Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cartel Pack gear is not as advertised - please address Bioware!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Cartel Pack gear is not as advertised - please address Bioware!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LetoAtreidesII
12.12.2012 , 07:21 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

Thanks very much for reporting this to us. We apologize for the mistake and we're working to fix this in an upcoming patch. The gear should look like the way they appear in the promos.

Thank you for your patience with this!
There goes my incentive to buy the packs. I prefer the way they look now better. If those items are going to get changed, I don't want them.

My advice is to never change the appearance of ANY existing items ingame because someone will always like it better the way it is. Instead, add new items with the different appearances.

maestruljedi
12.12.2012 , 07:51 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Just don't forget the amount of player class promos in my sig with armor pieces not available to us in the advertised form They should be addressed, too. This is not fair what is happening.
This.

Especially when you advertise them at character creation screen so the items ARE in the game. Especially when you could implement a simple system for crafters to make armor of a color of their choosing and combining parts of armor or whatever. Especially when you seem like you've dug up old threads about Maras requesting some decent hooded robes, Inquisitors asking for non-tunic hooded robes, Reps asking for hood-down robes and so on and put all those items in the cartel market for a price tag.

But hey... that doesn't bring profits, doesn't it ? What's next, twi'lek lekku over the shoulders coming down in front, unlockable via some cartel market gamble ?

Slipfeed
12.12.2012 , 08:05 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Jemfisto View Post
Not only that, but Revans robes are totally incorrect as well.

The investigators robe is brown rather then red....

This is stuff people are paying real money for bioware!
Why in the name of all that is holy would you ever in a million years pay real money for this crap?

Clevelandboy
12.12.2012 , 08:09 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Slipfeed View Post
Why in the name of all that is holy would you ever in a million years pay real money for this crap?
For the same reason people buy Starbucks, Fast food, Beer, Cable TV or the number of other things we all spend money on because they can or because they want to.

HerrAwesome
12.12.2012 , 08:41 PM | #45
Wow. How could they not know about this? They even used body 3 in the Blockade Runner's pack image, and put the text right over where it clips. Brilliant!

Stradlin
12.12.2012 , 08:48 PM | #46
Hi folks,

Thanks very much for reporting this to us. We apologize for the mistake and we're working to fix this in an upcoming patch. The gear should look like the way they appear in the promos.

i accidentally good looking armor

DogEyedBoy
12.12.2012 , 10:53 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by LetoAtreidesII View Post
There goes my incentive to buy the packs. I prefer the way they look now better. If those items are going to get changed, I don't want them.

My advice is to never change the appearance of ANY existing items ingame because someone will always like it better the way it is. Instead, add new items with the different appearances.
I also prefer the way they look now. luckily I haven't spent any in game credits or real world money on any of the "bugged" items; if I had I'd be very annoyed indeed.

The Phantom chest piece I was especially keen to get as there aren't very many items of clothing in this game that don't have stupid bits and pieces sticking out from them and now you tell me it is supposed to have stupid bits on it.

Kualan
12.13.2012 , 12:49 AM | #48
Hi folks,

Thanks for the reply Joveth! Glad to hear it is in the pipeline of fixes
~The Progenitor~

The Drayson Legacy

Glower
12.13.2012 , 02:25 AM | #49
An fix [Life Day Tinsel Bomb] - snow is black but not white as advertised.

Look at this: http://i.imgur.com/iN7dn.jpg its white? Really?
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Jeweledleah
12.13.2012 , 02:35 AM | #50
Mcdonalds analogy doesn't work here. digital items in cartel packs are like... art prints. they are supposed to be identical to the advertisement because they are machine generated copies.