Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's with the rudeness?

Ifolad
12.13.2012 , 12:23 PM | #1
Why are some of you so cruel to other people in this game? Not to me personally but I notice a lot of horrible behavior out of some of you. You belittle, bully, push around, make fun, and generally act like a d'bag to the new players. I've been here since beta and it has gotten progressively worse. Since this game does have some younger people i am going to assume some of the replies and trolls in general are from punk teenagers who don't know any better for whatever reason as they think it's ok to be a jerk because it's the internet. The rest of you though should know better. Just remember what goes around comes around. Karma is a B. it. ch. Oddly enough I know some of you are adults who SHOULD know better than to behave like a scammy (NOT SCUMMY) 12 year old dennis the menace who takes enjoyment from getting a rise out of other people and or just being a outright jerk. Are you like this all the time or is this your defensive mechanism forged through years of crappy upbringing? In that case i understand why your behavior is such that it is you think it's the world's fault and you're entitled to be an ***.

To MOST of you good people thanks for the enjoyment and interaction you bring to the game as it is due to good people like you that make our game better. For the rest of you that this post is directed at please do the game a favor and grow up and act like a civilized person don't be so mean to the new players and make our great game die due to lack of population because a few bad apples chased them all off. Who knows, by being a nice and helpful person you may just make a few friends. That is all.

LadyVix
12.13.2012 , 12:29 PM | #2
Unfortunately, many people in modern society find humor in offending others. They think it's cool, and the more that it's tolerated, the bigger a problem it becomes. While I haven't seen extreme examples in this game, it was stuff like that that encouraged me to leave/unsub from Rift and Tera.

LukeSaberRattler
12.13.2012 , 12:30 PM | #3
Thankfully they are the very small minority of players in this game. They like to think they are the majority but they are not. Most of us very much enjoy the game and like helping others out and having a good time doing it.
The Harbinger
Skaviin lvl 55 Guardian -- Kappo lvl 55 Sniper -- Snozzberry lvl 55 Gunslinger -- Friendlyminion 55 lvl Marauder -- Skabiin lvl 55 Juggernaut -- FriendlyNPC lvl 18 Operative -- UnfriendlyNPC lvl 35 Sentinel

HiltoftheDragon
12.13.2012 , 12:33 PM | #4
I fully support this thread.
The Solari Legacy
"Death is an old friend of mine"
Grievance @ The Shadowlands
Creedess 60 * Serinety 60 * Noliana 60 * Adea 60 * Revenup 60

Journeyer
12.13.2012 , 12:33 PM | #5
Personal theory: the people on the forums have finally logged in... ><
I make useful, game-expanding suggestions.
Holorancor | Food! | Outfit Storage | My Career | Ultimate PvE Solution

JediMasterSarynn
12.13.2012 , 12:35 PM | #6
Welcome to the internet, where hiding behind anonymity provides people the opportunity to be the utter *******es they would never be in a real, public face-to-face setting.
The Sunrider Legacy <Angeli Aetherii> PvP/PvE
Sarynn, Guardian | Darael, Shadow | Zadiel, Vanguard | Skyra, Scoundrel | Myrisa, Sentinel

Twazzock
12.13.2012 , 12:54 PM | #7
I've been playing since beta and since then the level of community interaction has been on a downward curve - to the point where, since f2p, I have started to turn general chat off. Yes, the incessant questions from new players (some of whom appear to be able to get to level 10 without working out how to use their map) are mildly irritating. Yes, there clearly has been an influx of new, immature players who think that responding to a question with 'Press Alt + F4' is actually funny. There are also too many more experienced players who are clearly revelling in their superior knowledge and enjoying putting all the 'noobs' down. None of this is any reflection on the game - except in a few instances when I think the evidence indicates that ingame instruction/tutorials are a bit lacking. So where do you hope to go with this? The community of gamers is broad and reflects society - there will be conflicts.

TUXs
12.13.2012 , 12:58 PM | #8
It's F2P. People have no investment and nothing at stake so you see ridiculous behavior at times. tbh, it's very mild in this game compared to some others I've played.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

Foofie
12.13.2012 , 01:03 PM | #9
I unfortunately have to turn of "General" because I simply do not wish to see it.

Makes for better playing.

Bu yes! it needs to stop.

Those folks who have to act tough and ridicule on the internet, I feel, would probably, not be do so if it were an encounter of the same "magnitude" (Ackbar) in real life (i think someone said that above and thank you for that).

It amazes me of some people these days.
Master Foofie SWG Tempest Survivor FORCE Disciples

Chaoslordfox
12.13.2012 , 01:06 PM | #10
I reserve the right to be a smart ***. If someone is going to ask question to which the answer is glaringly obvious or if I just feel like being a Smart *** does that mean I cant be nice.... no in fact if I see a question sometimes I do try to help out and in fact if I can ever start a a steady income of credits plan to occasionally give a challenge on Korban or the Agent /bh starting planet (as I prefer Empire though if I do the same on a republic character will do this on their starting planets as well) and give the first person to meet that challenge some credits mainly because I don't mind being nice but I don't give away things for free
Welcome to the realm of chaos and destruction