Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pay2Win Space Missions ???

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Elizar_Naki
12.12.2012 , 10:49 PM | #501
Ordinarily I'm one of the first to jump on the bandwagon of not making cash-shop items necessary for victory in some part or another of games like this. Even in this case, I'd agree with you--if not for two facts about the grade 7 upgrades:

1. they are not exclusive to the cartel shop. Yes, you can use coins to shortcut your way to the upgrades, but they can still be gotten without spending real money if you're patient enough. If that's your definition of pay-to-win, fine, but it isn't mine, especially considering...
2. obtaining said upgrades by any means does not guarantee success at the new space missions, nor does going in without them guarantee failure. The TRUE best of the best pilots that these missions were aimed at (I'm most definitely NOT in this crowd) have reported victories using nothing above grade 6 upgrades (or very few grade 7s), while mediocre pilots (like myself) can use all grade 7 upgrades and still not complete a single mission for days on end. Victory in these missions requires extreme skill. If the skill is there, the grade 7s aren't needed; if the skill isn't there, the grade 7s won't make up enough of the difference.

At best (or worst, depending), I'd call the decision to put the grade 7 parts in the cartel shop pay-to-shortcut, not pay-to-win.
"The Force isn't supposed to be a quick solution to every problem...although it does help."

"Peace through fear and suppression of freedom isn't peace worth having."

Bounty_
12.12.2012 , 10:54 PM | #502
I dont see how this is pay to win,

1) Because it doesnt affect others in any way.
2) You can get them just by grinding them out there for being avalible to all players
3) The cash shop option is for convienance

SO stop trying to maske more issues for a community that is all ready plagued by your kind.
Naroko'iss - POT5 - Phoenix Down
Cage - Jedi Covenant - Order Of Retribution
Aliit ori'shya taldin, Mando'a for Family is more then blood.

Ultramecha
12.12.2012 , 10:56 PM | #503
Quote: Originally Posted by Bounty_ View Post

2) You can get them just by grinding them out there for being avalible to all players

SO stop trying to maske more issues for a community that is all ready plagued by your kind.
How dare you use logic to prove a point!!

Bounty_
12.12.2012 , 10:57 PM | #504
Its so bad of me i no. it will never happen again.

TheIrage
12.12.2012 , 11:11 PM | #505
Quote: Originally Posted by Ultramecha View Post

Quote: Originally Posted by Bounty_

How dare you use logic to prove a point!!
Just stoped a second to read stuff...

Logic? there is ZERO logic in that argument. Where does it state the any of the 3 items described are requirements for something to be P2W ( Hint, you wont find it anywhere)... I can't believe people are so narrow-minded. Please read prior post before rehashing the same baseless arguments. Well, back to gaming.

Bounty_
12.12.2012 , 11:19 PM | #506
you can find it any where so yes i can find it, on a blog, on wikipedia, in the dictionary.

Play to win is when you can again and yes ive read the post, you can buy something that is in one way or another not avalible to others in the game beside buying the item with real world money, It also has to affect another player, WGICH IN A SINGLE PLAYER PORTION OF A GAME IT DOES NOT. the only way you can even argue it may be play to win is the BH coms you get from the weekly, which surprise you can get these also from other sources in the game. So no its not a P2W and is not baseless, anyone else care to argue and be shutdown?

LordDakir
12.12.2012 , 11:21 PM | #507
You guys would have a good argument if the options were restricted... because of the GTN people can buy these with credits instead of grinding missions. And most good players will wait it off or get a guildy to craft some parts

LordDakir
12.12.2012 , 11:22 PM | #508
And when I say wait it off I mean. Wait for the market to get flooded and watch the prices drop.

Felioats
12.13.2012 , 01:58 AM | #509
Quote: Originally Posted by LordDakir View Post
You guys would have a good argument if the options were restricted... because of the GTN people can buy these with credits instead of grinding missions. And most good players will wait it off or get a guildy to craft some parts
Some are bought with commendations, some are crafted. You can't craft a whole set.

As for selling them on the GTN, haha... I don't think any amount of credits would be worth it to the crafter. You'll need thousands more commendations to get the crafting materials to make a single item.
>

mlcslc
12.13.2012 , 02:00 AM | #510
Who cares? You have a way to earn the equipment in game.