Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthVitrial
12.12.2012 , 12:09 PM | #401
My pathping:
Spoiler

Server: Harbinger.
My location: Colorado.
ISP: Comcast.

Glower
12.12.2012 , 01:26 PM | #402
It is surprising but for last week I have less problems with lag.

BUT! Other players tells that lag EVEN worse than before 1.6. That's it!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

spacemonkey
12.12.2012 , 06:51 PM | #403
I've been having the same issues as you guys, the problem started with the server merges.

Server: Ebon Hawk
ISP: Virgin Media

Today I've managed to completely resolve my server lag, first I enabled Multicast Pass-Through on my routers firewall settings. The second thing I did was go to http://www.opendns.com/business-solu...m-dns/benefits, create an account and follow the instructions, it takes less than 2 mins and you don't need to download anything.

jprife
12.13.2012 , 07:38 AM | #404
Quote: Originally Posted by spacemonkey View Post
Today I've managed to completely resolve my server lag, first I enabled Multicast Pass-Through on my routers firewall settings. The second thing I did was go to http://www.opendns.com/business-solu...m-dns/benefits, create an account and follow the instructions, it takes less than 2 mins and you don't need to download anything.
Seems like a decent workaround if it actually works as advertised. However, I am very uncomfortable monkeying around with my current IP/network settings just for this game when everything else works perfectly. In fact, after SWTOR lagged out on me last night (for the umpteenth time), I played WoW (with graphics and performance all on the highest settings) for two lovely uninterrupted hours. So the problem is clearly with BW, and the onus is on the programmers to figure out what their problem is, communicate that to us, and then fix it.

And once again for the record, I had NO lag problems before the last server transfer and Update 1.4. So my network was and remains fine. The problem is BW's.

OwenBrooks
12.13.2012 , 08:04 AM | #405
Changing to opendns shouldn't make a difference, the isp dns should be just as good

Zoink
12.13.2012 , 01:55 PM | #406
The Harbinger
Lynnwood, WA
Comcast

Marcaunon
12.13.2012 , 02:05 PM | #407
I have good news!!

Firstly I got my ticket closed by M0-T0.
To which I replied with a request for escalation and for somebody that can read.

So.. I got a guy named Alan! who actually read my mails and stuff.

So I am positive my latency issues will be history soon and I will then post on here what had to do to fix this.

But yea, don't know if I'm just lucky but customer support is actually working again it seems!

NeverSuffer
12.14.2012 , 03:12 AM | #408
Quote: Originally Posted by Marcaunon View Post
I have good news!!

Firstly I got my ticket closed by M0-T0.
To which I replied with a request for escalation and for somebody that can read.

So.. I got a guy named Alan! who actually read my mails and stuff.

So I am positive my latency issues will be history soon and I will then post on here what had to do to fix this.

But yea, don't know if I'm just lucky but customer support is actually working again it seems!
Well post soon because today was just maddening trying to play and getting lagged out every 5-10 minutes.
60 Vanguard 60 - Sage
55 Scoundrel 55 Guardian
55 Sith Assassin 55 Mercenary
55 Sniper 55 Marauder

Missandei
12.15.2012 , 01:35 PM | #409
Another weekend and guess what? Another DC fest.. Bioware i love you.
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

KShafe
12.15.2012 , 02:28 PM | #410
over 25,000 views on this.. yet no reponse nor resolve from BW... just continues to show how little BW cares about the end user.
StarStyder - Lvl 60 Combat Sentinel
DirtRyderz - LvL 60 Sharpshooter Gunslinger
SunStryder - LvL 60 Lightning Inquisitor
Strydetrain - LvL 60 Vanguard Tank
Starmaze - LvL 60 Telekenetics Sage