Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pay2Win Space Missions ???

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DAMossimo
12.13.2012 , 01:32 PM | #591
Quote: Originally Posted by dpwms View Post
That is the order of the day.
That and finding the Real Goofy. Anyone find him yet? I want to get my picture taken with him.

(nice edit btw - I caught that just before you removed it)

Slurmez
12.13.2012 , 01:34 PM | #592
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

I've spoken to the design team about the issue of Grade 7 ship upgrades and the cost in game (resources and time) versus the cost on the Cartel Market, since this concern was raised by a number of people on our forums.

Our Lead Designer for the game, Damion Schubert, has this to say:

Unfortunately, there is, in fact, a great disparity between these two costs. We want to apologize for this, as there was a miscommunication internally on how valuable these upgrades were, how challenging they should be to earn, and how fast a player should be able to earn them.

We are currently looking at solutions that cause the least amount of frustration for all players affected, while keeping the integrity of both the Cartel Market and the game intact.

It is not our intent to make the Cartel Market the “way to play" the game—we want you to feel that both the Cartel Market and earning gear in game are viable options as far as value goes, neither being far more efficient or effective than the other.

We truly hope you enjoy the challenge of the new Heroic Space Missions and apologize again for what we hope is a small distraction.

I want to reiterate that we are actively looking at solutions and they will be communicated to you as soon as we have a solid plan.

Thank you for your patience.
Translation - we thought you cash monkeys wouldnt complain so much about it given how garbage the on rails space missions are, now we have been forced to make this post saying we will do something so appease your fears when in fact we wont do anything. Buy more cartel packs!!

dpwms
12.13.2012 , 01:35 PM | #593
Quote: Originally Posted by DAMossimo View Post
(nice edit btw - I caught that just before you removed it)
It was an unfair statement so I removed it. Put me down on the level of calling names.

DAMossimo
12.13.2012 , 01:36 PM | #594
It was an unfair statement so I removed it.
Not that I didn't partially agree with it, but good form nonetheless.

DAMossimo
12.13.2012 , 01:40 PM | #595
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurmez View Post
Translation - we thought you cash monkeys wouldnt complain so much about it given how garbage the on rails space missions are, now we have been forced to make this post saying we will do something so appease your fears when in fact we wont do anything. Buy more cartel packs!!
What is that language was that translated into? Cynicese?

I think they have been prodded into actually doing something about it. Time will tell though.

Satanski
12.13.2012 , 01:40 PM | #596
That is the order of the day.
Do you by any chance think they will make changes becouse of their good will?

DAMossimo
12.13.2012 , 01:44 PM | #597
Quote: Originally Posted by Satanski View Post
Do you by any chance think they will make changes becouse of their good will?
Well it is Christmas...or Life Day...or something isn't it?

No, what we witnessed here is a replay of how the F2P players got thier extra quickbars. Good old fashioned pissing and moaning. Housewives have been doing it for generations with great success. Nice to see it work to my advantage for once...

Icebergy
12.13.2012 , 01:44 PM | #598
Hi everyone,

I've spoken to the design team about the issue of Grade 7 ship upgrades and the cost in game (resources and time) versus the cost on the Cartel Market, since this concern was raised by a number of people on our forums.

Unfortunately, there is, in fact, a great disparity between these two costs. We want to apologize for this, as there was a miscommunication internally on how valuable these upgrades were, how challenging they should be to earn, and how fast a player should be able to earn them.

We are currently looking at solutions that cause the least amount of frustration for all players affected, while keeping the integrity of both the Cartel Market and the game intact.

It is not our intent to make the Cartel Market the “way to play" the game—we want you to feel that both the Cartel Market and earning gear in game are viable options as far as value goes, neither being far more efficient or effective than the other.

We truly hope you enjoy the challenge of the new Heroic Space Missions and apologize again for what we hope is a small distraction.

I want to reiterate that we are actively looking at solutions and they will be communicated to you as soon as we have a solid plan.

If this bolded part happens, I will unsubscribe from this game and never purchase another Bioware or EA game again. Please clarify your intent with this sentence.
This signature is a slap in the face!
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 3/12 NiM, HM GF, 2/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

Atrimentus
12.13.2012 , 01:46 PM | #599
Wonderful. Just what every prospective new player interested in a MMO would want to hear.
/s

FortunesDemise
12.13.2012 , 01:48 PM | #600
Hi everyone,

The disparity is THEY SHOULDN'T BE ON THE CARTEL MARKET TO BEGIN WITH!