Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pay2Win Space Missions ???

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Clevelandboy
12.12.2012 , 06:20 PM | #471
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
A full set of upgrades can be had for about $2M credits on the GTN right now.

Wait a week and you can probably get them for under $1M credits.

The only people loosing out by this decision by Bioware is the greedy crafters who would prefer to corner the market early and charge you $5M per ships mod for a week and then whine about needing new recipes because they cannot make money anymore.
Got all mine for 100k each off the GTN think that is about 1 mil or a little over, not a big deal to me because the space side of this game is a mini game and the weekly takes longer than running the daily group finder for 5 BH coms. People ************ about this as P2W dont even do the space side of the game and only want to ***** to *****.

I would agree about P2W if it was PvP gear that was for sale on the Cartel Store or end game raiding gear, but over ship parts for space missons that will take an hour or more to complete once a week for 5 BH coms is just stupid.I do agree they should have been a schem for crafters.

But this is the way BW/EA wanted to do it and to me it is no big deal. It is space really are people that pissed off about space gear?

Andryah
12.12.2012 , 06:23 PM | #472
Quote: Originally Posted by Clevelandboy View Post
Got all mine for 100k each off the GTN think that is about 1 mil or a little over, not a big deal to me because the space side of this game is a mini game and the weekly takes longer than running the daily group finder for 5 BH coms. People ************ about this as P2W dont even do the space side of the game and only want to ***** to *****.

I would agree about P2W if it was PvP gear that was for sale on the Cartel Store or end game raiding gear, but over ship parts for space missons that will take an hour or more to complete once a week for 5 BH coms is just stupid.I do agree they should have been a schem for crafters.

But this is the way BW/EA wanted to do it and to me it is no big deal. It is space really are people that pissed off about space gear?
You and I are in complete agreement. Of course the crafters want an exclusive lock on the mods for a while so they can really scalp the player base. Bioware short circuited that though.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Clevelandboy
12.12.2012 , 06:30 PM | #473
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
You and I are in complete agreement. Of course the crafters want an exclusive lock on the mods for a while so they can really scalp the player base. Bioware short circuited that though.
Well the prices bottomed out so fast because everyone was trying to under cut eachother and just made it simple for me to grab what I needed. I do want people that craft things to have that side but I hate the over pricing of crap and one reason i have made sure every toon I have made has been a different crafting profesion. Because crafting in this game is a joke and the over pricing by players is insane.So most of the time I do not have to buy anything from other crafters I can craft it myself or get a guildmate to do it for me

dpwms
12.12.2012 , 06:33 PM | #474
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
I won't apologize for grinning when I get a really good piece of gear that few other players have when I got it through hard work.
Gaming is hard work? Have we fallen so low?

iamthehoyden
12.12.2012 , 06:35 PM | #475
Quote: Originally Posted by dpwms View Post
Gaming is hard work? Have we fallen so low?
Oh please. Hard work in game. Obviously real life is different.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Vlacke
12.12.2012 , 06:39 PM | #476

Agreed.
Telcontar Legacy

Guinnessmonkey
12.12.2012 , 07:00 PM | #477

It's the SWTOR forums. For some reason they're populated mainly by people who just hate everything about this game, yet spend all their time posting about it.

I really can't understand how a handful of BH's PER WEEK (that lots of people, even with the upgrades, won't be able to earn. Some of these missions are HARD) = P2W. It's not like you can buy the BH comms directly. You've still gotta do the missions. The ability to buy the ship upgrades just means that those of us who haven't already spend a million years grinding space missions over and over (particularly on alts) can have a shot at trying the new missions. It doesn't make these missions easy, nor does it make them a faster way to get BH comms than doing daily FP's (cause they're not).

The idea that the space missions will throw the system out of whack is ridiculous. But hey, that never stopped this forum....

░░▒▒▓▓ OLD REPUBLIC DADS ▓▓▒▒░░
THE GUILD FOR WORKING ADULTS AND PARENTS

fungihoujo
12.12.2012 , 07:01 PM | #478
I wouldn't mind it if the costs of these items from fleet comms was reasonable- it isn't though.

You have to do similar grinding timesinks to get full grade 7 from fleet comms as you would operations grade gear- except this is a side mini game, it's not supposed to be a super grind.

At least the power converter is more or less free- but yeah, I haven't spent a coin since the shop came out- but it is tempting to even just buy the weapons pack.

I'm not really upset- again, it's a mini game and I'm not doing space missions for gear or BH comms or whatever- I do them cuz I like to spend half an hour here or there just wasting time in space.

It'll take a dedicated grind though to afford these the legit way.

rnmedic
12.12.2012 , 07:07 PM | #479
Looks like there trying out the P2W model with the space missions. END game
V'fib
Atervis Legacy

Clevelandboy
12.12.2012 , 07:18 PM | #480
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
I wouldn't mind it if the costs of these items from fleet comms was reasonable- it isn't though.

You have to do similar grinding timesinks to get full grade 7 from fleet comms as you would operations grade gear- except this is a side mini game, it's not supposed to be a super grind.

At least the power converter is more or less free- but yeah, I haven't spent a coin since the shop came out- but it is tempting to even just buy the weapons pack.

I'm not really upset- again, it's a mini game and I'm not doing space missions for gear or BH comms or whatever- I do them cuz I like to spend half an hour here or there just wasting time in space.

It'll take a dedicated grind though to afford these the legit way.
Why spend any cartel coins on the space parts when they are on the GTN for 100k or less right now?