Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BUG report? Dueling Banner -cartel pack unlock item

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
BUG report? Dueling Banner -cartel pack unlock item

bahdasz
12.13.2012 , 10:51 AM | #1
So I opened a new pack and got a "Dueling Banner". I was under the impression from the description it unlocked some kind of buff ability... so apparently it's broken.

After claiming it I clicked it to add this potentially awsome buff to "all characters on my account", and got a "unlock successful" message, and then.... nothing.

There is no ability in any category in my ability tab, it did not give me a stim/buff item in my inventory. So, what just happened? Is this intended or is it broken? If it is broken is there going to be a retroactive fix so those of us that activated it will actually get it? If it is working as intended, what is going on? What does it do? Why isn't the decription more... descriptive?

A little help, please.

JFerret
12.13.2012 , 10:59 AM | #2
Go have a duel and win you will see your "prize"...

bahdasz
12.13.2012 , 12:16 PM | #3
Gee, that's about helpful... not at all.

Waiting for customer service, I see them answering about 50 other posts, so what's up?

Screaming_Ziva
12.13.2012 , 12:18 PM | #4
JFerret's reply was actually very helpful. Go duel someone and you will see your banner (although I don't know if you have to win to see it). The banner only comes out while dueling.

Polstar
12.15.2012 , 07:34 AM | #5
Its not account wide either as it only appears on my char that unlocked it.
Anything that happens, happens.
Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen,
causes some thing else to happen.
Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again,
happens again.
It doesn't neccessarily do it in chonological order, though.

AbsolutGrndZero
12.21.2012 , 01:24 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Polstar View Post
Its not account wide either as it only appears on my char that unlocked it.
Ok, so that needs to be addressed. It says it's account wide, if it's not then we're back to square one.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

LWSugden
01.05.2013 , 01:13 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
So I opened a new pack and got a "Dueling Banner". I was under the impression from the description it unlocked some kind of buff ability... so apparently it's broken.

After claiming it I clicked it to add this potentially awsome buff to "all characters on my account", and got a "unlock successful" message, and then.... nothing.

There is no ability in any category in my ability tab, it did not give me a stim/buff item in my inventory. So, what just happened? Is this intended or is it broken? If it is broken is there going to be a retroactive fix so those of us that activated it will actually get it? If it is working as intended, what is going on? What does it do? Why isn't the decription more... descriptive?

A little help, please.
I did the exact same thing. When I couldn't find it, I submitted a ticket. Customer Service only needed to tell me that it shows up during (or after) a duel, and that the tooltip is incorrect. But NO... instead I get an email that says:

"Subject: Your Ticket# 7663300

Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service.

If you would like to know more about the features and content of Star Wars: The Old Republic, we recommend taking a look at our online web features and our Game tutorials.

Star Wars: The Old Republic should be a comfortable and easy-to-learn experience from the moment you first log in, but if you’re new to the game, you might want some pointers on how to play. The tutorials will introduce you to everything from the fundamentals of moving around in the game to the steps involved in choosing your advanced class and crew skills. We hope you’ll find the videos to be useful and informative.

http://www.swtor.com/info/tutorials

We also recommend our community pages, found here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/

You can avail of our self-help section on the website which contains many articles which can provide you with further information on our most frequently asked questions.
For In Game enquiries, you can visit our Help Center here: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/2210.

If you have any questions relating to our recently announced Free To Play option, you can view them in our Help Center here: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6449.

If you have any queries, or experience any difficulties while playing Star Wars: The Old Republic, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Protocol Droid M0-T0,
Star Wars (tm): The Old Republic(tm) Customer Service"

---------------------------------------

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE! Very helpful. Thanks for nothing.
It is sad when you get better answers from the players than you get from Customer dis-Service.
-- Art Bladestone, Commando
The galaxy's only kamikaze pilot with 32 successful missions.