Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Variden
12.12.2012 , 09:18 PM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by Bluntron View Post
Is it wrong to think we are the best players in this game right now (those that can keep up with losmashers and PT/VG in damage and objective in warzones?) I mean, I know I normally come in top 3 in 90% of my Warzones. I am just curious what would happen if we decided to not be gods in this terrible class. I think we would crap on people on such a height they would think it was god sh*tting all over them.
Awesome, 90% huh. Prove that this all occured in 50+ ranked, and I'll acknowledge your superiority.

Because, to be honest, Ive yet to play a class that I couldnt consistently place in the top 3 in, on the nonranked lvl10-49 bracket that is.

Which is, for all intents and purposes, moot, given the subject at hand.

cashogy
12.12.2012 , 09:27 PM | #522
Quote: Originally Posted by Variden View Post
Awesome, 90% huh. Prove that this all occured in 50+ ranked, and I'll acknowledge your superiority.

Because, to be honest, Ive yet to play a class that I couldnt consistently place in the top 3 in, on the nonranked lvl10-49 bracket that is.

i guarantee you 100% that none of it happened in Ranked.

Ranked warzones are a melee smash derpfest. non-ranked wzs are marginally better, but over the last month or so the number of melee players in even non-ranked wzs is increasing. try taking a merc into ranked pvp, and you will get stomped into oblivion

the only people left playing mercs are the ones that have invested the most time. so its probably a safe bet to say the majority of mercs are at least above average skill level

Bluntron
12.12.2012 , 10:00 PM | #523
Quote: Originally Posted by Variden View Post

here i am trying to compliment everyone who has a merc/mando as a main, and yet we have someone trying to spout garbage.

and I was being modest its more like 98%

Bluntron
12.12.2012 , 10:03 PM | #524
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
i guarantee you 100% that none of it happened in Ranked.

Ranked warzones are a melee smash derpfest. non-ranked wzs are marginally better, but over the last month or so the number of melee players in even non-ranked wzs is increasing.

the only people left playing mercs are the ones that have invested the most time. so its probably a safe bet to say the majority of mercs are at least above average skill level
ya I cant get into a rwz to save my life but thats sololy because I am dps and not healz.

And you are correct the only reason why I still focus on my merc is because he is EW. I rather not regrind to Warlord.

And that's my point I wonder if we would embarrass the lolsmashers and PT/VG even more if we played the same classes as them

ErosGyne
12.12.2012 , 10:12 PM | #525
BW will address DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise when they nerf smash smash smash on PVP, that will be... let me see.... NEVER
how long this class is like this on PVP?how long others FOTM classes stay like that?
i lost hope in BW class balance, and when they do it, they ruin it on PVE,look at shadow tanks because PVP they put the best tank(PVE) in the game to is knees, now they are a mirage and operatives too, sure they to the job, but now they are the last resource on any OP

trezy
12.12.2012 , 11:02 PM | #526
Nah, they won't address anything.

Commandos/Mercenaries will continue to be the laughing stock of pvp, serving only to feed the inflated egos of bubble-sorcs, rage mara/jugs...and pretty much every other class(provided they have a brain).

It's a joke having top damage as commando almost every pug game and losing because the sents/sages on your team are garbage. Guess that's all this game is about...rolling sorcerer, marauder, or juggernaut then acting like it takes skill.

This game doesn't take skill. Just the right class.

Bluntron
12.12.2012 , 11:10 PM | #527
Quote: Originally Posted by trezy View Post
Nah, they won't address anything.

Commandos/Mercenaries will continue to be the laughing stock of pvp, serving only to feed the inflated egos of bubble-sorcs, rage mara/jugs...and pretty much every other class(provided they have a brain).

It's a joke having top damage as commando almost every pug game and losing because the sents/sages on your team are garbage. Guess that's all this game is about...rolling sorcerer, marauder, or juggernaut then acting like it takes skill.

This game doesn't take skill. Just the right class.
Once I finish modding my merc out im rerolling a moron proof class/spec and going to aim to do a mill dmg, with high objective points......shouldnt be hard.

ArchangelLBC
12.13.2012 , 03:37 AM | #528
Quote: Originally Posted by Bluntron View Post
Is it wrong to think we are the best players in this game right now (those that can keep up with losmashers and PT/VG in damage and objective in warzones?) I mean, I know I normally come in top 3 in 90% of my Warzones. I am just curious what would happen if we decided to not be gods in this terrible class. I think we would crap on people on such a height they would think it was god sh*tting all over them.
Here's the thing. I can almost guarantee that my commando on almost any given warzone, in mostly unaugmented battlemaster modded rakata will outdamage my almost now full war hero, fully augmented shadow.

But my shadow is the one who can really contribute to wins. My shadow can pressure off nodes, solo guard nodes and stall long enough for reinforcements to arrive, throw out decent protection, pull people into the fire, run the ball if needed (not preferred) and just in general do all the little things that turn the tide in a warzone. My shadow can be a difference maker. My commando can get high damage numbers in a warzone my team could have won being a man down.

Damage means a lot, but it isn't everything.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

VarrusTheEthical
12.13.2012 , 07:51 AM | #529
Personally, I think Commandos should be the next most survivable DPS class behind Guardians. Part of that can be done by rolling back the nerf to Charge Barrier so that it provieds 2% DR every stack. Next is that concussion charge needs to have a buff added to it that makes the Commando unchargable for a few seconds afterwards. Finally, either charged bolt and grav round need to become immune to interrupts, or Bioware needs to add a proc'd interrupt immunity.
The Starshield Legacy

Volk- Commando, Dahl- Jedi Guardian, Palantine- Sith Juggernaut.

Philastra
12.13.2012 , 12:39 PM | #530
Heres hoping in 1.7....
It only takes one candle to scare away the dark, or just hire a Bounty Hunter....