Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pay2Win Space Missions ???

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dscount
12.13.2012 , 01:53 PM | #601
Suggestion for Solutions:
  1. REMOVE from Cartel Market ASAP
  2. Add each of the 3 packs as "Rare" in Cartel Packs (A use for them at least)
  3. Remove use of Stabilizers in Schematics to craft
  4. Mail a set to every SUB that is active one complete set (Not every toon)

Worse case scenario: Sell all three sets for <500 coins = 1 Monthly Sub (Not the perfect solution)
Reference Link: Why bother? Folks dropping sub's like flys lately. http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

Suggestions to Bioware: Release "REAL" Sub rewards list.

jgoldsack
12.13.2012 , 01:56 PM | #602
Gear to be competitive at end game content, beit PvP or PvE needs to stay as an in-game only thing. This is why the Grade 7 Ship stuff is worrysome, because while it can be obtained in game, the cost associated is so out of balance with the cost on the market. Granted, space combat is solo only and is more of a mini-game than anything, it is more of the start of a slippery slope to selling end-game gear.

Which at that point, if I can buy my PvP gear from the market, I am done with this game.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

orpheus
12.13.2012 , 01:57 PM | #603
seriously? did we honestly need another QQ thread?

Slurmez
12.13.2012 , 01:58 PM | #604
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
If this bolded part happens, I will unsubscribe from this game and never purchase another Bioware or EA game again. Please clarify your intent with this sentence.
Well its already happened with the space junk and its clearly laid out as part of their future business plan.

Goretzu
12.13.2012 , 01:59 PM | #605
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

I've spoken to the design team about the issue of Grade 7 ship upgrades and the cost in game (resources and time) versus the cost on the Cartel Market, since this concern was raised by a number of people on our forums.

Our Lead Designer for the game, Damion Schubert, has this to say:

Unfortunately, there is, in fact, a great disparity between these two costs. We want to apologize for this, as there was a miscommunication internally on how valuable these upgrades were, how challenging they should be to earn, and how fast a player should be able to earn them.

We are currently looking at solutions that cause the least amount of frustration for all players affected, while keeping the integrity of both the Cartel Market and the game intact.

It is not our intent to make the Cartel Market the “way to play" the game—we want you to feel that both the Cartel Market and earning gear in game are viable options as far as value goes, neither being far more efficient or effective than the other.

We truly hope you enjoy the challenge of the new Heroic Space Missions and apologize again for what we hope is a small distraction.

I want to reiterate that we are actively looking at solutions and they will be communicated to you as soon as we have a solid plan.

Thank you for your patience.

This certainly sounds like a step in the right direction for SWTOR, or a big step back from the wrong direction, which is very positive news.

Although Bioware EA have to understand somethings just DO NOT belong on the Cartel Market.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

jedip_enguin
12.13.2012 , 02:00 PM | #606
Maybe I'm missing something, but what exactly are you getting your panties all in a wad about now?
Dat referral link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

Vandicus
12.13.2012 , 02:01 PM | #607
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurmez View Post
Well its already happened with the space junk and its clearly laid out as part of their future business plan.
Actually, last word from Olhen was that selling end game pve gear and pvp gear was on their list of things to definitely NOT do. The statement here was supposed to be a communication of their intent on space gear, interpreting this ambiguity in such a way would only cause a panic. A request for clarification is in line, fear mongering is not.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

kamed
12.13.2012 , 02:03 PM | #608
You know... This is not any different than people buying gems, smurf berries, donuts in other social app games to hasten mundane in-game task. And frankly this is something that is acceptable in a lot of those games. Facebook and Zynga does this already. EA has a bunch of games that do this exact same thing already, look at Simpsons Tapped Out for the phone. So I am not surprised about it. And I agree with a lot of people, it does not make you competitive at all, since its just a ship mini-game anyway.

Durasturan
12.13.2012 , 02:03 PM | #609
Quote: Originally Posted by Elear View Post
Wait, so how exactly monetizing at SWTOR works? Guy in charge of it just looks at all avaible stuff, decides "Oh, this would surely sell great in shop! Since players can get it by other means let's slap low price there, and let moeny flow in." and nobody nowhere even checks it, pretty much allowing such cases like this one to happen?
This. From the tone of his response it doesn't sound so much "they should cost 150 Fleet comms each." It sounds more like "we meant to charge $20 per item bundle not $5."

Which IMO isn't really better at all lol.

It's like saying "yeah it takes you a week to grind out your EWH main hand, and yes we put it on the Cartel Market, but we meant to charge you $1000 for it, not $1. It's not pay to win if only the richest players can afford to buy it!"

DAMossimo
12.13.2012 , 02:03 PM | #610
I don't know what just happened - did a thread get merged? what ever I was quoting was removed making my post pointless. Oh well, wasn't that important anyway.