Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

denpic
12.12.2012 , 11:00 PM | #1431
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Out of pure curiosity... what other game has localized servers for you?
I'm currently playing planet side 2 which has 1 local server for the aus/Nz region and is heavily populated

And if you think we should be grateful to have these servers then yes we are but as paying customers we deserve the same quality of service as other regions like merging our 3 low pop servers into 1 and bioware are failing us
We had to complain to get a 12 slot update to these servers and we will keep complaining until we get a merger or transfers

ConradLionhart
12.12.2012 , 11:08 PM | #1432
I'm on Dalborra and what problems are there? At level 50 there seems to be a healthy population.
Level 50 Jedi Guardian

Expanded Companion System
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...6&postcount=28

Esno
12.13.2012 , 12:00 AM | #1433
Quote: Originally Posted by ConradLionhart View Post
I'm on Dalborra and what problems are there? At level 50 there seems to be a healthy population.
Yet still occasional LONG waits for HM FPs (upto 30mins +) and almost non existant pops for SM OPS (2-3hrs and nothing almost every night for last 2-3 weeks) in group finder. Can atleast do the Ops with guild mates if they arent already locked out.
Beware my BOOM stick The Harbinger
Esno - (Heals) Commando, Ry'gell - Jedi Knight, Darg'go - Jedi Consular, Short'roundup - Smuggler // G'kaarr - Sith Warrior, Esnoimi - Bounty Hunter, Nem'esiss - Sith Inquisitor, Londo'no - Imperial Agent

IdrianDave
12.13.2012 , 12:01 AM | #1434
Yeah planet side 2 has local servers and its not bad, my only issue with it is its pay 2 win, which makes me

denpic
12.13.2012 , 12:02 AM | #1435
Quote: Originally Posted by ConradLionhart View Post
While dalborra has the highest population of the three servers it's population is far from healthy I also have some toons on this server and can tell you that 75- 100 players avg in fleet at prime time is not healthy sure the last patch and the cartel f2p has propped numbers slightly but already its in decline a merger of the 3 server is our best bet at maintaining a healthy long term population

IdrianDave
12.13.2012 , 12:04 AM | #1436
Screw that, come play planetside 2, local server, huge pop and its really playable Ill come back to SWTOR when they stop letting the work experience kid manage things

denpic
12.13.2012 , 12:15 AM | #1437
Quote: Originally Posted by IdrianDave View Post
Yeah planet side 2 has local servers and its not bad, my only issue with it is its pay 2 win, which makes me
I've unlocked a few weapons without spending any money every time I play I find somthing in this game that amazes me Like Proximity VoIP if a free 2play game can have great innovative features like this it makes me wonder where swtor went so wrong

Mowermanx
12.13.2012 , 12:40 AM | #1438
Quote: Originally Posted by denpic View Post
While dalborra has the highest population of the three servers it's population is far from healthy I also have some toons on this server and can tell you that 75- 100 players avg in fleet at prime time is not healthy sure the last patch and the cartel f2p has propped numbers slightly but already its in decline a merger of the 3 server is our best bet at maintaining a healthy long term population
Incorrect, Gav has the largest population, as has done so since GW2 was released. Only since F2P has Dal started to show standard, regularly. In the 3 months prior to F2P, it was pretty well light 24/7, with occasional standard at some points on weekends.

scullzomben
12.13.2012 , 05:37 AM | #1439
Quote: Originally Posted by djmothra View Post
There are already 1426 post regarding the apac servers in a thread just down there...can you see it?

Starting a new one isn't going to get it resolved any quicker.
Well, I have submitted 2 tickets in 2 weeks trying to get a response to our mergers. This has come from 2 weeks being unable to complete weekly flashpoint or PvP quests as I refuse to sit in 30+ minute queue's (even as a healer for a HM FP). And guess what? The CSR monkeys tell me to post about it on the forums.

If I were them, I would be careful what I wish for ...

Pulpp
12.13.2012 , 05:48 AM | #1440
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Out of pure curiosity... what other game has localized servers for you?
Yeah, geeze you guys. You should be grateful you are allowed to pay to play on special servers EA made for you in whatever remote and unknown country you play from. The fact that they are empty and have been ghost towns for months isn't EAs issue and they don't owe you transfers or merges or anything. They never promised you populated servers or fun. Want it to change, do the simple thing -- move to a country EA cares about. Sheesh...

--
Entitled whiners don't understand the new F2P model purposefully offers a stripped down version of the game to entice people to subscribe, because polls showed people were not willing to subscribe to the full version of the game (wait...what?!).