Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

EC : 8M-NiM (world ranking)


TahiriSolo's Avatar


TahiriSolo
12.12.2012 , 10:23 PM | #131
Is this counting title runs?

We got server first timed run tonight.

Death and Taxes
Prophecy of the Five
dtguilds.com

http://www.dtguilds.com/dntgallery/m...506#pid=950760
http://www.dtguilds.com/dntgallery/m...506#pid=950762

Krazy_Karl's Avatar


Krazy_Karl
12.13.2012 , 08:10 AM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by TahiriSolo View Post
Is this counting title runs?

We got server first timed run tonight.

Death and Taxes
Prophecy of the Five
dtguilds.com

http://www.dtguilds.com/dntgallery/m...506#pid=950760
http://www.dtguilds.com/dntgallery/m...506#pid=950762
He's not counting title runs because his guild hasn't gotten it. Plus we all know the NiM Timed run is by far the most difficult operation in the game outside of 16M NiM EC and a closer reflection to world rankings than who got the kill first. It takes far more skill to clear it in under 2 hours, than to just have been online when the patch dropped.

And welcome to the club. I believe not only are you server first, you're world 3rd or 4th.

Regards,
KK
Try not. Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

Krazy_Karl's Avatar


Krazy_Karl
12.13.2012 , 08:17 AM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by derkae View Post
I've updated the article to specify "the linear progression".
I will add a column in the spreadsheet to indicate the guilds who have cleaned the operation in less than 2 hours.
Quote: Originally Posted by derkae View Post
Congratulations !!!
I don't rank the title but it can make you famous
This still has not been done.

Ranking of the guilds and the dates upon which the timed run has been completed is a truer reflection of world ranking, than your point system which favors guilds who are online when the patch drops.

Regards,
KK
Try not. Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

ArcCaptain's Avatar


ArcCaptain
12.13.2012 , 05:38 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by Krazy_Karl View Post
This still has not been done.

Ranking of the guilds and the dates upon which the timed run has been completed is a truer reflection of world ranking, than your point system which favors guilds who are online when the patch drops.

Regards,
KK
It's not really much different for the title, it's just whoever runs EC NiM first that week, one guild may opt to run it on the tuesday lockouts reset and clear it in ~110mins, however another guild may decide to run on the thursday and clear it in ~70mins. The second guild performed a quicker run; it did not take them anymore runs of the instance than the first guild to obtain the title. However, because they opted to run the instance later in the week they lose out. It's the same regardless of weather it's a timed run or world first kills, the guilds who are online the moment the servers are up, and are willing to go the extra mile to achieve world first usually will.
Shadow | Etun
Nostrum Dolus

Banegio's Avatar


Banegio
12.13.2012 , 06:22 PM | #135
Credit to derkae for implementing this and I think it is a little too late to make any changes on how his ranking is computed now.

There are quite a few opinions of room for improvements of the ranking. My suggestions....

If anyone think they can do a better job and will be around when the next operation is released, put your hand up and start a thread to gather thoughts. Hopefully it turns out to be a fun and constructive dicussion.

Put together the general consensus of how ranking is implemented will best reflect progression achievement (or whatever people think appropriate to be measured). Have the rules in place well before the next progression starts. We probably have a couple of months time to prepare.

Sydexlic's Avatar


Sydexlic
12.13.2012 , 09:46 PM | #136
How would this work for a rating system? Have 10 pts be the baseline gap for 1st to 2nd to 3rd kills for the first boss only. Once the 2nd boss is down, start considering how many kills have happened per unit time and calculate the ratio of these kills/time for 2nd boss compared to the first boss. If there are 10 recorded kills of the first boss in the first 24 hours, yet only 5 kills of the 2nd boss since the first time the 2nd boss is killed first, then the 1st boss would have a 2:1 ratio of kills/time compared to the 2nd boss and would have a gap in points for successive kills of 20. These ratios would be recalculated each time a new report of a kill is added.

These ratios would be recalculated each time a new report of a kill is added.

To recap, use the 1st boss as a base line. Each successive kill gets 10 less than the previous. Compare each subsequent boss in the instance in terms of kills per hour since the first time that boss is killed to the ratio of kills/hour of the 1st baseline boss. Multiply the baseline 10 pts by this ratio and recalculate this pt score for each new reported kill of the 1st boss and all the others too. The starting values of each boss should be all the same, ie, 1000, or similar value that gives enough room for the awarded points to be reduced by X yet still remain positive by the time the spreadsheet has stopped being updated however many months down the line that is.

This system will take into consideration the relative difficulty of each of the bosses in the instance and it should be far more equitable to this current system that saw Vorgath being weighted in terms of kill order the same as Kephess which was orders of magnitude more difficult, yet whos reward for killing before another guild was exactly the same.

derkae's Avatar


derkae
12.14.2012 , 10:55 AM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by Krazy_Karl View Post
He's not counting title runs because his guild hasn't gotten it. Plus we all know the NiM Timed run is by far the most difficult operation in the game outside of 16M NiM EC and a closer reflection to world rankings than who got the kill first. It takes far more skill to clear it in under 2 hours, than to just have been online when the patch dropped.

And welcome to the club. I believe not only are you server first, you're world 3rd or 4th.

Regards,
KK
You really hate me ^ ^ It's funny.
You're always spitting on me. I wonder if you dream of me sometimes?

For your information, my guild also got the title. (www.astral-guilde.fr)
You can better lead your investigation next time and try to a little respect about the work of others.

Thank you.

Updated @ 17:55
Derkae - Astral PvE HL - Maître de Guilde
www.astral-guilde.fr - Recrutement : ouvert
Contenu PvE 8 joueurs avant la version 1.5 de SWTOR : complétement clean
Contenu PvE 8 joueurs de la version 1.5 de SWTOR : 4/4 Denova Cauchemar

Resipsal's Avatar


Resipsal
12.14.2012 , 03:58 PM | #138
<Sithhiker's Guide to the Galaxy>
Imperial
Jung Ma

Toth & Zorn, Friday December 14th 2:08 UTC (9:08pm Thursday EST)
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8477/8...55bf6065_k.jpg

Firebrand & Stormcaller, Friday December 14th 2:43 UTC (9:45pm Thursday EST)
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8199/8...3d058178_k.jpg

Colonel Vorgath, Friday December 14th 4:11 UTC (11:14pm Thursday EST)
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8071/8...226a64e2_k.jpg

NOTE: We actually cleared Toth and Zorn weeks ago in November, and the tanks and Vorgath died first on Monday of this week. However this is our first proof so we understand that they officially "happened" on the same day.

derkae's Avatar


derkae
12.20.2012 , 11:20 AM | #139
Updated @ 18:20
Derkae - Astral PvE HL - Maître de Guilde
www.astral-guilde.fr - Recrutement : ouvert
Contenu PvE 8 joueurs avant la version 1.5 de SWTOR : complétement clean
Contenu PvE 8 joueurs de la version 1.5 de SWTOR : 4/4 Denova Cauchemar

deWildeBEAST's Avatar


deWildeBEAST
01.09.2013 , 10:06 PM | #140
<Animosity> --- The Harbinger (US)

Nightmare Mode Kephess Clear - 8 Man Nightmare Mode - Kephess w/ Timestamp

This is a clear without the use of the Holostatue glitch as well. The glitch was fixed with the most recent patch and our timestamp will prove the time we cleared it (after the patch).
| Shaylah | Beholder | Writher | Aire | Wolverïne |
| Cloverly | Diviniti | Satir | Laconix |
Shaylah the Eternal Warrior