Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Noob Sorc PVP Gear Question

jsibley
12.12.2012 , 09:46 AM | #1
`I recently started playing SWTOR about a month and a half ago. When I PVP, I use either a full healing build or the hybrid healing build.

Which WH gear should I get? I was going to get the WH weapon...and the Mystic had more willpower but no crit. I am pretty clueless so I would appreciate any help.

Washingtoon
12.12.2012 , 05:13 PM | #2
Doesnt really matter since the end-goal is to have a min/maxed set. You can make it complicated for yourself and build the set you're aiming for on one of the swtor sites, to see what your stats will add up to, or you could simply just buy a weapon and figure it out later. I'm lazy so I'm always going with the latter, I will look at what stat I currently need and then buy a weapon based on that.

Once you have your MH/OH and armorings required for your set bonuses you can start min/maxing. You want to balance your stats so you're not sitting on 72 % surge and 41 % crit or something like that and replace all the mods with a high willpower and really low secondary stat ( I believe it's the A-B mods).You know which mods I'm talking about, right? The ones with, let's say, 52 WP and only 13 power. Replace those with the ones with slightly lower WP but significally higher power (or other 2ndary stat). So basically, when you've reached the min/max stage you'll buy random gear based on the mods in it. It's great to have crew skill alts at this point since you will get a ton of leftover mods you'll never need, the alts can re- those for valuable mats.

tl:dr It doesnt matter which saber you get as long as the hilt has the highest amount of willpower (not sure what's on the tankassin hilt but I believe it's the same for the rest) because you can always replace the other mods later.

Also, never play full heal build in PvP.