I am objectively correct about what Bioware's statements on this matter have been. Slurmez erroneously claimed that their statements previously indicated their intent to release end game PvE and PvP gear on the Cartel Market.

I have no guarantee for anyone that they'll stick to what they said previously. Regardless, the objective truth of what their statements were remains the same, and spreading blatantly false information about their statements contributes nothing(only serving to discredit the person making incorrect claims).
Uh no, as I pointed out, YOU MISREAD MY POST!
You are saying I said something I didn't say.
GO BACK AND READ MY POST YOU ARE WRONG