Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pay2Win Space Missions ???

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Suzina
12.12.2012 , 05:53 PM | #461
Quote: Originally Posted by BJWyler View Post
Why?

BJ
Because paying cash to obtain gear:
1. Trivializes the accomplishment of obtaining a full set of best-in-slot space parts.
Your results from hours of gearing up are no different than someone who bought it day 1 for cash. Gearing up and competing with your friends to gear up is an important part of end-game. Many players derive enjoyment from competing with your guild mates to see who can be the first to beat content. Pay to win deprives you of that joy.

2. Trivializes the accomplishment of obtaining a full set of best-in-slot raid gear.
Again, many players compete to see who can be first to get full sets of end-game gear. The combination of end-game gear being craftable and the materials being available most easily for those that paid real-life cash, serves to cheapen this competition. It's like competing in a race where those that give a bribe to the race officials are given a head start. Pay to win deprives you of the joy of healthy competition.

3. Pay to win screws space ship part crafters
Cybertechs make ship parts. There are schematics for some of the new best-in-slot space parts. The crafting material requirements are inflated for these parts to make them harder to craft, yet they are are made easily available for real life cash. The high cost of the materials to the space parts makes it extremely difficult for a crafter to compete with a the real life cash cost.

Pay4BIS screws people who play PVE for competitive reasons.
Member of Bane Fleet

Vlacke
12.12.2012 , 05:57 PM | #462
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Your responses are most creative sir

However, a good part of the fun in MMOs is related to achievement. If you can shell out some cash and pluck the best gear in the game off the CM there's no achievement, ergo no fun. For some people this isn't an issue, but for any achievement-oriented player, this sucks.
Since no one is forcing you to pay ergo you can obtain all of those ship items via regular means in game there isn't much of a problem really.
Not to mention the fact that the space oriented part of the game is not competitive in any way whatsoever and that no one actually gives a damn what you, me or anyone else is achieving over there.
Telcontar Legacy

Lostpenguins
12.12.2012 , 05:59 PM | #463
Quote: Originally Posted by Vlacke View Post
Since no one is forcing you to pay ergo you can obtain all of those ship items via regular means in game there isn't much of a problem really.
Not to mention the fact that the space oriented part of the game is not competitive in any way whatsoever and that no one actually gives a damn what you, me or anyone else is achieving over there.
Please see my post earlier. It's still irks many that there's a system to cut the line if you grease the bouncer's hand.

BJWyler
12.12.2012 , 05:59 PM | #464
Thank you all for the responses. Let me copy over my questions from the previous post and ask them here (for anyone to chime in on):

Even if this gear is made available in the store, do you still not yet have the choice of how you wish to obtain it (via money, or via the traditional element of playing the required OP)?
Why should there be a need to "work" in a game - we work in real life, shouldn't we have more options available in a game to avoid "working" on a piece of content if we so choose?
If you do indeed have that choice, and you enjoy playing the game and playing the Operations, why then would the fact that the armor appears in the cash shop affect your feeling of accomplishment in that you completed the content and reaped the reward in the manner that you enjoyed the most?
Shouldn’t you be proud of your accomplishment regardless because you succeeded in performing it on your own terms?

If it is related to competition and Epeen, who then are you trying to impress?
If it the random stranger, again, why does what they think so important?
If it be the competition between like-minded individuals and groups, would it not then be logical to assume that you all would communicate your accomplishments with each other and thus be able to differentiate between those who performed the accomplishments and those who bought the end rewards?

BJ
Primus and Alpha on the PTS/Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

and our YouTube Channel for Gameplay footage and more

Clevelandboy
12.12.2012 , 06:03 PM | #465
Who cares? I don't anymore and most of the people ************ about it dont even do space missions they just wanted something to ***** about.

iamthehoyden
12.12.2012 , 06:06 PM | #466
If it is related to competition and Epeen, who then are you trying to impress?
If it the random stranger, again, why does what they think so important?
If it be the competition between like-minded individuals and groups, would it not then be logical to assume that you all would communicate your accomplishments with each other and thus be able to differentiate between those who performed the accomplishments and those who bought the end rewards?

BJ
Clearly you are an enlightened individual who has overcome the weirdly human competitive spirit. Congrats.

Me? I'm still a competitive critter.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Wulfenstain
12.12.2012 , 06:10 PM | #467
Oh comone guys! Stop whyning! First of all Space missions are not THE MUST& Anyone can survive without them. U do not realy need them to do... what? PvP? PvE? It is just fun nothing ese.
So you guys say they force us to pay money for new space missions because you cannot compete them without grade 7 equipment? Yes they do. They gave us new content and ask us to pay for it. Just like DLC or whatever. You wanted this game to be F2P - now you get the content for money. Why it is not fair? Look legit for me actually.

BJWyler
12.12.2012 , 06:11 PM | #468
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Clearly you are an enlightened individual who has overcome the weirdly human competitive spirit. Congrats.

Me? I'm still a competitive critter.
I am simply attempting to find solutions to problems so we can all help to make this a better game. Coming into a forum and posting "this sucks" rarely achieves that goal. Therefore, in the spirit that Thelrage posted a few pages ago, I am hoping to get an honest dialogue and discussion going here so we can find some common ground and solutions to problems to achieve that goal.

BJ

Oh, I am an extremely competitive individual by the way.
Primus and Alpha on the PTS/Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

and our YouTube Channel for Gameplay footage and more

Andryah
12.12.2012 , 06:13 PM | #469
A full set of upgrades can be had for about $2M credits on the GTN right now.

Wait a week and you can probably get them for under $1M credits.

The only people loosing out by this decision by Bioware is the greedy crafters who would prefer to corner the market early and charge you $5M per ships mod for a week and then whine about needing new recipes because they cannot make money anymore.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

iamthehoyden
12.12.2012 , 06:19 PM | #470
I am simply attempting to find solutions to problems so we can all help to make this a better game. Coming into a forum and posting "this sucks" rarely achieves that goal. Therefore, in the spirit that Thelrage posted a few pages ago, I am hoping to get an honest dialogue and discussion going here so we can find some common ground and solutions to problems to achieve that goal.

BJ
Perhaps I read too much into your questions but they seemed on the verge of being insulting to anyone who has a competitive nature. Games and competition go hand-in-hand. I won't apologize for grinning when I get a really good piece of gear that few other players have when I got it through hard work. To then turn around and see the same piece of gear on someone whose entire skillset is swiping a credit card degrades the entire experience for me.

Aside from the color crystals, I had little problem with what they offerred in the 1.5 CM. But to offer the top-end parts is too far.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box