Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS Build

Talon_Starfire
12.13.2012 , 12:23 PM | #1
How is this please?
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

SoonerJBD
12.13.2012 , 03:21 PM | #2
Not a fan of this build for PvE, but it might work OK for PvP with a couple of tweaks.

From a PvE perspective, you would be much better off with a full Lightning or Madness build. You are missing out on all the buffs to your dots in Madness and you don't get Thundering Blast or the procs from Forked Lighting or Lightning Storm in the Lightning tree. Backlash and Electric Bindings are useless for PvE. This is probably going to be a full 10 percent or more behind the sustained DPS of either a full Madness or Lightning build.

On the PvP front, you might enjoy the stun from Backlash and the root from Electric Bindings, although if you want the bubble stun, I would just go ahead and put both points into Backlash. Chain Lightning is a bit of a waste without the procs to give you instant cast higher in the Lightning tree. You are almost never going to get a chain lightning cast off without being interrupted in PvP. It's way too long a cast time. Plus, the damage isn't spectacular for the amount of time you spend casting and risking interrupts.

Talon_Starfire
12.13.2012 , 03:55 PM | #3
What would you suggest for a Lightning build & I'd like instant cast chain lightning please?
Thanks
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

SoonerJBD
12.13.2012 , 04:51 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_Starfire View Post
What would you suggest for a Lightning build & I'd like instant cast chain lightning please?
Thanks
I will let someone else give you a specific lightning build as it has been a while since I have run one, but in general, if you take Lightning Storm, you can get a proc for instant chain lightning.

In general, a full Lightning build works well in PvE but not so much in PvP because you spend way too much time standing still and casting, which means you get interrupted a lot.

SamSou
12.13.2012 , 05:34 PM | #5
My build works fine for me in PvE, not really used it in PvP yet, I have a sniper for that Good Luck

P.S. I use Talos Drellik about 95% of the time

xstortion
12.14.2012 , 10:38 AM | #6
Is there a hybrid dps build that can get you teh bubble stun or is it only good for a hybrid healer?

SoonerJBD
12.14.2012 , 12:19 PM | #7
You can certainly do a DPS hybrid for PvP that gives you bubble stun. Take death field and madness in the balance tree and enough points in lightning to get to the bubble stun.

It wouldn't be very good for PvE though.

xstortion
12.14.2012 , 12:51 PM | #8
Yeah I assumed it would look like this:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...oMbZcMcRsrkb.2

I need to PVE so I am guessing it is probably not an option, need more out of crushing darkness and deathfield. I can live without the 31 point talent in madness but the other stuff are kinda needed.

xstortion
12.14.2012 , 01:17 PM | #9
Just saw another thread where he uses this build for rated WZ's but he could possibly only pvp which would explain it.

SoonerJBD
12.14.2012 , 04:28 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by xstortion View Post
Yeah I assumed it would look like this:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...oMbZcMcRsrkb.2

I need to PVE so I am guessing it is probably not an option, need more out of crushing darkness and deathfield. I can live without the 31 point talent in madness but the other stuff are kinda needed.
Don't discount the value of Creeping Terror. In PvE, it is right there with Affliction as one of your best abilities as far as damage per cast time. And in PvP, that two-second root on low cooldown is spectacular. In Huttball, it can trap people in fire and buy you extra time to burn a ball carrier because it is not affected by the resolve bar. It's also really good in general for PvP both as a tool to let you get distance from melee and to keep people from escaping and using line of sight against you..